“Ideal Kowloon location”

Ranked #84 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Whitianga
“Ideal Kowloon location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel twice during May 2014 to and from Rome. It was an ideal place for a stop over. We got there by airport express train and connecting shuttle bus which was very easy. The staff were very helpful and the room was clean and the aircon quiet making for good sleeping. The bed was excellent although the room was a tad on the small side but not too bad. It was only a 2 minute walk to the Temple Street night market and other attractions were all easily accessible as it was located in the middle of Nathan Road. Breakfast was not included in the rate so this was an added expense.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Whitilee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (774)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Travelled alone did not get my deluxe room but was upgraded to a free buffet breakfast for my stay..excellent hotel,incredible polite and helpful staff yo yo catherine to mention two...ice making machine on my landing..i went to the open top pool twice for one hour both times i was the only one there..once it was closed for bad weather...incredible location for the two mtrs `jordan and yau ma tei` and night market..also free bus from kowloon station and it runs every 12 mins...t bar was lovely and not bad prices for a luxury hotel...there was also a couple of wedding receptions held at the basement during my stay...staff brilliant thanks for my stay`xx

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Eaton Hong Kong , small romms but nice Betts , pool outside is hide for the sun , you can 't get any sunlight outhere, now the strange part , if you are in one of the restaurants on ground level or in a bar on ground level and you need to visit the bathroom you are having a problem , the only toilet is located on the backside from a restaurant Wichita you need asking for and is for personnel , it's filthy, dirty and very inconvenient , how can a 4 star hotel forget to built toilets for there clients , restaurant are ok but not super , location is very convenient , if you take the express train on the airport take the train to Jordan station , it's 200 meters from the hotel hotel staff is very friendly and willing to help ,ps if they tell you anywhere that you should go and see the light show in the harbour , don't go , complete waste of time and money

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Helpful staff. It is stated that hotel is "green "but towels were changed everyday even though we were prepared to use for more than one day. Good sized room and the upper floors are quiet. Fridge excellent. Easy to get to by bus. A21 stop 10 from airport. Almost outside door for 33 dollars. Staff very helpful when approached about anything. Would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Neil W
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We chose this hotel because of the location, right on Nathan St and close to the Ladies and Temple St markets, and this hotel is ideal for these attractions. I would have to say however that both markets are a shadow of there former selves, with nowhere near the volume of tourist merchandise that they used to contain, and not the draw-card they once were.

The rooms in the hotel are small but tidy and well presented, and the large bottles of water and soap etc were appreciated. Breakfast was delicious and the best of the meals we had in the hotel. It is the only meal we would recommend.

While the card system for the lifts confused some guests we followed the instructions on the card without incident. What let the hotel down was the service staff in the restaurant and bar areas, particularly the restaurant. While at times I felt there was a need for the hotel to have more staff rostered, at times is was simply a lack of attention to service that was the issue.

The highlight of our visit however was the hotels complimentary Thai Chi class. As novices to the martial art, the good humoured instructor not only showed us how to do the moves but also helped us understand how each moved related to combat. As someone who was always puzzled by what looked to be a slow motion martial art, this was very informative and fun.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Honolulu, HI
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I never wrote hotel reviews on Tripadvisor, but I wanted to write this review while I currently staying at this hotel.
The hotel room we got was "Smart Room" which is small, with shower and toilet divided by glass walls and the building across looked like it was condemned! My husband and I had hard time moving around the hotel room.
This was my husband and my 15-year anniversary trip and so my husband went down to front desk to request more romantic room (?). My husband went down to the front desk because no one would answer the phone from our room! I NEVER, EVER had experience where the front desk don't answer the phone from the hotel guest room!
When my husband approached the front desk agent he was rude to my husband treated like he was stupid or something, and told him this was the room we booked, and we would have to wait until the next day to see if any other room was available. Meanwhile my friends who are traveling with us who booked the same room as us was able to change rooms twice right away! And they were given different type of room with bath tub and real looking bathroom and functional room for couple!
We went down to front desk again and ask why we couldn't change the room since it was too small for my husband and I to move around the hotel room, they said we still had to wait until tomorrow!
The one thing that really made me mad is that while we were speaking to them, respectably, whenever the front desk agents answered our questions they gave us the look said, "You are irritating me and I really don't give a damn what you want." Really, both times we went down to talk to them because they wouldn't answer the phone from our room!
Oh and my other friend had to change her room because something was biting her on the bed (Room 1517)!
Overall, I'm usually cool with hotels (I stayed many different hotels in US and Asia) I choose and never really had bad to say, but I just arrived in Hong Kong and checked into this afternoon and I already have bad feeling towards this hotel and the employees of Eaton Hong Kong Hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from Room 1517, something bit my friend on the bed!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Eaton H, Manager at Eaton, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We are terribly sorry that we failed to provide you with helpful and friendly services, we are investigating the case, however, we would like to feedback to you now as it doesn’t reflect our usual standard of service. Our frontline colleagues are empowered to try their best to accommodate guest requests and preferences subject to availability of resources, rest assured that we will share with our staff members to prevent reoccurrence. Thank you for bringing this up and we will take it positively to improve our services.

Once again, we apologize for the service failure and we hope to have another chance to redeem ourselves.

Sincerely yours,

Stan Chau
Hotel Manager
Terrigal, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel is conveniently located just off Nathan Road (the hotel entrance is around the corner).
It is about 5 minutes walk to the MTR station and the free airport express shuttle bus from Kowloon station, stops near the entrance.
The rooms are rather small (common in Hong Kong) but still comfortable and very clean.
They have a good breakfast buffet.
If you plan to have dinner in the hotel, I suggest you make a reservation. The restaurant can be very busy a times.
I found the staff courteous and very helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo