We chose Langham Place as they had "Family Rooms' which cater to young families, hard to find in Hong Kong! We took the limo transfer which due to some of family and luggage was a nice MPV which worked well. Definitely great to step off long flight and have someone meet you straight through departures and into a waiting car pretty much immediately.
Check in was easy and we were rushed through as the team could see we had tired children on our hands! We were due a "kids pack" at check in for selecting a Family Room but this was nothing to write home about, a small toy. Was an opportunity to wow I guess. We upgraded to Club L which was definitely worth the money for us. Access to lounge which had great food, wine/other drinks, kids room opposite main lounge (which was a blessing when we checked out a bit early and had to wait for the transfer back to the airport). Had M & M's, gummy bears, crisps/chips and fruit and big tv for putting on cartoons for the little ones as well which was great! Also meant free buffet breakfast in either the lounge or the main restaurant which was also really good. Handy to do check out here as well when we left.
Room was good size, in fact 2 adjoining rooms - 1 with king size bed and other with 2 singles for the kids. Up on 36th floor so great view and nice and quiet. This is the same floor as the Club L lounge. The kids room also had a toilet and basin room which was useful. Both good size rooms for HK and enough for the kids to run around a bit without feeling too claustrophobic. Bathroom in main room nice (liked the blind that could be raised so you could have a bath looking at the lights of HK - amazing!) and both had lovely views of HK and Victoria Harbour. Beds all comfortable. Only complaint was rooms were a little bit worn, but nothing that caused issues. Just little things like =wardrobe door not on rollers properly and one curtain not on rails properly. Didn't impact on comfort of stay though, just a bit tired.
Service everywhere throughout hotel good, especially in the lounge and also the restaurants. Pool is ok, not huge but big enough and hot pool beside it is lovely to relax in. More of an adults pool than for kids so we went everyday but not for a long time (didn't want to disrupt those doing lengths with active children!). Also had a spa treatment which was nice, not the best I've ever had, but lovely atmosphere and setting and not too badly priced compared to other hotel resorts.
Location great, right beside markets and great shopping. Lots to looks at and be invalid with especially for the kids. More interesting than being on HK island in my opinion!
In summary, would stay here again and really liked the size and configuration of the rooms with little children. Definitely upgrade to Club L as worth the $. The hotel though is not really aimed at families with small children, more form the other guests than the hotel staff themselves. We often got "looked at" for having little boys who certainly weren't quiet children, although not really bad either on that note! Will be better when they are a couple of years older and able to be a bit less active!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, Agoda, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong