Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$277
Cordis Official
  • Pool
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$268
US$316
Hotel ICON Official Website
US$178
  • Restaurant
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$157
US$118
US$196
US$146
US$128
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$95
3,066 results
All reviewstiffingrissinigrand club loungeharbour roadconvention centerconstruction noiserenovated roombusiness hotelbusiness tripvictoria harborchinese restaurantharbor view roomexcellent hotelfour seasonsmtr stationhonggh
Reviewed 18 December 2011

The Grand Hyatt hotel on Hong Kong Island feels a little tired and dated. The staff are friendly and helpful, but the rooms are small, chintzy and dated. It also lacks soul as a hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank drivervet
Reviewed 16 December 2011

After spending a month in a 3-star hotel in Chennai, India, I was exhausted and ready for a little pampering. Knowing nothing of Hong Kong and having no patience for finding that perfect little Chinese owned hotel, I opted for the Grand Hyatt on Victoria Harbour.

As soon as the bellman opened the door, I knew I had made the right decision. The room just oozed pampering...the view of the Harbour was never ending, the crisp white bed looked like it was made to rest my tired soul, as well as body, the simple Asian design helped calm my cluttered mind. The bathroom was exquisite, with a deep tub and shower. I found myself only taking baths, the tub was so wonderful. Of course, I got out of each bath and into the thick terry robe and slippers provided for me.

I really did not even want to leave the room, but did. I saw Kowloon and road the trolley in the old shoreline area of Hong Kong, snapping pictures without having to exert the energy I did not have. Each time, I could take the public transportation back to my stop and walk the short blocks through the winding walkways between buildings, which is so typical of Hong Kong high rises, to the entrance of my hotel.

Each time I was graced by outside staff who greeted me with professional friendliness and kindness. I could walk into the gorgeous lobby and enjoy just the beautiful design that was my living room for my short stay. But it was wonderful to also have jazz playing on the mezzanine, welcoming me with a relaxing ambiance. One evening I stopped and sat for a time listening to the great pianist and four-part combo. If I had not been so tired, I would have ordered a drink and appetizer and settled in for the night..

It is expensive, but for a short stay it is well worth the money as you are assured to see much of what you wish, water or city, right from your hotel window. If you are ready to partake in the excitement that is special to Hong Kong, then select the city-side of the hotel. If you are more inclined to need rest, as I was, then the Harbour side is perfect. Waking to the boats and ships beginning to move across the water and resting with the hues of sunset still touching the seascape, was a great treat. I also got a fruit plate each day, which was the perfect ending for my busy couple of days in the two cities. With bottled water provided, I did not even need to grace the bar.

I definitely recommend this hotel as a place for one or two or a group of friends. And certainly, stay as long as your money will allow!

Room Tip: If you want serene or romatic, pick the water side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SoloSlowTouring
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Unhelpful concierge and front desk staff. Very expensive. Rooms a bit small. Slightly old fashioned.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Heather J
Reviewed 12 December 2011

A good hotel for either business or pleasure with nice rooms although the bathrooms look a little tired now.

Good choice of restaurants and a cracking bar make for a good all round experience. Could do with a quicker check in process but the rest of the service is excellent.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a harbour view, other side is distinctly average looking out even on the club floors.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DuffnGuff
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Stayed 3 nights in a Harbour view room. Truly spectacular sweeping views of the Peak / Central over to Kowloon. Rooms not that big but done to a very high standard. Ate at the excellent Chinese restaurant at the hotel. Club room on the 30th floor was a useful perk. Location great for exhibition centre, but cab ride for Trips to Central. Bit pricey in places, not a budget hotel. Overall an excellent stay.

• Stayed: December 2011