I had stayed here previously in 2007 and decided to give it another shot given a satisfactory experience last time I was in Hong Kong. The price was also about 30% cheaper than other hotels during the busy Super 7's weekend in Hong Kong - big mistake!!!
Firstly the good things:
1. It was cheaper than most hotels in Hong Kong
2. Hotel was fairly clean and newish looking
Now onto the bad things:
1. If you want a good night sleep don't stay here: the beds are ROCK HARD (like sleeping on wood) and are too short - I'm an average 6 foot guy and my feet did not fit onto the bed. My room was also next to the central air conditioning room which made a constant irritating hum all night. Because the all the non-smoking rooms are situated next to a smoking room (like odds and evens), when people smoke outside their room my room would fill with cigarette smoke!
2. The service was terrible - I asked for an extra blanket as it was too cold they asked for a non-refundable $100Hk payment for it! I asked a heater and they asked for $300HK deposit! Room service never placed any teabags into my room even though all my friends got it
3. no wireless internet reception in rooms, had to go out to the main hallway to get reception
4. TV reception was terrible. had nothing to do all night and this hotel is in the middle of no-where. The only thing opened nearby was the 7-Elevens.
5. This place is popular with the China tour groups, who love to wake up at 6am every morning and talk loudly in the hallways. GO TO SLEEP PEOPLE!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hong Kong Cosco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hong Kong Cosco Hotel