“Fantastic”

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
Ranked #16 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

IWe've been home two weeks now and have to say, we miss the absolute pampering and attention to detail we received while in Hong Kong, a guest at The Grand Hyatt.
We were fortunate to stay on the Grand Club floor and we have to highly recommend it. Every day an incredible array of food and drink are presented for breakfast and dinner. The staff ( "Uncle Danny, Scott, Maggie and Mag) and service is second to none.
I must also compliment the room device staff, a few times we missed breakfast service and the room service option was very prompt and hot!!!
Thank you Grand Hyatt, we will be back.

1 Thank Gooseandtonic

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Horribly expensive (I was charged 650AUD per night for a room that looked over a building site) for what it is. If the hotel had been refurbished and didnt feel so tired then I wouldn't feel like I was paying through the nose. The rooms are spacious but old. I dont think this hotel qualifies as 5 star based on the outdated decor and rooms. Sure the service is exemplary but you expect that from a "Grand Hyatt". For example, the hotel was able to have a tailor sent to my room within the hour to have a black tie suit ready for a function. My colleague had one of the Japanese styled rooms on Level 11 which looked fantastic. If I had to stay here again then I would try one of those.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isnt looking over the building site (although that is the harbour side)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

Stayed here in early April towards the end of our trip to Hong Kong. As a Hyatt fan, I chose this place over Intercon, Peninsula etc. The hotel itself was great with excellent staff on hand to help us. The design of the hotel lobby was very elegant and the check-in process was very fast.

We had the Harbour view room which was awesome except for the construction going on outside our window. The room was pretty big and the bed was very comfy. The weather wasn't too great during that time but we still managed to see some great views of Kowloon from our room. The bathroom looked amazing and was so big. Too bad they didn't have bidets like Park Hyatt.

The pool was great too although we didn't spend too much time there. Location would probably be the only downside to this hotel since nothing is really in walking distance except for the Kowloon ferry terminal. However, this wasn't a big issue as we cabbed it to Central or Causeway bay.

Definitely a place to try especially if you are going to the convention centre.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

We stayed here for one night to attend a wedding and we were not disappointed. It is a large hotel, with good views of the harbor, but there is a lot of construction work around, so don't be surprised if there is a construction site in view as well. The rooms are large by Hong Kong standards, with marble adorned bathrooms, and very comfy King beds. They provided a child's bed for free and I was very happy with that. The location is good but we did get stuck in a terrible traffic jam near the entrance to the hotel. Ie. it took about 15 mins to move 500m! I guess that's HK for you. I would love to come back to this hotel but it is probably a bit expensive for longer stays. I will have to keep an eye out for specials!,

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

I spent about ten days at the Grand Hyatt this past January. From the moment I stepped into the hotel, I had an amazing experience. Our room was booked by a frequent guest so I know we got tip top service. Upon entering my room I was greeted with a hand written welcome note, a bottle of wine and fresh fruit. The room itself had a harbor view, was ultra spacious and the bed was delightful. Every night starting around 5:30 we would head up to the club lounge and got to enjoy appetizers and free happy hour. The staff was always smiling and knew our names. I was truly amazed!

Overall, the hotel is amazing. Every guest is treated like a VIP. I highly recommend it and can not wait to go back. Great location too! I can gush about this place for forever! Go, stay and enjoy. :)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

Elegant art deco surroundings .... Okay grand art deco surroundings .... Views bar none with service that ranks in the era of old school butler while being modern concierge's at their best! I am not old but not 20 ... 45 and years in fashion and arts .. While my make up says boutique hotel in most countries, the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong is the business .. 'The Bucket List' meets 'Lost in Translation' .. Service bar none!!! I recommend the Club Floor .., Mr Jake McHugh is the manager and he and his team seem to ensure everyone's trip is personal and well detailed. From a monetary perspective the Grand Club is value for money ... Breakfast and dinner (as you need nothing else) with a birdseye view of the Harbour, attentive full service staff and premium alcohol .. Need I say more! Really whatever you are thinking with regards to the style of Upper House or the modern icons of Icon .,., they aren't worth half of the Grand Hyatt in style, service and value for money both business and personal! And in case I didn't mention, the gym and pool are of tropical vacay standards!!!!

2 Thank AltarYourBeliefs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We have just completed the trip of our lifetime, for our lifetime together. Please let me explain. We chose The Grand Hyatt, Hong Kong as the venue for our wedding as we wanted a destination that a very few of our guests had experienced.
I tend to express very little sentiment and emotion ( unfortunately a male trait ) but this hotel brought me to the brink of tears.
The attention to detail from our hosts at the Grand Club ( Jake Mc Hugh and his team ares absolute genius in human nature and client service and understanding ) will forever be appreciated.
All of our guests were greeted with the most absolute professional and welcoming arms.
( This was not a exclusive attitude, we witnessed this every moment of every day, for every guest)
I cannot thank you enough for everything. We will all remember this as a trip " for our lifetime"
David
Ps
Even room service and concierge deserve a ten out of ten, always outstanding!!!

3 Thank Boomhongkong