“Great location, rooftop pool & spa, friendly staff - excellent breakfast”
Review of Cordis, Hong Kong

Cordis, Hong Kong
Ranked #14 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Santarcangelo di Romagna, Italy
“Great location, rooftop pool & spa, friendly staff - excellent breakfast”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Langham Place used to be great value for money but it's recently become quite pricey. The location is great - near shopping centres, food courts, cinemas, Metro, Ladies Market etc. Rooms are chic, clean & beds are very comfortable. Excellent breakfast. Great for early/late departures as you can use the rooftop spa & showers to freshen up. Staff are friendly, courteous & helpful. Elegant hotel without being pretentious.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but if travelling with a business collegue or family, upgrade to a larger room.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Dianna L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangalore
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Please be careful when checking into the hotel. We were swiped for an added 2500 $ for the 5 nights we stayed at Langham (we have one more night to go). No mention of the deposit on their website nor on checking into the hotel. They also say it will take 3 weeks to reverse. If this is the amount one has to pay then this hotel is really not worth it.

I am upset and sending this right from the hotel's business center.

Most unfortunate that my cell phone gave a lot of trouble and I just saw the message from the bank regarding this amount.

For those who stayed here earlier did they take a deposit? I haven't been charged in SFO or Vegas or Quebec or even Bangkok, Singapore or Malaysia so what's the deal with Langham HK??

So folks look at other hotels around!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AlleyMuck
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Nice and clean hotel with special theme of art. Small and cozy. Equipped with Iphone in the room for free usage and surfing and calls and internet wifi is free for my room (Essential Plus). Room is not very big which is a standard for Hong Kong hotels. Room temperature can be easily controlled using touchscreen. Great toilet with separate bathtub and shower room. Shopping center is just beside the hotel. Location is great in Mongkok with train station at door step. A lot of outdoor shopping with mid-range to low range items and small eateries. Iphone with maps comes in handy to shop around the shops and streets. Nice night view from the hotel (10th Floor).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Think most hotels in hong king are overpriced. Liked the hotel as it is near the train station which makes it accessible, however, waited for 30 mins before getting the room even though it is after check-in time. But u will overlook it as the staff are pleasant patient and courteous, room is clean and bed is spacious.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Pandacheryl
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

Don't get me wrong..... The room was nice (albeit very small) and the bathroom spacious but I'm not sure why all the hype about this place. It was almost too large and I found it a tad confusing to identify which elevator went where, the hotel entrance vs. mall entrance, etc. After a busy day in bustling Hong Kong, I would have preferred a quieter more calming place.

I also found concierge to be indifferent when I asked for guidance, directions and just general support.

Stayed April 2012
3 Thank globegal
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I just finished staying here. The rooms are nice, clean and efficient. I thought the rooms were a bit expensive for what I got though.
My issue were the food options. The continental food was pretty horrid and the buffet at breakfast was ok but too messy. There just were not enough options.

Lastly, the concierge desk was hit or miss. Some of the people were very helpful and some were terrible.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cassil74
LPHKG, General Manager at Cordis, Hong Kong, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Hi Cassil,

Sorry to read about your disappointment in the breakfast experience at The Place, that's honestly the first time I've read not enough continentinal options, so will look at what we've had on during this month to see if we need to top this up for our international guests. Appreciate the feedback.

DREAM BIG!

Shaun
Melbourne
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I recently stayed in Langham Place Mongkok with my family. We occupied their biggest room called 'The Lodge' for one whole week. It had 2 bedrooms, a study, Lounge room, kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a small laudary.
The experience was most memorable as I have never stayed on a suite before let alone an expensive place like Hong Kong.
Firstly, let me get the unpleasant things out of the way.
We were made to wait for our room. I thought the check in time would be 2pm, but we did not get our room until almost 5pm. During the time we had lunch in their magnificent restaurant Ming Court. The reasons given were the check out time for the suite is 2pm and it is a large room to clean. After wondering around for 4 hours it was pretty tiring especially since we hardly slept on the plane over from Australia. We were partially compensated by offering free drinks at the hotel bar.
Secondly, even though we paid top dollar for the room (and I was constantly reassured that it is their biggest and most expensive room) WiFi access was not complimentary even though it was accessible and billed accessible anywhere in the hotel. I thought that was a bit stingy given every other hotel I'd stayed in over the last 2 years had it through in.
Thirdly, the pillows were all limp and way too soft for my family's taste. There was an extensive pillow manual but none of the pillows on offer supplied the hardness or adequate ability to form fit with suitable support.
The rest of the stay was just magical. Despite being in the heart of Mongkok it is the quietest hotel I have stayed in in HK. It is within easy walk from the mega shopping attractions and it rests on top of the MTR stop providing easy access everywhere in HK.
The staff were every attentive. Every request was met with professionalism and curtesy.
The roof top pool was great for swims after a hard day sightseeing and shopping. The gym was well equipped and all equipment were easy to use and fabulously clean.
I would stay at this hotel again next time I visit HK but please make internet access complimentary. It gave an otherwise worthy experience a cheap feel especially when compared to competitions.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank funholiday70
Hi funholiday70,

It was brilliant to read that overall you and the family had a fun time with us. We just wish we had more of your booking details so we could look into how we might have given you the impression that internet access wasn’t included since it always comes inclusive with the rate for The Lodge. Rest assured that if we find that you were previously charged for internet, you will receive a refund. Additionally, your comment on our pillows has also been well noted and we will ensure extra firm ones are set aside for you all the next times you stay. We look forward to that and also hearing from you soon (my email address is shaun.campbell@langhamhotels.com).

Regards,