Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
SPainter
London, United Kingdom

Excellent value

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Nov 2012via mobile
Beautiful lobby and wonderful location. Rooms are very good with fabulous views over the harbour
Concierge helpful recommending restaurants in competitors hotels. Its not going to change your life but there's not much not to like.
Date of stay: November 2012
    £74
8.1 miles from InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Hong Kong
4,097 results
All reviews ambassador member full harbour view room the club lounge rooftop pool excellent hotel breakfast buffet an upgrade victoria harbour tsim sha tsui late check shuttle bus hong mtr station concierge avenue china
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We found this hotel at the last minute. It was one of the 5stars hotel in Hong Kong located at a fantastic surburb, Tsim Sha Tsui. Although it is a bit out of our budget, the location and service wins it all! Opposite the hotel have 7-11 stores and some snack foods stalls. You can go for a stroll along the coast or head down to the famous pubs in the area. These are all within walking distance! Tsim Sha Tsui is one of the famous area for shopping and food in HK. If you are tired, you can head back to the hotel for a short rest and start again!

The room is well-designed and the bed is one of the best I ever slept in! Cleanliness in the hotel is top-notch! The view is enchanting at nite , depending which room you book. The price we paid is worth it! You will not regret. Staff is friendly. Will be back next time!

Room tip: Chose the ocean view room!
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2012

The Grand Stanford is normally the perfect location. A small 5 star hotel with nice updated clean rooms, good levels of house keeping standards and old fashioned values. The breakfasts are good and it has an attractive lobby for meeting up with business visitors. However do not stay on the 1st or 2nd floor if you are over the bar as they have a live band on every night until 2am! You have been warned. Ideally you want to be up above the 5th floor. The pool area is tiny and on the roof,but this hotel is not really geared up for the leisure visitor - more for the business visitor. As a business hotel it is great normally

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank cas2814
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Booked a king size bedroom at this hotel just for one night, arrived at 2.0pm and waited 10 minutes while the receptionist tapped away at the computer and finally announced we'd be upgraded to a newly refurbished room.
But bizaarely the bathroom only had a shower cubicle - fairly big, full of marble, but no bath.
We were in a hurry to get out for the afternoon and were leaving early next morning so left it, but on checkout we were advised that if you want a bath at this hotel - and a kingsize bed - you need to specifically request it as it's only the twin bedded rooms that have baths...

Sounds strange, but now you know!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank davidfisher
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I have only checked out of the Grand Stamford in the last 4 hours and I have to take the time to write this review (something I very rarely do... With the extent that I travel I usually don't bother). I left the GS to move to a hotel near the airport for an early flight tomorrow. I had forgotten my iPad. When I got to my room at the Next hotel (about 1hr later) I started searching briefcase, suitcase pocket and just as I was going into panic mode - a knock on my room door with a hand delivered message to "call Mr.Ivan at the GS about a lost item". First credit goes to the honesty of the staff. Next to mgmt - they actually tracked me down from taxi the concierge had given the driver. I called and Mr. Ivan on-duty mgr sent a hotel staff member to my current hotel (about a 40min taxi ride) with my iPad - I paid the round trip taxi fair a small price to have my iPad before I fly out tomorrow.

Thank you GS staff - I will definitely be back.
This post sent to you from my reunited iPad:-)

Mfoley66

Reviewed 27 October 2012

This is probably the best value option hotel for Hong Kong. The rooms are comfortable and have everything you could need, then service is good, and so is the breakfast. The only down side is the location in Kowloon.

• Trip type: Travelled on business