“Grand Hyatt Hong Kong”

Ranked #16 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Grand Hyatt Hong Kong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Perfect position. overlooking the Harbour. Staff are excellent, Excellent Service. Rossini is great Italian Food Recommend+++ This Hotel will be unsurpassed when the Rooms upgrade is finished later in 2014

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Geoffreyericg

Greetings. Thank you for your time sharing your recent stay experience at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. We will relay your compliments to the team and Chef Andrea Fraire at Grissini. We are excited about launching more newly renovated rooms which are contemporary with a cosy home ambience.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. Look foward to welcoming you back soon.

Grand Hyatt Hogn Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tahoe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This opulent property has extremely attentive service in glorious surroundings. Harbor view suite, even though not yet remodeled, is very impressive and comfortable. Little extras like complimentary exotic fruits and French wine in the suite for Diamond members are very nice. The Grand Club has a view, an ambiance, and a level of service that might be the pinnacle of Regency/Grand Clubs in this hotel chain. Although quite clearly a business hotel, the property works wonderfully for tourists as well. I often think of returning to this hotel, which many Stateside Hyatt managers would do well to visit and emulate.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear MovnOut

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experence with us. We appreciate your positive comments. Hope that the next time on your return, you will be able to stay in one of our newly designed rooms for a even more dramatic experience. Thank you again for your support to Hyatt. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

By way of background, I am a long time Hyatt Platinum member. I have stayed here many times, I always recommend my clients to stay here and Grissini (followed by Kaetsu) are my two preferred restaurants of choice for business lunches/dinners and indeed the Steakhouse for its desserts. Today, I had my single worst experience at not only this Grand Hyatt, but Hyatts globally. Perhaps it is because I have always had such high regard for this hotel, thus, the extent of my disappointment from today's experience.

Firstly, I had arranged an important client lunch here. To my embarrassment (particularly, as I was with a very important member of the corporate community), the restaurant could not find my booking. To their credit, as thankfully there was availability, they managed to squeeze us in.

Following our meal, I proceeded as always to the taxi line in order to escort my client back to Central for his connection to the airport. To my surprise, I was singled out by the gentleman manning the taxi stand, as a non-hotel guest. I was surprised and stated that I was just now a patron of the hotel, and indeed, I could provide him with my receipt to confirm this. He nevertheless bluntly and rudely asked me to stand in a separate line separate to all the other people, many of whom I knew had just come from a function and were not hotel guests nor patrons. I queried whether they were all guests of the hotel (and indeed, as a frequent guest, I know you should show your room key to confirm this), and the gentleman ignored me and indeed rudely waved me away. To my surprise, another member who had just joined thee queue (along with her young child in a pram), asked the same question. She was also similarly dismissed with no acknowledgement by the gentleman in charge. Due to time restrictions, my client and I (to my embarrassment) had to find a fast alternative. Sometimes people have bad days, and as an able bodied middle aged businessman, I was able to find an alternative easily. However, to the lady and the child in the pram, she deserved better than this from an establishment.

We all have bad days. Things happen. But I am seriously thinking about taking my business elsewhere, although as a reasonable person, I ought not to judge a chain by the professionalism of one employee. Nevertheless, despite being a client who stayed at the Hyatt in Phuket last week, and am staying at the Hyatt in Da Nang this weekend, I sincerely hope this was a one off incident and not a reflection of the Hyatt brand.

By the way, lunch was great at Grissini, as always....once we got our table.

3 Thank OzCol1981
Dear OzCol1981

Greetings. Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We have tried to put together the details by reviewing your comments with the team. But we have not been able to find any details. Please may I request that you advise your period of stay, registered name so that we can look into the matter? My email is gladis.young@hyatt.com. We appreciate your understanding.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a nice trip in Daneng. The resort is beautiful.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I spent 1 week in Hong Kong for business. The Hyatt blew me away. It's expensive but worth a lot if your are up to a luxury experience. Rooms are super comfortable, dead silent, with just the most amazing view to the bay. Gym is super modern and well equiped. The staff is super friendly and efficient.

The food is probably the best. Breakfast is just amazing.

From the Hyatt you can do a 20 minute walk IFC Mall through the Promenade and piers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the gardens.
1 Thank zelucas
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear zelucas

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. Delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay much. It has been our pleasure to have your as our guest. Look forward to welcoming you back.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here for only one night, but wished it could have lasted longer. The was typically Hyatt with a very comfy bed although the room was on the small side. The bathroom was very nice, with a separate tub and shower. The breakfast buffet was terrific!! I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: high floor harbor view
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dear rocky-mtn-way

Greetings. It has been our pleasure to have you as our guest even it was for only one night. We appreciate your great compliments. Hope that on your next visit, you will be able to stay in one of our newly-designed rooms, size starts from 40 square metres. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

In Hong Kong for just over a week and we are hotel hopping. First stop is the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong which is fantastic from the moment we checked in. Hotel is grand without being overbearing. The new grand deluxe harbour view is well decorated and well spaced. The team couldn't be more hospitable.

Breakfast at the hotel is pretty good although I do stick to Chinese breakfast whenever I am in the region. So I can't vouch for the continental/western breakfast although it looks like you wouldn't run out of choice.

The hotel gym is pretty well equipped albeit it not being a big one.

Sunbathing by the swimming pool may not be as relaxing as you'd hope it to be though, with all the kids running around especially during the weekend. It's the only reason I took off one star from my rating.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lapetitelucette
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear lapetitelucette

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. Happy to learn about your enjoyable stay in one of our newly designed rooms. It has been our pleasure to have you as our guest. Wishing you a fantastic summer.

Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I LOVE this hotel. It is one of my favorites of all my travel locations around the world. Besides it being conveniently located, the property itself, truly fits the term "Grand", from the lobby, it's restaurants, business and leisure venues throughout.

Most notable is the staff. They are MOST HELPFUL from the time of check-in, during and at check out. They make you feel special and as if you the most important guest staying with them.

I ALWAYS feel it is my "home away from home" when I stay here in Hong Kong.

As noted my many, they are in the process of renovation, but whether you get one of the older rooms or one of the newer exquisite rooms, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Take walk directly across from the entrance into the Wan Chai area. Many local things to see and do...
2 Thank Jeffrey K
Dear Jeffrey K

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. Delighted to know that you enjoyed our newly designed room. We are grateful for your positive comments. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. Look forward to welcoming you back.