“Amazing hospitality at the Intercontinental Grand Stanford” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Grand Stanford

InterContinental Grand Stanford
Ranked #27 of 715 Hotels in Hong Kong
adelaide australia
“Amazing hospitality at the Intercontinental Grand Stanford”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We stayed here on the 29 December 2013 and back again a few days later. We stayed on the Club floor and it was amazing. The staff were fantastic. The staff could not do enough for you and they were always there to help. The people in charge on the club floor were unbelievably kind, and would do anything for you. This includes making or changing your reservations, helping you book tickets to any show or trip around HongKong. The food was one of the best we have had in the IHG. It was well worth while paying extra money for the club floor, as you have breakfast, afternoon tea and a light dinner, including the alcoholic drinks. They had a very good range. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a hotel in HongKong. We will be returning again in April. Many thanks to the all staff who work in the club floor. We appreciate all your kindness and assistance. Many thanks to the chefs who preps the food for the club floor as they made some amazing food that was just absolutely perfect.

Room Tip: Book a club floor room so you receive all the benefits that go with it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Cyrus22,

Many thanks for your feedback on tripadvisor.com, we are very grateful that you chose to spend your trip to Hong Kong staying with us.

It is lovely to hear that you had a great time and thanks for your compliments about our Club. We are indeed very proud to have such passionate team members working with us.

Please ensure to contact me personally before your April trip and if I may assist with any future needs please let me know, we look forward to welcoming you back.

John_drummond@interconti.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (568)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

This is an upscale hotel with a terrific location that is near restaurants , subway and shopping.It is also very convenient for business and has a great business centre with at tentative staff and and comfortable meeting rooms.The staff are fantastic and restaurants have a broad selection of tasty foods.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Lance K,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your trip to Hong Kong and for taking the time to write and give feedback on tripadvisor.com, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of the online community.

We are pleased you found our location, meeting room and staff to be to your needs and liking, we appreciate the feedback.

We hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I selected InterContinental Grand Stanford Hotel due to its location. I read several reviews made by guests of this hotel in Tripadvisor and it seems that the common complaint is the rudeness of the hotel staff. As this is HK, I am not surprised (I have visited HK more than 6x and customer service in HK is practically nil/inexistent though it has substantially improved throughout the years). However, I was taken aback by the efficiency of the hotel staff and the care they showed us as guest of this hotel so I am making this review. We arrived in the hotel at around 10 am and we were allowed to check in. The housekeeping staff also made sure our room was clean every time we entered our room (It was a first for me that our room got cleaned more than once a day without any request and I've stayed in quite a number of five star hotels). A day before our check out date, a hotel staff asked us what time we wanted to check out, our flight and transportation details and if we needed a wake up call. This is another first for me. Kudos to the hotel staff of Intercontinental Grand Stanford for making our stay in HK quite comfortable.

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank TessSo
Dear TessSo,

On behalf of the management I thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the recognition of our staff, I am pleased that you left us with a positive impression, sharing your review with our team put big smiles on their faces, for this I thank you, there is no greater motivator than the feedback from our guests.

Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights on business from Dec 18-23, 2013. The hotel lobby is well-appointed and I was greeted very enthusiastically. My room was on the 10th floor overlooking the harbour. The room was a bit small, but it had everything I needed. I could also tell that the room/floor was recently renovated. I love the dark wood that is used in the room and the hallways.

The location cannot be beat - only a 15 minute walk to the star ferry or a 10 minute walk to the subway station.

I ordered room service probably 5 times and ate at the breakfast buffet twice. All was excellent.

Housekeeping came twice daily and always made my room up perfectly. I also really appreciated the complimentary bottles of water.

I am in the travel/tourism industry and this property truly lived up to my expectations.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Seattledude01,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your 5 nights stay in Hong Kong and for taking the time to write and give feedback on tripadvisor.com, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of the online community.

We are delighted to read your review and that you found our location, room service, breakfast buffet to be excellent. We are glad that we lived up to my expectations.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

service is great

hotel is a decent value for HK but............

food in the Club Lounge is just atrocious (horrible) and they stopped serving Champagne, they now serve some crap prosecco

the Lounge is why I stay there and it is looking dirty + tired despite the great view

they did a nice job refurbishing the rooms and the service is above average but they are definitely cheapening their product in the lounge - big disappointment

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank numberoneson
Dear numberoneson,

Thank you for taking the time to write and give feedback on tripadvisor.com, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us and the rest of the online community.

Whilst we are pleased that you found our service to be great, I am very concerned that you found the food in the Club not to be of good quality and in addition the serving of Champagne, we currently offer a choice of both Champagne (Moet) and Italian Prosecco, I would like to hear back from you if you could email me as to how this service issue happened as this will help me further rectify any shortcomings in how it is offered to our guests.

Here at the hotel we hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

I have a personal preference for IC hotels and during my trip to Hong Kong I had the chance to experience both IC properties which are relatively close to each other.

The Grand Stanford might not be as big as its sister property - the IC HKG, but what it lacks in size it is more than made up by wonderful service and a superb club facility in an intimate setting. From the minute that we were checked in at the club, we felt like valued guests by the attentive and proactive staff. The club facility was elegantly appointed and felt inviting. There were wonderful views of Victoria Harbor from the tables and I had the opportunity to have breakfast here the following morning. The food display was sumptuous with items that catered to a wide range of tastes. Staff was always courteous and welcoming.

As for the room, we requested a harbor view room and it did not disappoint. The view was lovely and the decor was contemporary and spacious. The bed felt comfortable and it was a pleasure to find the Ambassador extras like water and fruits upon entering the room. Unable to sleep at around 4A, I decided to go down to the lobby and take some pics. One of the staff members (perhaps security since he was not in uniform and was in business attire) stared at me for a few seconds which made me feel slightly awkward. Perhaps a casual greeting or acknowledgement would have been more appropriate. I stayed for a little while and then returned to my room.

Overall I had an excellent stay here and will return in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear jetsetpanda,

We are delighted to know that you found our service in our Club lounge to be excellent as well as the product we offer there, we also appreciate your feedback on photo taking, I will certainly look at this area.

Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed 4 nights on business and this hotel was in the budget as it was considerably cheaper than the other intercontinental or the shangri la . When i arrived, they offered me either a double with no view or a "small single with a view over the harbour". The small single turned out to be very spacious and a fantastic view over the harbour. The breakfast was one of the best i have had in a hotel.
Hotel is a 15 minute walk from the ferry - but what a walk!

Room Tip: The view over the harbour makes all the difference
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear andrew-jerusalem,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on the hotel, regarding your recent four night stay, we appreciate your kind review.

We hope you will return again soon as we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.