We arrived at Langham Place just before 9am on 4th June, exhausted after an overnight flight from Paris. The reception girls at Club Loung gave us a warm welcome and offered glasses of FRESH orange juice. To our surprise, the room was ready for us to rest. At 3pm, I went to the Club L again and requested change to a larger room. Teaki, a reception girl, helped us carry our substantial luggage and move to suite room 3836. As soon as she opened the door, we were so pleased to see a marble kitchen equipped with Miele electrical applicance, a big lounge and a spacious bedroom, marble batheroom and even wardrobes with marble floors. Both lounge and bedroom have floor to ceiling glass windows facing the beautiful bay. The suite is beautifully and stylished furnished. It was worthy every extra penny to upgrade.
The housekeepers made the suite spotless and the bed crisp with fresh linens every day. Some viewers mentioned about a hard bed, I would say a firm bed, but with 6 different pillows it provides a nice sleep. The turn down service was fantastic and each night a different small gift was left on the bed site table: jelly beans, stress release star, a bag of dry lavender flower.
The staff in Langham Place were so nice and all greeted us with smiles, especially the staff at Club L, very friendly and helpful. My husband needed a dentist urgently upon arrival. Vincent, a manager tried to contact the dentist several times till an appointment was made for the same day. Vincent not only printed out the map of the location, but also came down to show us the easiest way to go there. I had a fall at Holliday Inn and the staff there provided first aid on my wounded knee. When I came back, the Club L staff noticed and they were genuinely concerned. Soon after I came to my room, the front desk manager Dennis Law phoned in, enquiring about my injury and offered to help. I was really touched.
The Club Lounge provides superb breakfast. Every morning 4 kinds fresh pressed juice, nice fresh fruit salad, top quality smoked salmon, cheese and a lot of other varity of food. Our first breakfast started at 10:28, 2 minutes before closing and we surpried to see plenty of food on display: full jugs of fresh juice, full tray of fruit salad and other items. The following morning, I noticed the kitchen staff kept checking and putting out more fresh food all the time. Fresh orange juice was provided all day long. In the afternoon, you could have high tea there. For those who are chocolate lovers will be happy to see nice chocolates available from afternoon to night. In the evening, the Club L has very tasty canapes.
Ming Court is the best pace for Yum Cha. Each small dish is artistic and so delicious you could not find elsewhere. Prices were reasonable for that quality.
Some people comment a good hotel as "Home away from home". Hangham Place is better than home! Superb food, excellent service, friendly and caring staff, luxurious room, good location (HK$40 - 50 to Tin Sha Tsiu by taxi). Will definetly stay there next time visiting Hong Kong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Travelbag, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong