“Good location”

InterContinental Grand Stanford
Ranked #23 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I stayed for 6 nights in June. Overall the hotel was clean and is in a good location close to TST station and within walking distance to main shopping strip. We had a harbour view room with great views across the harbour. With the hotel located on a main busy road you can hear the traffic below, noticeably at night when you are trying to sleep. Also be aware of the tours being offered by the hotel tour desk as we found out a very similar tour by another company was half the price quoted by the hotel tour desk

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Itterom67
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Dear by Itterom67,

Thank you for taking time to write your review on tripadvisor.com.

We are happy to hear that you and your wife found the hotel to be clean and well situated, we are also glad you both enjoyed the view.

I am sorry you found that our tours were higher priced than that of outside the hotel, however we are very careful of the types of tours we offer as well as the staffing and logistics we offer, ensuring that guest experience is that of a 5 star offering.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you both back again on your next visit to Hong Kong.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Grand Stanford

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Hotel is modern and renovation is still going on. Food is very nice. Wide variety of food items are available during buffet breakfast. Hotel rooms are very good. Swimming pool is small and it needs an upgrade. It should be bigger and better.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ravi M
John_W_Drummond, Manager at InterContinental Grand Stanford, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Ravi M,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Grand Stanford as your hotel of choice while in Hong Kong and for taking the time to share your feedback with us and the rest of the online community.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the Breakfast and Rooms to your liking, for our swimming pool we thank you for the recommendation and are planning this soon.

Here at the hotel we hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed in March 2014 for a business training at the hotel.

My room was very cosy. Check-in was a breeze. Everybody seemed pleasant. Upon entering my room, a fruit platter was waiting with fresh tropical fruits.

I ate at the Cafe on M, and the food was excellent. They even serve halal indian food. Thumbs up for that!!! And they had snow crabs!!

Conference room and facilities were excellent too.

Although you have to walk about 5 minutes to the nearest station, cabs are plentiful. Also, it is not very close to the Tshim Sha Tsui happening street, you could walk but the streets are quite busy. However, the Avenue of Stars is just behind the hotel, where I think it's prettier at night.

Overall, great hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear zafinamz,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We know that you would have been very busy during your meetings and appreciate you taking time to highlight to us that you found your room to be very cosy, with Check-in efficient.

We also appreciate and are happy we were able to serve halal indian food during your stay.

We hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is well positioned to explore Kowloon area. The hotel was undergoing refurbishment which the reception informed me, but my travel booking company did not. The reception staff gave me a room with a great view of Hong Kong from my room window. The room was tired, but as stated the hotel was undergoing a refurbishment , so unfair to complain. I was able connect with a great jogging track across from the hotel along the shoreline of Kowloon. The wifi was not free , but was good, breakfast was excellent, though reception area could do with checking the AC's as it was very humid in this area, compared to other hotels in the area which had better AC in the reception area. Overall it was good location and clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Itunesjamie

Dear Itunesjamie,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are delighted to know that you found your stay enjoyable and enjoyed the jogging area, I thank you for highlighting the lobby temperature we are currently looking at solutions to improve this.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I've stayed here numerous times for good reasons. Staff are efficient, friendly and helpful - rooms are clean, modern with everything you need and beds are comfy! If you are lucky enough to get a room with a harbour view the night time spectacle of the Hong Kong skyline is breathtaking. In house restraints are fab (try the duck in Chinese restraint!). Conveniently located for MTR stations, Star Ferry and within walking distance of local shopping and museums. A perfect place to stay - I love it!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LADYLUCINDA

Dear LADYLUCINDA,

We are delighted to see at the end of your review that you wrote “A perfect place to stay - I love it!” We are humbled by your very flattering review and hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I often stay in HK for business and this is the hotel that I use most often. Based in TST on the Kowloon side it is very conveniently located and is only minutes in a cab to Harbour City - great for shopping!
The rooms are always kept very tidy and clean and I have always found it to be a quiet hotel when you are in the rooms - there doesn't seem to be a lot of noise on the floors unless you are near the lift shaft.
The food in Café on M is great - but make sure that you book for weekend / evenings as there is a buffet as well as Al a carte menu available and the buffet is very popular. Breakfast always has a really wide selection.
Tiffanys bar is great for an early or late drink - I find that it either is a bit too quiet and no atmosphere or there are singers in there with the microphones turned up ridiculously loudly so I avoid it between the hours of 8 and 11!
The bathrooms could do with an update - I am told there are certain floors that have glass walk in showers but I always seem to get a room with the bath and the shower curtain *shudders* - why haven't these unhygienic things been banned yet?
Staff are always incredibly helpful and unlike hotels over the border there are never hard feelings when I arrive and haven't managed to get local money yet and can't tip just yet!

Room Tip: Not too near the lifts which can be noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear LoveToShopLondon,

I see from your review that you stay here with us regularly, I would like to ask you if you could email me on the below address.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Overall a positive rating but mainly because for breakfast , tea and pre-dinner drinks we were isolated from many of the guests staying at this large hotel in Kowloon with access to the Intercontinental Club. The lobby is large , noisy and generally full of locals and Chinese which means there is no quiet area by the main entrance.
The rooms are smallish but contain everything one needs and the wifi is also included if you have access to the Club. The showers are powerful with a bench seat and there are always plenty of towels. The hotel has a couple of decent restaurants ( Cantonese and Italian ) - we ate in the Cantonese Restaurant which was quite OK but nothing special. Our room had a nice view over the water and was not at all noisy but the key to a successful stay at this hotel is access to the Club where the staff are efficient , helpful and where the food and drinks served are good.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the water on the 8th floor or above with access to the Intercontinental Club...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael J

Dear Michael J,

Thank you for choosing InterContinental Grand Stanford as your hotel of choice while in Hong Kong for a few days we are thankful also for your feedback on tripadvisor.com, we thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience with us and the rest of the online community.

Your highlight on our Breakfast , Afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks in our Club InterContinental lounge is appreciated, we are sorry that you found Hoi King Heen to be ok and were not overly impressed.

We also thank you for your highlight on our staff in the Club InterContinental lounge, here at the hotel we hope you will return as look forward to welcoming you back. If I can assist with any arrangements in the future please feel free to email me at any time.