“The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong sets the bar so high”

Ranked #15 of 729 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 4 September 2013

When we got to Hong Kong, we found the Grand Hyatt kiosk for ground transportation. We didn't set this up in advance because we thought we could rent a cab. Good thing we didn't. In Hong Kong, the cabs are small...no vans to transport you to Hong Kong. We got a minivan from Hyatt. Although spendy, it was worth it for our family of five: strollers, car seats, multiple suitcases...

When we arrived, two managers awaited our arrival and held my two girls' hands, gave them toys and made them feel so at ease. They upgraded our entire stay to a suite room although we only booked two nights in a suite and the other nights in a standard room. Although the rooms were a little dated, the hotel is currently going through renovations. When you step outside of the bathroom into the bedroom, be careful because there is a raised portion. I tripped a couple times and so did my husband.

We had breakfast at the Grand Club and that was my first taste of HK dim sum. This Grand Club food standards are so exceptional! In the evening, the Grand Club serves champagne and other alcohols. Their appetizers are amazing: They serve shrimp cocktails, and other fancy dishes. They even had goose pate (not fois gras), which was very delicious. Scott at the Grand Club was very accomodating and friendly.

The swimming pool was very kid friendly. It was shallow enough for them and there were so many kids there. There wasn't any prejudices against children here....kids were very welcomed.

We had dinner at their flagship restaurant, One Harbour Road. I ordered a mapo tofu dish, my husband had fish. We ordered 2 small bowls of soups and two apple juices. The dinner was very expensive. We paid US$300. That was the damned best mapo tofu I ever had in my life!

I can't wait until I return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
gladisyoung, Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Dear freshpho

Greetings. Thank you for sharing your recent stay at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. It has been our pleasure for having you and your family as our guests. Happy to know that you have enjoyed the Grand Club breakfast. The dim sum are the popular items because they best represent our Cantonese cuisine.

Thanks for your support. We will convey your compliments to Scott and the team. We look forward to welcoming you and your lovely girls back.

With kind regards

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Write a ReviewReviews (2,973)

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Our weekend in Hong Kong was excellent at the Grand Hyatt. I arrived close to 4 am because of very long flight delays and the front desk attendant was very friendly and was able to upgrade my room when I arrived. The breakfast in the Grand Club is delicious! The location of this hotel was ideal as it is close to everything. The service here was also phenomenal. Anything we asked for was delivered within minutes to our door. The hotel itself was beautiful as was our room on the 30th floor, and the view of the harbor. The only thing I did not like was that there was construction going on and it was horribly loud. The man informed me upon checkin that this was the case, but I didn't know when I was booking the hotel. I didn't really hear it on the weekend though, just during weekdays so it wasn't a terrible inconvenience. Overall, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: harbor view cannot be beat
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
gladisyoung, Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Jessica R

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. We appreciate your understanding with regards to our current renovation. I hope that during your next visit, you will consider staying in one of our new guestrooms which are even more spacious and you are able to enjoy the views even fuller with the window curtain replaced with Roman blind. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Grand Hyatt Hong Kong hosts excellent facilities, pampering spas and more., strategically located besides the prominent exhibition & convention Centre in Wanchai. Marvelous cuisines' choices with excellent service. Rooms well equipped all facing the scenic Harbor View. Mango pudding is a delicacy. The hotel is located within distance to the bars, restaurants, ferry and the MTR station. Try it!

Room Tip: Situated at top, the Business lounge (happy hours) is excellent choice with splendid filling meals...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

Dear Nadeem l

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. We are delighted to learn about your enjoyable experience. Happy to hear that you like One Harbour Road's mango pudding. Did you know that it has been our signature dessert for almost 24 years. Thanks again for your support. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

We just completed a stay at the Grand Hyatt. This was the first hotel I ever stayed at in Asia almost exactly 20 years ago to the day, and I had stayed there several times over the last few decades. The hotel still retains the splendor I remember when I first set foot in the lobby way beach when. The lobby area is beautiful with its black marble and teak wood.

We reserved a suite on points, and while the room was ample and spacious (even with a rollaway for our eight year old in the living room) it is evident why the hotel is undergoing a comprehensive renovation. Candidly, the rooms were a bit tired and in need of a refresh. But no matter....we had been forewarned about that and the rooms were quite comfortable notwithstanding.

The service is quite outstanding. We had relied on the concierge, Simon, in advance by email, and he steered us in the right direction both before and during our stay. Seek him out - he's very pleasant and helpful.

The real greatness of the hotel lies in the service, and from start to finish it was great. We arrived before 7:00am, and the airport pickup was smooth and efficient. When we arrived at the hotel, there was literally someone waiting outside for us to whisk us up to our suite (we had prebooked it for the previous night) and within minutes we were able to unwind after the long flight. As requested, the rollaway had already been prepared for our son.

The Grand Club is excellent, both for breakfast and early evening cocktails. The facility itself is awesome. The view is great, the food is very good and the service is spot on. Upgrade if you can, it's worth it.

Finally one last example of the awesome service. We left the hotel to catch a very early flight, once again using the hotel's transportation. After being on the road only about 15 minutes, the driver got a call; I had left my ipad in my room. That's right - within minutes, they had checked the room we had just left, discovered my ipad, and got in touch with the driver in plenty of time to double back and still get to the airport on time. All I can say is THANK YOU!!!!

Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
gladisyoung, Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear RobRen62

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate your time. Thank you for returning to Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. It is our pleasure to have you as our guests again. We are grateful for your recognition to the team. We will share your encouraging words with them.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again. The hotel is approaching its 25th anniversary next year.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

SUpper viptreatment. Arrivé on the airport and within 40 min i was in My hotel. Good room. Clean super airco. Fresh. What do we need More. Great pool and Nice smoking place. They could make it as the best roof top bar in Hkong. Food from the italy place super super. I come back.

Room Tip: Top place near All.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Dear Remyp911

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. The airport express is very convenient indeed. When I receive my friends arriving from overseas I also use the airport express. Happy to learn that you have enjoyed our swimming pool. It's heated in the winter time. So if you are coming to HK during autumn or winter the next time, you may spend a good time there again.

Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt on Hong Kong Island in Wanchai as a business traveller, and really enjoyed the facilities, great location and views. Top class hotel and excellent service. My room was excellent with magnificent views across the harbour. Pool area is beautiful. Only downside at present is the construction noise during the day as the refurbishment takes place. Walking distance to the bars and restaurants in Wanchai and the MTR station.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view, and away from the construction noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
gladisyoung, Manager at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Sydney2031

Greetings from Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay. Delighted to learn about your enjoyable stay. We also understand that the noise could be a concern during the day. We really appreciate your understanding. Thank you again for your continuous support.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Cheers

Reviewed 28 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights, and were so glad we did! After the usual shopping spree, it was so nice to come back to this lovely hotel. The staff were all so welcoming and helpful.Lovely hotel. Excellent. Restaurant in the ground floor deserves its own review.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple