“Disappointed. Room size the killer”
Review of Eaton, Hong Kong

Eaton, Hong Kong
Ranked #85 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Mt Barker, South Australia
“Disappointed. Room size the killer”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked a Family room for our stay. The room size in the main bedroom was just too small for us. No real alternative to sitting on bed. Second room is fine for the kids, infact they have almost more room the the adults. We had issues with the lighting in the bathroom, which was reported to reception, but not fixed during our stay, Checkin and check out were slow. One meal at the metro my son found plastic in his noodles, we were given free drinks, should been given free meals.Main street cafe was fine. Pool is small, but hardly used. Good cheaper food options around especially in Pak Hoi street. close to Temple street night markets. Would I stay again? No. Would rather go further up Nathan rd to Mongkok area.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere if travelling as a family
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (779)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chelyabinsk, Russia
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very nice hotel. I had been there a lot of time and this hotel is my favorite hotel in HK.
Friendly staff, nice room and amazing view.
Room is clean, wi fi everywhere. Nice meal in cafe. 24/7 room service. Metro station is nearest.

Room Tip: please booking hight floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel really made my stay in Hong Kong! From the moment we got here it was just so relaxing. I recommend paying the extra to get the eaton club benefits of morning Thai chi classes, tea and coffee all day with afternoon tea included, free cocktails and canapés from 5-7! I had the best mojhitos in ages! The room was amazing too, the bed and pillows so soft. The staff did absolutely everything to make our stay enjoyable, from telling us all the best places to go and how to get there to helping us when we couldn't get our SIM card working. I love this place and would come back every time I come to Hong Kong!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tez16186
Sittingbourne, Kent
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I chose this hotel for a 9 night stay in HK as I was on a budget but wanted to be in a good location for the airport and generally getting around. Hotels in H K are expensive compared to most other places in Asia but whilst I have nothing to compare it to my gut instinct is that this does give good value for money for the city. The location was great for the airport as the free shuttle from the Kowloon station stop of the airport rail line stops right outside the door. For general exploration the MRT is about 5 mins away either to Jordan or the station up the line. Equally I often walked up to mongkok or down to the harbour.

Rooms were smallish but otherwise fine, if rather bland. I booked room only and not being a big eater skipped the buffet breakfast so cannot comment on food.

If I return to HK I would probably stay here again, unless I found a better deal but the hotel was fairly unmemorable and not somewhere I would stay for the experience of the hotel itself.

1 Thank sue22
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2014

When traveling this far away from home it is always a comforting sensation to "be back" to a familiar place that welcomes you and make you feel at home by the way you are received and pampered! The restaurant and the gym along with the pool and other amenities are wonderful assets to relax and recover from many hours trip. The beds and pillows are just perfect to catch the many hours spent in traveling. I have always found the attention and gentleness of the staff very genuine

Sydney
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have stayed at Eaton Hong Kong a number of times in the past and I decided to write a new review this time to provide my fellow travelers with my recent experience.

Eaton Hong Kong is a part of Langham Group of Hotels. The other two properties in Hong Kong are Langham Hotel and Langham Place, both are 5 star rated properties. Although Eaton sits at the 4 star category, it doesn’t mean the quality is compromised.

This time I booked a club room. Hotel customer manager Marilyn was waiting at the reception and assisted for check in process. It was a seamless process, took a matter of a minute literally. Then she showed me the newly renovated club room, which was very spacious and functional. The room is bright, quiet with a separate bath and shower ensuite.

The club lounge is the place to relax, over a glass of bubble or coffee. The evening cocktail session has a limited range of snacks on offer with all alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks to choose from. There is a small gym and outdoor pool on the rooftop.

I have been a regular customer to the Eaton because the service provided from the staff is outstanding. They are professional, courtesy and knowledgeable. I truelly feel I am welcomed and recognized as a valued customer.

Room Tip: Club room is the one to stay
2 Thank BirdPinoTrollFin
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I had a one-night stop in Hong Kong for a business visit and I stayed in Eaton. I found the rate competitive compared to other hotels of the same level. Position is good. For dinner there's a good buffet with a good variety of food. Same for breakfast. There's also a terrace nearby the restaurant, where guests can have a drink or smoke. At the top floor there's a good gym and a swimming pool too. Wifi free of charge in the room and in the common areas.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business