The location of this hotel is great. It is quieter than the Nathan Road / Canton Road area, and its great to come back to a bit of peace after a day out at the shops. They have a free shuttle regularly going to the main shopping road, however plenty of shops and eating houses directly in this area aswell and we only caught the shuttle once to the ferry terminal as the rest of the time we just wandered along the promemnade into town - not far at all on a nice day.
We had a harbour view room and it was fabulous. So much going on, on the harbour that you could sit for hours and watch the boats go by and the view at night with the Christmas lights was nice, although best display is right outside the hotel in TST square. They LOVE Christmas! We also looked down on a 'mini' container wharf, which wasn't that attractive but interesting all the same when the barges came in for processing. The room was very nice and I have to say out of the 3 hotels we stayed at this trip the staff here were the best. They are friendly and very helpful and always greeted you in the corridor no matter who it happened to be. We also arrived extremely early 8.30am and they managed to get a room ready for us by 9am, well before offical check in time which was fantastic as we had just come off a 11 hour flight. We also had the breakfast included in our room rate and WOW - there is something for everyone at the buffet. Plenty of fruit, cereal, pastries, hot, cold food - what ever you want. Well worth it when heading out for a day of shopping. We also dined in the hotel chinese restaurant and found it to be very resonably priced and delicous. The hotel has a nice welcoming feel to it and I would return again for sure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of the bustling shopping, business and entertainment district of Tsimshatsui East, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, being a member of Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG), is an acclaimed five-star hotel that offers sophistication and heritage. Set against the stunning backdrop of Victoria Harbour, half of the hotel's 570 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites boost sweeping views of picturesque Hong Kong skyline and breathtaking Victoria Harbour.Located in the proximity of the world-famous Star Ferry and within easy reach of all major transportation systems such as the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) and Guangzhou-Kowloon Through Train Station, the hotel offers easy accessibility within the city and entry into China. With complimentary shuttle bus service provided by the hotel, Hong Kong's largest shopping mall Harbour City is just within doorstep. InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong provides the finest selection of world-class dining outlets from famed Cantonese cuisine at Hoi King Heen crafted by award-winning native Chef Leung, passionately Italian cuisine at Mistral with finest Italian produce, to contemporary international buffet at Café on M and Tiffany's New York Bar, knowing as Capital of Whisky with the largest whisky capacity in town. The sheer flexibility of the hotel, with its ample choice of venues complement the state-of-the-art meeting facilities in a comfortable and stylish setting, caters for functions of diverse size. For three consecutive years between 2014 and 2016, the hotel was recognized as "Hong Kong's Leading Business Hotel" by the prestigious World Travel Awards and the hotel collects the ultimate accolade for its renowned service as 'World's Leading Luxury Business Hotel' and 'Asia's Leading Business Hotel' in 2016. Its refined services and facilities makes the hotel the ideal choice for the savvy business and leisure travelers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Grand Stanford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Hotel Hong Kong
- Intercontinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong