“Good hotel, but far from the center”

Hong Kong Cosco Hotel
Ranked #224 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I went here 2 nights in July 2011, and I found it was a good hotel for the price you pay.

In Hong Kong hotels can be very expensive, but the Cosco stays reasonable for the price you pay. Rooms have nothing fancy but are big on HK standards. Only real minus point if you're not used to it are the beds. As comfortable as sleeping on wood!

It's a little far from the center as it takes about 30 to 45 minutes with the tram to the nearest subway station, but this probably explains the price. Not a lot of eating facilities near the hotel and none inside the hotel. (Supermarket about 5 minutes walking)

If you need a place to sleep, and don't want to spend a lot of money or sleep in one of the (in)famous Mansions this hotel will certainly do it...

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Hong Kong Cosco Hotel

Reviewed 8 August 2010

This may be a very late review but here it goes. I traveled with my cousin last year to HK and we found this hotel and ticket package in Cebu Pacific's Fun tours. It's quite a good price for 4 days and 3 nights. So we grabbed it.

Although the hotel might be a few meters from the HK center, we didn't mind because we can easily get a tram and we enjoyed the ride anyway. The tram cost 2HKD per way so it's not that bad. The reception is open 24/7 I believe. There is also a few internet enabled pc on the lobby. We can't really connect to any wifi though. There is a shopping mall a few meters walf from the hotel. The toilet is nice, complete with towels, shampoo and soap. There's also hot water, coffee and water in the fridge.

There was just a time when we had requested something from the receptionist but we can't understand what she was saying. But later on we also picked up what she was saying.

Overall the experience is good and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2010

I had stayed here previously in 2007 and decided to give it another shot given a satisfactory experience last time I was in Hong Kong. The price was also about 30% cheaper than other hotels during the busy Super 7's weekend in Hong Kong - big mistake!!!

Firstly the good things:
1. It was cheaper than most hotels in Hong Kong
2. Hotel was fairly clean and newish looking

Now onto the bad things:
1. If you want a good night sleep don't stay here: the beds are ROCK HARD (like sleeping on wood) and are too short - I'm an average 6 foot guy and my feet did not fit onto the bed. My room was also next to the central air conditioning room which made a constant irritating hum all night. Because the all the non-smoking rooms are situated next to a smoking room (like odds and evens), when people smoke outside their room my room would fill with cigarette smoke!
2. The service was terrible - I asked for an extra blanket as it was too cold they asked for a non-refundable $100Hk payment for it! I asked a heater and they asked for $300HK deposit! Room service never placed any teabags into my room even though all my friends got it
3. no wireless internet reception in rooms, had to go out to the main hallway to get reception
4. TV reception was terrible. had nothing to do all night and this hotel is in the middle of no-where. The only thing opened nearby was the 7-Elevens.
5. This place is popular with the China tour groups, who love to wake up at 6am every morning and talk loudly in the hallways. GO TO SLEEP PEOPLE!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Simon_Reeves34
Reviewed 14 February 2010

I liked the friendly service and the free use of PC with Internet in the lobby. Decent and clean room, with standard amenities. Mostly residential neighborhood , near nice Belcher Park and small shops selling traditional medicine. Gave a taste of the local life. I appreciated how the staff helped me, at 3 a.m., find a taxi to take me to the nearest Airport Bus stop so I could catch my flight. She spoke with the taxi driver, who wasn't familiar with the destination, and told me how much I'd pay. The hotel is actually located across an Airport Bus stop itself, but the airport bus I needed to take was at another stop.

• Stayed: December 2009
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 1 March 2009

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 1 January 2009

The hotel is mildly average. The rooms seem a little faded and the beds are terribly hard. I found flushing the toilet incredibly hard and a little strange, as we had to wait 20 minutes before we were able to flush. Still, there were some good things. There was internet in the lobby and check-in was fast. It's quite a small hotel. If you want to come to Hong Kong, I would recommend staying in Kowloon or in the city of Hong Kong to feel the magic of HK. Unfortunately, the hotel wasn't in the magic of Hong Kong. I would recommend this hotel for people stopping by in HK or budget travelers.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank arthursiew
Reviewed 15 May 2008

A nice, clean, relatively small hotel, and great for budget watchers. Not centrally located, but streetcar (tram) stops right out in front, and from there it's only 10 minutes or so to MTR (subway/rapid transit). Free internet access in the lobby is a plus. Rooms, at least those in the back, are pretty quiet.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank admybf