Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
pinacolada53
Salisbury, United Kingdom

It's no less than you'd expect for 5star, but no hurry to return

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 5 Dec 2012
Its difficult to find fault with the hotel, so I won't. But there's nothing here that makes me want to choose it again.Don't get me wrong, good location (if your business etc is in Kowloon), all the services you could want, very pleasant and helpful staff and naturally smart, clean, efficient bedrooms, massive choice for breakfast and slap bang in the shopping area. I went for the safe choice and that's what I got, so no complaints. Stay here if you need likewise, you'll enjoy it. But I can't help thinking next time I visit I will look for something more fun on hong kong island, which, if like me, that's where you need to do business, might also save you stress in travel time. Top tip? Use the subway, avoid cabs; it's worth taking ten minutes to work out how to use them, it'll save you wasted hours in traffic jams..it took me two cab rides to work out the subway was the sensible option!
Date of stay: December 2012
    £51
8.1 miles from InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, an IHG Hotel
View more hotels in Hong Kong
4,061 results
All reviews ambassador member full harbour view room the club lounge rooftop pool excellent hotel breakfast buffet an upgrade victoria harbour tsim sha tsui late check shuttle bus hong mtr station concierge avenue china
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice this year. Once during the Hong Kong sevens tournament and again in August with my family. I'd have to say that the staff is very accommodating and the lounge is a great place to have breakfast or a drink at night. During the day I did use the pool a couple of times and the gym up on the 17th floor. Worth a visit if you’re travelling for personal reasons.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Brian N
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This hotel is terrific. Staff is exceptional and well trained,and all have a ready smile and positive attitude. Rooms are large and well equipped and very quiet. Restaurants are great and selection is varied and of very high quality. Located in East Tsim Sha Shui, it is convenient to central either through MTR or Star Ferry. The area around the hotel has many great shops and restaurants and seems safe. It is far enough away from Nathan Road that you are not bothered by the fellows hawking fake watches, etc., but still very central.

Two area of the hotel really stand out - the business center for their exceptional service and the front desk. This hotel bends over backwards to provide a level of service seldom found any more.

Room tip: Harbour View Rooms have all been renovated and have wonderful views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Everything about this hotel is perfect, as long as you are prepared to afford it. It's right at the top of my budget, possibly a bit above but I always know that my stay here will be just right, from the rooms, restaurants, bar, and most of all the staff who do everything in their power to ensure you have a trouble free stay.
I always stay on the business level so I get free wi-fi and the exec lounge facilities are included in my room rate. These include breakfast, high tea, and evening drinks and cocktails, and many's the time i've over endulged on some excellent free wines in the evening.
Their computer automatically booked me in to a smoking room but as this time i was not travelling with my wife I asked for non-smoking and they duly obliged. I asked them to change the computer setting so that when I got back from my trip up to Nanjing I was allocated a non-smoking room.
Unfortunately this was not done so that when I booked in again a few days later I asked for the room to be changed to non-smoking but none were available so they upgraded me to a fantastic non-smoking suite which would have cost me about £600 per night.
I did'nt have to ask or insist. They just did it. THAT is customer service!
In the words of Arnie, 'I Will Return'.

Room tip: Harbour views rooms are best, but if your budget only runs to a partial harbour view ask for one that looks towards Hong Kong Central (or the Peak) i thinks that's west. Otherwise you look down the harbour towards to old kai Tak airport which is one big building site.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Great hotel, Amazing breakfast,Great room with a view to the harbour clean, friendly staff . Would defiantly stay there again close to everything. great area for shopping, restaurants and also not to far to Causeway Bay and Repulse Bay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2012

we stayed for 3 days in this hotel. check in was immediate and efficient. got a free upgrade to the harbour view room. view from the room was excellent. room itself was clean. no problems there. hotel is in the process of refurbishment. so ask for the new one. service was good and swift. liked the food at the cafe M. they have something for everyone. quality was good. overall a good hotel. pool is optimally heated one, though small. definitely a recommended star property.

• Trip type: Travelled with family