Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Malcolm Greenhill
St Leonards-on-Sea, United Kingdom

Perfect

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Nov 2012
Everything about this hotel is perfect, as long as you are prepared to afford it. It's right at the top of my budget, possibly a bit above but I always know that my stay here will be just right, from the rooms, restaurants, bar, and most of all the staff who do everything in their power to ensure you have a trouble free stay.
I always stay on the business level so I get free wi-fi and the exec lounge facilities are included in my room rate. These include breakfast, high tea, and evening drinks and cocktails, and many's the time i've over endulged on some excellent free wines in the evening.
Their computer automatically booked me in to a smoking room but as this time i was not travelling with my wife I asked for non-smoking and they duly obliged. I asked them to change the computer setting so that when I got back from my trip up to Nanjing I was allocated a non-smoking room.
Unfortunately this was not done so that when I booked in again a few days later I asked for the room to be changed to non-smoking but none were available so they upgraded me to a fantastic non-smoking suite which would have cost me about £600 per night.
I did'nt have to ask or insist. They just did it. THAT is customer service!
In the words of Arnie, 'I Will Return'.
Date of stay: November 2012
Room Tip: Harbour views rooms are best, but if your budget only runs to a partial harbour view ask for one...
Trip type: Travelled on business
    £41
8.1 miles from InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Hong Kong
4,058 results
All reviews ambassador member full harbour view room the club lounge rooftop pool excellent hotel breakfast buffet an upgrade victoria harbour tsim sha tsui late check shuttle bus hong mtr station concierge avenue china
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Great hotel, Amazing breakfast,Great room with a view to the harbour clean, friendly staff . Would defiantly stay there again close to everything. great area for shopping, restaurants and also not to far to Causeway Bay and Repulse Bay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2012

we stayed for 3 days in this hotel. check in was immediate and efficient. got a free upgrade to the harbour view room. view from the room was excellent. room itself was clean. no problems there. hotel is in the process of refurbishment. so ask for the new one. service was good and swift. liked the food at the cafe M. they have something for everyone. quality was good. overall a good hotel. pool is optimally heated one, though small. definitely a recommended star property.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Goutham75
Reviewed 13 November 2012

It was an ok hotel, would actually be quite a nice one...if only a) they were decent enough to tell guests that they were doing extremely loud, noisy and rather extensive refurbishment works throughout their hotel BEFORE they were required to book. No discounts either. Im sorry, but I really don't like being made to pay so much for an apparently 5* hotel that was drowned in extreme noises and sounded like it was about to bloody fall apart!
b) it's really far away from the underground and a good 10 minute walk to the East MTR TST East station too!
I think next time, definitely not this hotel again....I would rather go for the other Intercontinental as you get the proper view there.
Plus their pool was on the top floor, 19....but it was surrounded by bloody walls so you couldn't see anything!

Room tip: The Premier/Premium rooms are the newly refurbished rooms, whilst the Deluxe are the old ones.
Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank imajesas
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I am frequenting a couple hotels in HKG regularly but this hotel is returning on my radar screen always. Key at this hotel is the staff making a difference; they are lovely and very focused on their clientele having a good stay.
It is true that this hotel is a bit of longer distance away, that is 5-10 minutes, but actually that works pretty well. The connection to Tsimshatsui is therefor a little better than the hotels a little closer to the ferry terminals. Within a 10 minutes walk you are right in the middle of Kowloon, MTR the metro system, and from here all is accessible. Buy yourself an Octopus card; it makes coming around so much easier. K11 shopping is close as well and what have you in all these little streets; it is a treat to walk about the streets. The ferry terminal to Hong Kong island is a 20 minutes walk along Victoria harbor. I like a little walk always; this works for me. If you are looking for a quiet place in Hong Kong; don't travel at all. This comes pretty close to a restful stay.

The hotel started renovating rooms and they are having a nice new decor, very tastefull. I stayed at floor 12. Rooms are reasonable size but do not expect a large room. I enjoy the view over the harbor; if you do not care you can save on the room price. Any room will do for you. I have not had a bad one.

The hotel Intercontinental club is worth adding to the bill actually; just for the staff alone. I love the personal attention when traveling alone and they are particularly good here. Breakfast with a view on Victoria harbor is fantastic.

Restaurants in the hotel are indeed serving good quality food; but there is so much to explore outside that I would certainly recommend to use the city guides to get to some very good Hong Kong style food.

When booking for Hong Kong you got to be patient always; use the regular booking tools and frequent these regularly and sometimes you can get surprisingly good prices 2-3 days before the stay. Pricing for Hong Kong hotels is in the highest categories; and that is why I end up at this hotel mostly; good price and class. It's definitely not cheap though but the hotels who think they are right in the middle of the buzz will charge you double. I rather walk the 5-10 minutes.

Room tip: Try to get to a renovated room, floor 12 is renovated but there are more floors.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank hans_hasselbach
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This hotel meets the qualification as InterContineltal Hotel brand, comfortable room, good facilities and nice restaurants. Especially all Japanese, Italian and Chinese restaurant meets to your expectation for the taste. Only problem is too crowded reception area and subway station is not really close, about 6-7 minutes to TST East bur more to TST station.

Room tip: Not very much different but better to have sea view side.
Date of stay: March 2012