“5 star experence !!!”

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong
Ranked #15 of 725 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I don't often write glowing reviews of hotels but this one was flawless. I was supposed to fly home on Saturday but my plane was full and I had to stay another night in Hong Kong. All this after I had been awake all of the previous night. I was literally sitting at the airport trying to find somewhere to stay when I found the Grand Hyatt on a search engine. I called them up told them what happened and they said “no problem we will organise a room for you head back to Hong Kong”. From the moment I showed up at the desk and gave my name everyone knew what had happened to me and was very sympathetic. They gave me a free upgrade to a Victoria Harbour room and expressed the check in process as they knew I was keen to sleep. I arrived in the room and needed laundry done as I had not planned on staying another night. It was 1 hour after the cut off time for normal service but they still came and got it and had returned it 6 hours later no extra charge. I went to sleep for a few hours then got up and went to the shop, when I returned 30 min later someone had come in and remade the bed! The room is massive by Hong Kong standards, the bathroom is bigger than most normal rooms in Hong Kong. The bathroom has a large bath and separate show with all the trimmings. The bedroom had a desk and chaser and still plenty of space. The bed was very comfortable and had a nice view. The location is slightly out of the way if you are thinking Wan Chai but if you are going to the convention centre it is literally attached to it. Although 5-10 min walk over the overpass and you will be in the centre of Lockhart road.

Really don’t have a bad word to say about this place and I will definitely return to it next time I am Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Never seen a normal room but the harbour view rooms are well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Gordon F, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. We were delighted to learn that the Team responded quickly to your request for accommodation, and that they were sympathetic to your situation. Please rest assured that we will recognise the Team for their care and efficiency. We look forward to welcoming you home to Grand Hyatt Hong Kong.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

My wife and I travelled to Hong Kong for a wedding. While weighing options for hotels, we decided to take the plunge and treat ourselves while in Hong Kong. The Grand Hyatt does not disappoint. We stayed on the club level, and while that was another option we debated (I don't actually drink), it was well worth it. Seems like it's own special hotel within the hotel. The staff take the time to get to know/recognize each guest and try to anticipate needs. The food was excellent, the rooms were clean and well maintained. The water pressure in the shower almost blew my face off - it was great! We didn't have a harbour view room, but being only one floor away from the club level allowed us to go and see the harbour light show when we were in the hotel. It is expensive, but well worth it if you want to treat yourself - and on this trip, we did!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We were pleased to learn that you enjoyed your Grand Club experience. Thank you for sharing your comments regarding the attentiveness of our employees, the shower water pressure, and your dining experience in the hotel. Please contact me directly when you return as we would love to welcome you home to a Grand Club Harbour View room.

Reviewed 8 May 2012

My partner went for business and I tagged along for pleasure.
The hotel is welcoming, serene, well equipped, comfortable and very well located.
We had a run of the mill room overlooking the pool area and it was more than adequate for business and "tag along" purposes.
The only shortcoming was we had to pay for wi-fi. It's a personal pet peeve of mine.

Fantastic breakfast selection, really nice pool area with a variety of poolside food and drinks choices available. Only shortcoming here is that, at times, trying to get someone to take your order is quite a challenge.

All in all, not the best hotel in Hong Kong but I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Please be advised that we extend complimentary wi-fi to all Grand Club guests and elite tier members of Hyatt Gold Passport. Please rest assured that we will consider your request to widen this benefit. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback regarding our leisure facilities, and will take on board your comments regarding our poolside service.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I stayed here on business but would normally stay on Kowloon side for leisure.
Hotel, staff, location are fantastic. A must have is Club Lounge access with breakfast and hapPy hour with Moët on tap. Fabulous appetiserS make it difficult to leave room for dinner. A special mention for Scott who works in the lounge and who could not be more welcoming. A great asset to the hotel. Star ferry to Kowloon is less than 5 min walk and so easy. All in all an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012
Gordon F, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

We were delighted to receive your post following your recent stay in Grand Club. Thank you for your feedback regarding the Grand Club offering. Please rest assured that Scott will be recognised for the assistance extended to you.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

Grand Hyatt is a lovely hotel - perfect for business. It reeks of 80s opulence - not necessarily a criticism - just showing that they have the attitude of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

It's very plush, very nice facilities, very good breakfast, great location, very attentive service. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have reviewed this hotel before however having just returned wanted to share my thoughts. This hotel really does tick all the boxes but what makes it stand out from the rest are the superb staff. The location , rooms , restaurants are all fabulous but the staff are beyond any expectation. Most of them have been there for some time and the hotel runs like a well oiled machine. I only go twice or three times a year however they always remember me ( by name ). They know my likes and dislikes. Simple things like always ensuring I have a DVD player in my room ( asked for once years ago ). Also I mentioned that I did not like the brand of the amenities in the room ( still very good ) and now I always get Aesop. This is just 2 examples of what I regard as above and beyond customer service. These are all the small things but this small attention to detail is what really makes this to be one of the best hotels in the world. I stay at many and The Grand Hyatt is one of the few places I get excited about visiting again. The location is terrific being right on the harbour. Well worth the extra money to get a harbour view as little beats Hong Kong harbour at night. The additional cost to stay in The Grand Club - best $$ you will spend. This is a wonderful experience and the service provided by Scott , Danny, Maggie , Stephanie and Meg - well what can I say - they are legends and I now regard them as friends and look forward to seeing them again. The restaurants on offer was seriously good. The steak house has to serve what was one of the best steaks I have ever had, all backed up with a extensive wine list. Grissini the Italian has the best angel hair pasta with crab and The Tiffin lounge pan fries Foie Gras to order. There is also a Japanese , Cafe , Champagne Bar , Roof Top Grill and all as good as each other. They are renovating next year so with brand new rooms and the best staff this will make The Grand Hyatt unbeatable.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and get a Harbour view and even a little more and stay at The Grand Club, whic...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2012

GH HK has been around for quite some time and has a good and consictent service level .
Rooms are a bit worn out and on the small side compared with other top hotels in HK . You can stay at the MO for the same price in a renovated and larger room.
Lobby is impressive , the bar ok , the new steak house really with a visit.
Also would recommend to stay at a club floor as the top floor club lounge has very good service , perfect for breakfast and after work drinks.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business