“A venerable hotel that continues to keep up with the competition”

Ranked #16 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
“A venerable hotel that continues to keep up with the competition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

The Grand Hyatt's location may not be to everyone's taste because it is far from the Central Business District and the large shopping malls of the city. However, these are really just a short hop away by taxi. For hardier souls, the MTR is only a ten minute walk away.

The attraction here is the hotel itself. Hyatt continues to keep up with the competition with impeccable service and cutting edge design in its rooms, public spaces and luxurious bathrooms. The large hotel pool is a sight to behold with its beautifully designed walkway and entrance and its tropical setting right in the heart of the district.

All in all, the traveler can always depend on the Hyatt no matter where in the world you are.

Room Tip: Try staying in a club room so you can have access to the club lounge. The lounge is in a beautifully...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Bobby C

Greetings. Thank you for choosing to stay with Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. It has been our pleasure to have your as our guests. We truly appreciate your compliments on our location, service, facilities and Club lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

First time staying here and we left with a great impression. The hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly and courteous. In the Grand Club, the views were spectacular. Scott provided us with exceptional services. He remembered what kind of drinks we had the day before. Being that it was our first time there in Hong Kong, Scott provided us with some good tips about Hong Kong. We wanted to try a restaurant that locals go to and asked the concierge guy (sorry, forgot his name). Since we were from the US, he went out of his way to write down the name of a noodle house and the description of it so that we can find it. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear JohnV_SD

Greetings. Thank you for choosing to stay with Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. We will relay your compliments to the team. Thank you again for your support. We look forward to welcoming you back.

West Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

next to the Plaza in New York, the best hotel. great breakfast, super comfortable bed. incredible view. clean & first class in all things. we hated to leave, but will return very soon. located next to the star ferry, for a fast trip to Kowloon.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Thank Frederick Willi... E
Dear Frederick Willi...E

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. We are pleased to hear that you have enjoyed the hotel, the breakfast, the bed, views and services. Hope that you will be back very soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Perfect position. overlooking the Harbour. Staff are excellent, Excellent Service. Rossini is great Italian Food Recommend+++ This Hotel will be unsurpassed when the Rooms upgrade is finished later in 2014

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Geoffreyericg

Greetings. Thank you for your time sharing your recent stay experience at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. We will relay your compliments to the team and Chef Andrea Fraire at Grissini. We are excited about launching more newly renovated rooms which are contemporary with a cosy home ambience.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. Look foward to welcoming you back soon.

Grand Hyatt Hogn Kong
Tahoe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

This opulent property has extremely attentive service in glorious surroundings. Harbor view suite, even though not yet remodeled, is very impressive and comfortable. Little extras like complimentary exotic fruits and French wine in the suite for Diamond members are very nice. The Grand Club has a view, an ambiance, and a level of service that might be the pinnacle of Regency/Grand Clubs in this hotel chain. Although quite clearly a business hotel, the property works wonderfully for tourists as well. I often think of returning to this hotel, which many Stateside Hyatt managers would do well to visit and emulate.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear MovnOut

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experence with us. We appreciate your positive comments. Hope that the next time on your return, you will be able to stay in one of our newly designed rooms for a even more dramatic experience. Thank you again for your support to Hyatt. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

By way of background, I am a long time Hyatt Platinum member. I have stayed here many times, I always recommend my clients to stay here and Grissini (followed by Kaetsu) are my two preferred restaurants of choice for business lunches/dinners and indeed the Steakhouse for its desserts. Today, I had my single worst experience at not only this Grand Hyatt, but Hyatts globally. Perhaps it is because I have always had such high regard for this hotel, thus, the extent of my disappointment from today's experience.

Firstly, I had arranged an important client lunch here. To my embarrassment (particularly, as I was with a very important member of the corporate community), the restaurant could not find my booking. To their credit, as thankfully there was availability, they managed to squeeze us in.

Following our meal, I proceeded as always to the taxi line in order to escort my client back to Central for his connection to the airport. To my surprise, I was singled out by the gentleman manning the taxi stand, as a non-hotel guest. I was surprised and stated that I was just now a patron of the hotel, and indeed, I could provide him with my receipt to confirm this. He nevertheless bluntly and rudely asked me to stand in a separate line separate to all the other people, many of whom I knew had just come from a function and were not hotel guests nor patrons. I queried whether they were all guests of the hotel (and indeed, as a frequent guest, I know you should show your room key to confirm this), and the gentleman ignored me and indeed rudely waved me away. To my surprise, another member who had just joined thee queue (along with her young child in a pram), asked the same question. She was also similarly dismissed with no acknowledgement by the gentleman in charge. Due to time restrictions, my client and I (to my embarrassment) had to find a fast alternative. Sometimes people have bad days, and as an able bodied middle aged businessman, I was able to find an alternative easily. However, to the lady and the child in the pram, she deserved better than this from an establishment.

We all have bad days. Things happen. But I am seriously thinking about taking my business elsewhere, although as a reasonable person, I ought not to judge a chain by the professionalism of one employee. Nevertheless, despite being a client who stayed at the Hyatt in Phuket last week, and am staying at the Hyatt in Da Nang this weekend, I sincerely hope this was a one off incident and not a reflection of the Hyatt brand.

By the way, lunch was great at Grissini, as always....once we got our table.

3 Thank OzCol1981
Dear OzCol1981

Greetings. Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We have tried to put together the details by reviewing your comments with the team. But we have not been able to find any details. Please may I request that you advise your period of stay, registered name so that we can look into the matter? My email is gladis.young@hyatt.com. We appreciate your understanding.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a nice trip in Daneng. The resort is beautiful.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I spent 1 week in Hong Kong for business. The Hyatt blew me away. It's expensive but worth a lot if your are up to a luxury experience. Rooms are super comfortable, dead silent, with just the most amazing view to the bay. Gym is super modern and well equiped. The staff is super friendly and efficient.

The food is probably the best. Breakfast is just amazing.

From the Hyatt you can do a 20 minute walk IFC Mall through the Promenade and piers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the gardens.
1 Thank zelucas
gladisyoung, Director of Marketing Communications at Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear zelucas

Greetings. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. Delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay much. It has been our pleasure to have your as our guest. Look forward to welcoming you back.