“Convenient, clean, comfortable. Not top choice for the price though.”
Review of Kimberley Hotel

Kimberley Hotel
Ranked #219 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Stayed in this property for two nights. This is NOT a luxe type of hotel at all. Plastic flowers all over the place. Overall it's really clean, dry and smelled "fresh" despite the old interiors. Located across 2 7-11's and a Sasa nearby is a plus.

Reception and Customer Service

Had to demand for my complimentary bottles of water with reception. "It's just water" I said sounding exasperatd and front desk realized that making me wait 10 mins for water is riduculous. So they gave in and sent it right away.

During check-out, they only had this one lady handling all 7 guests. At 10am they should send out more people upfront.

Room and Amenities

The other bed was clearly soiled when I left the room as we spilled wine on it. Even without placing the "please change my sheets" card, I think it's obvious that it needed changing. Well, it wasn't changed changed.

Minimal soap, shampoo, lotion provision even if it's a twin room and they know 2 people are staying. Hair dryer is a plus. Clean bathroom upon check-in. The following day after my return I saw several strands of hair in my tub and my sink. This was supposed to have been cleaned already.

Carpet is a little old. Room is quite cramped and as I've said basic. They had 1 closet for your bags with about 8 hangers. Small work table with flat screen, 2 chairs and a round table. Not spacious so if you just need a clean, decent space and not really doing big-time shopping, this should be okay. Saving grace is its location.

Buffet Breakfast

Quite satisfactory with the food stations but then I travelled with a group so they must have had a special deal.Otherwise its about HK$150 / person. You do have other options outside but if you want a nice, relaxing breakfast to start your day this should be okay. I'm not over the moon with their paper placemats and plastic flowers.

Overall, it's a bit overpriced considering its basic, sparse amenities and cramped space. You can have other choices. Plus on this place is really the location and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always better. Choose size over "view" if you are out the whole day anyw...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

lGOOD LOCATION,
It's my 2nd stay and I would be happy to use it again
The location of the hotel is good, surrounded by all the sho
The location of the hotel is good, surrounded by all the sho Good stay
Good location
Good place
Good hotel
Good room
Good s ta

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Tinakbula
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed for 4 nights during a business trip. Check in was a little slow. Rooms could do with a little facelift.

Location of the hotel is near the MTR and there were lots of places to eat near the hotel not to mention convenience stores.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank ImranJ
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The position of this hotel was ideal for accessing shops & public transport. Rooms were good mid- range price. Only fault was in failure to replenish soap, coffee etc but I was able to get from cleaners trolley.
Buffet breakfast had extensive options. Bell service boys very helpful but need some seating in that area.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank phyllis k
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The only thing I like about this Hotel is the location. Ideally located in Tsim Sha Sui (which is a happening place) & very well connected to all parts of Hong Kong.

This was my first visit to HK & I found the room really tiny, but probably as per HK standards, this is good enough. For me the Hotel was a bit too expensive too. Except for the basic necessities, there's nothing special. No free WiFi, no Lobby where one can hang around. I had to hunt for a charging point in the room to charge my mobile. Charging 2 gadgets at a time is far-fetched. In these times, when all travellers carry at least 1 mobile, I Laptop / I Pad, there should be at least 2-3 charging points.

Thousands of shops on the street just as you come out of the Hotel & a 7-11bang opp the Hotel. Even the shopping areas are close by.

I would suggest, look out for cheaper options . .

Room Tip: All rooms are almost the same. Rooms need some doing up now.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Vikas_Rathi
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Our stay in June 2013 was good. However, there is plenty of room for improvement. The desk is quite undermanned when there are lots of guests. We were lucky at check-in, but once I had to wait half an hour just to ask a question. And although the staff is very friendly I really don't know why everything takes them so long to do. There is a lot of space in the lobby but not enough sitting areas for those who wait. Also on the lower ground where taxis arrive is not a single seat.
The room was adequate, small but that was what we expected. The interior looked a little worn but clean. Everything costs, internet as well as water.
The location is good, just got our water from one of the countless little shops nearby and there ware many different restaurants in the area. The pier is within walking distance.
We spent four nights at the Kimberley and we weren't often in the hotel, so it was all well as it was. For a longer stay I think I would doublecheck options.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Spent two nights at the Kimberley Hotel, mid July. A stopover on the way to Taiwan from South Africa. Inexpensive and easy to find making use of the high speed train from the airport and the bus shuttle service which stops right outside the hotel, across the road. I arrived at the hotel around 9am; because I requested a room with an electronic safe, they were not able to give me an early check-in. By mid-day my room was ready, earlier than the standard check-in time! The room was clean, modern and really spacious according to Hong Kong standards. My one concern was that the electronic safe was not attached to the wall and was not too heavy to pick up, however I felt no security concern at the hotel or at all in Hong Kong. The location is great, very central in Kowloon, about 10 to 15 minute walk to The Avenue of Stars, where The Symphony of Lights can be viewed every night and only about two minutes walk from Nathan Road. The staff were helpful, friendly and able to help me in English during check-in and check-out, storing my suitcase while waiting for my room, settling my bill, information on the wireless and for general information on the area and transport. As I booked last minute, only two nights before my arrival, the price worked out a bit expensive, however if booked early there are great prices and early-bird specials. A good value for money hotel in a central location, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: My room was on the 19th floor, so very little noise from outside or the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo