Where to begin, from the moment we arrived and walked into the foyer we felt we were at home; it was that welcoming and comfortable.
We booked a Harbour View Twin Room, we were offered an upgrade to a Suite (at a cost, which was reasonable) but we did not take the offer - and quite honestly we are greatful for it as the room we had was perfect. We were expecting the side Harbour View Room but were pleasantly surprsed to get the front on Harbour View Room - just check your booking to ensure it is front on.
We stay at the Intercontinental in WA a lot, so we were already expecting service and amenities of a high level but compared to this hotel the one in Perth is a 1 Star.
I find it hard to find anything negative to say or even advise to better the service, positive are:
Doorman was very nice and helpful with our luggage and there was always someone at the door when we were going out and coming back.
Check-In was efficient and painless, the woman was friendly and helpful.
Everyone was english speaking, also with comprehension was what was being discussed, I found that was the same in Beijing.
Breakfast was - WOW - catered for every ethnic requirement, which we even tried.
Buffet Dinner was also great - loved the scissors for the crab.
Service in the Restaurants was impeccable.
The Room - devine, nothing else is necessary to say about the room - except as a fussy sleeper the bed was perfect.
When we turned the TV on it has a Welcome addressed to us - just a little touch that made it special.
Room Service was great - had Fish & Chips (I know it was boring, but first meal played it safe) - loved the "I" stamped into the butter - another small touch.
HouseKeeping women were even nice.
Could go on more about the hotel but I think my opinion is clear, if going to Hong Kong stay at the Grande Stanford Intercontinental and not the one at the Boardwalk as it is over priced and quite honestly the Grande is in a great location, you can either:
Walk down to the Boardwalk to the Ferry or just an evening walk to the light show, you can even stay in your room and watch the light show.
Walk down to the Harbour side; there is a Cafe strip - best food I have ever had and the best service ever, and I mean ever.
Walk down Mody Street to Nathan Road (15mins only), the Hotel does have Shuttle to Nathan Road but we enjoyed the walk and the countless shops on the way.
The shopping accross the road from the Hotel is never ending, alleys and shopping centres the many.
My opinion is clear - Go to Hong Kong and stay at the Grande Stanford.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the bustling shopping, business and entertainment district of Tsimshatsui East, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, being a member of Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), is an acclaimed five-star hotel that offers sophistication and heritage. Set against the stunning backdrop of Victoria Harbour, half of the hotel's 570 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites boost sweeping views of picturesque Hong Kong skyline and breathtaking Victoria Harbour.Located in the proximity of the world-famous Star Ferry and within easy reach of all major transportation systems such as the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) and Guangzhou-Kowloon Through Train Station, the hotel offers easy accessibility within the city and entry into China. With complimentary shuttle bus service provided by the hotel, Hong Kong's largest shopping mall Harbour City is just within doorstep. InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong provides the finest selection of world-class dining outlets from famed Cantonese cuisine at Hoi King Heen crafted by award-winning native Chef Leung, passionately Italian cuisine at Mistral with finest Italian produce, to contemporary international buffet at Café on M and Tiffany's New York Bar, knowing as Capital of Whisky with the largest whisky capacity in town. The sheer flexibility of the hotel, with its ample choice of venues complement the state-of-the-art meeting facilities in a comfortable and stylish setting, caters for functions of diverse size. For three consecutive years between 2014 and 2016, the hotel was recognized as "Hong Kong's Leading Business Hotel" by the prestigious World Travel Awards and the hotel collects the ultimate accolade for its renowned service as 'World's Leading Luxury Business Hotel' and 'Asia's Leading Business Hotel' in 2016. Its refined services and facilities makes the hotel the ideal choice for the savvy business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Grand Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong