The Grand Stanford is perfectly located with stunning Hong Kong views - make sure to get a room with a view it is worth the price. Booked club intercontinental access and the service and breakfast buffet are impeccable. Being from Switzerland but living in the US we could not get enough from the fresh proper bread in the morning - just like at home...
Free wifi comes included with club access and is very solid and fast. Everything is in easy walking distance: 15 minutes to star ferry terminal, same to Harbor shopping mall and an easy HK$80 cab ride to Wan-Chai if need be. The sightseeing tour bus stops right in front of the hotel. Lobby a bit dated but still grand and employees are extremely friendly. Our room 1142 is brand new (on some floors there seems to still be some renovation) and features some great details like a top opening safe in a pull out drawer (don't we all hate to crawl into closets to access our belongings as most hotels place them there), a built in power data and adapter strip next to desk, flat screen TV, iPod/iPhone docking station, ample seating space, enough shelf and storage space and very efficient bathroom. Not to mention the nice linen and oh: did I mention the view??.... Thanks for a great stay team Intercontinental....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the bustling shopping, business and entertainment district of Tsimshatsui East, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, being a member of Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), is an acclaimed five-star hotel that offers sophistication and heritage. Set against the stunning backdrop of Victoria Harbour, half of the hotel's 570 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites boost sweeping views of picturesque Hong Kong skyline and breathtaking Victoria Harbour.Located in the proximity of the world-famous Star Ferry and within easy reach of all major transportation systems such as the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) and Guangzhou-Kowloon Through Train Station, the hotel offers easy accessibility within the city and entry into China. With complimentary shuttle bus service provided by the hotel, Hong Kong's largest shopping mall Harbour City is just within doorstep. InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong provides the finest selection of world-class dining outlets from famed Cantonese cuisine at Hoi King Heen crafted by award-winning native Chef Leung, passionately Italian cuisine at Mistral with finest Italian produce, to contemporary international buffet at Café on M and Tiffany's New York Bar, knowing as Capital of Whisky with the largest whisky capacity in town. The sheer flexibility of the hotel, with its ample choice of venues complement the state-of-the-art meeting facilities in a comfortable and stylish setting, caters for functions of diverse size. For three consecutive years between 2014 and 2016, the hotel was recognized as "Hong Kong's Leading Business Hotel" by the prestigious World Travel Awards and the hotel collects the ultimate accolade for its renowned service as 'World's Leading Luxury Business Hotel' and 'Asia's Leading Business Hotel' in 2016. Its refined services and facilities makes the hotel the ideal choice for the savvy business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your InterContinental Grand Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong