“Our favourite place in Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cordis, Hong Kong

Cordis, Hong Kong
Ranked #15 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Olney, United Kingdom
“Our favourite place in Hong Kong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

This was our second visit to the Langham Place we came back because of the location, service, club lounge and spa. We have also stayed on Hong Kong Island but we prefer to be in the hustle and bustle of Mongkok and this hotel is right on top of the MTR and adjacent to a large shopping mall with fast food outlets and also other dining options on the top floor.

We had a studio club room with windows all along one side which gave us a great view of the city and harbour. We could even see the evening light show from our room. We have also stayed in a standard club room which also offers a great view but the space is smaller and the view more limited (although still fantastic).

The Club facilities are very good and worth the extra cost plus the view from the club lounge is fantastic it’s a great place for afternoon tea or drinks before dinner.

Room Tip: Book as far in advance as possible we were able to get a good rate for a club studio room by doing t...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Midnightblue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Some points on this hotel:
1. The bed is still the same and uncomfortable
2. I ordered room service. After 45 minutes, they sent the wrong item. Then they said they will go send me the right item. I was very annoyed as it was quite late and I wanted to go to bed already. And they still wanted to charge me despite me having to wait at least 1.5hrs all in. What was most ridiculous as we were part of a huge business event in the hotel, and they still wanted to charge me after making a mistake. I told them to not bother to send. I went to sleep but they then came and woke me up with the right item ,after over 2 hours since my last order. I am lost for words.

Others still the same as my previous review

Thanks

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

The hotel was fine, not exceptional. I did like having a mini kitchenette to make tea or a snack. there was a microwave and fridge and if i remember correctly a 2 burner stove ( don't quote me on that) what i did not like, at breakfast, you eat on couches at a cocktail table.My biggest pet peeve was breakfast, I would like to eat at a real table sitting on a real chair.The breakfast buffet was ok. a little overpriced in comparison to other hotels around. the rooms were very clean and quiet. soap and shampoo smelled really good!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank thsNewYork
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

The Langham should be a brilliant hotel with its central location, delicious Chinese restaurant and lots of little touches like the iPhone in the room for guests' use, however I had an unfortunate experience of poor customer service which marred the whole stay.

Upon check in, I was asked by reception to prepay for my breakfast. I was not advised that this payment was non refundable. I didn't end up eating breakfast on the second day, however I did eat the buffet lunch. Upon check out, I asked if I could please transfer the breakfast charges to lunch and was refused with no apparent explanation. Very sad because it felt very much like money grabbing and spoilt what was an otherwise really great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Cebu City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Easy access to MTR, shops, restaurant and great ambience. Their buffet spread is huge and the selection stunning. Highly recommended place. We will be back for sure. The quality of service par excellence. The rooms are super clean and the amenities and details are by far the best in the above average hotel category.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fremont, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Staying at the Langham Place Mongkok, you can easily walk to a 5 star Chinese restaurant, be only 20 mins from the art museum or walk across street to a local style eatery. There is something for everyone even if you don't leave the hotel/shopping mall complex.

I have stayed at this hotel several times on business and on holidays. As a business traveler, I am not thrilled with the wifi in some rooms. I had to spend much quality time with tech support because either the in home router was not set up properly or wifi is too weak. I had to stay in the lobby to do emails over the weekend while waiting for level 2 support to wk the connectivity issues in my room on Monday.

The 1865 club relation managers are excellent. They are well trained and eager to delight the guests. I wish I could say the same for the night duty front desk mgr who lectured me on the hotel policy on maximizing room rev over honoring prior room upgrade agreement. His attitude and body language was annoying, especially from my perspective as a guest after a 16hr flight. Regardless, the 1865 guest officer found acceptable solution the next day.

Breakfast buffet is good value and the Chuan spa is what keeps bringing me back. The art work is also fantastic.

• Stayed January 2014
Hull
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

The location of the langham is fab being in the shopping center made finding it as 1st time hong kong subway users perfect, wasn't expecting to drag our cases up several escelators until we found the hotel & i am sure there will be an easier way but we asked about lifts before we left the hotel & the (bubble) for the hotel ends at street level & we just found ourselves going in a big circle then back the way we came!
the checking in was straight forward enough,my only gripe & it's only small & might seem mean is that the girl on the desk wanted to know all our plans for our stay for each of the four days we was there, we didn't have plans as we like to see where our feet take us, said we didn't really know so she started to list all hong kongs attractions,shops & places to eat most of which we knew from research & after travelling for 18odd hours gave her a solid 5mins but she just kept going so we had to ask if it would be ok to go rest & discus it later.
we requested smoking room as we thought being in such a big hotel it would be a pain to travel all the way out for a smoke,but the room windows do not open, the room smelt very strongly of smoke & the air con just circulated it. this was a mistake on my part as we don't smoke inside normally we found ourselves waiting until we left the hotel to smoke anyway. the room was clean the bed was lovely, the pillows where amazing, the tea & coffee was limited, the 1st couple of day's i requested more coffee & one small single packet arrived so we went to the supermarket & bought a jar! I really enjoyed my stay & like i said for a 1st stay in hong kong it's in such a good place for everything, this being said it was the most expensive place i have ever stayed & room was only used for somewhere to sleep as we was out all day every day, don't know if i would pay it again now i know my way around a bit.

Room Tip: only ask for smoking room if your a heavy smoker used to smelling strongly of smoke.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple