Chose this hotel a) because I am aware of the Langham hotel in London and b) due to all the positive reviews on Trip Advisor.
I dont think there is much I can add to what has been written already staff great, location fantastic (stay here and see real Hong Kong - its a leisurely 30 minutes down to the tip of Kowloon and you get to see loads on the way) and Club L very good.
The only downside was the pool was closed for 3 of the 4 days we were there (only opening on the day we departed) and we deliberatly chose a hotel with a pool and no concession was given except that they would pay for a taxi to their sister hotel 10/15 minutes away-bit inconvenient.
One word of warning though - I booked our rooms via the hotels website and it was offering a special deal where the room was discounted but it stipulated that the costs of the rooms would be charged immediately to my credit card and the booking was not changeable or refundable. No problem for us so booked some 3 months ahead of arrival.
During this time no charge appeared on my credit card statement and I assumed that I would be charged on check out however during this time the exchange rates had fluctuated massively meaning that in real terms I would be paying more for my room than if they had charged me at the time of booking.
I raised this with the hotel Duty Manager on the day of departure and she agreed with me that their web did state that I would be charged when booking and that she would look into it. She then went away, worked out the differences in exchange rates between the time of booking and then adjusted my bill accoringly with little fuss and lots of apologies.
I do not think this is deliberate as by not charging at the time the are losing out on interest (little at the moment I know) and guaranteed revenue should you cancel.
Great hotel, great city, I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cordis, Hong Kong is an upscale 5-star hotel located in the vibrant Mongkok district of Kowloon. This 660 room modern hotel is directly linked to the Langham Place shopping mall and Mongkok MTR station. All rooms and suites are equipped with high speed wifi, a free-to-use smartphone, LED TVs. Our wellness facilities include a fully equipped fitness center, two fitness studios and outdoor heated pool, along with the Chuan Spa, which features over 60 unique treatments. Dining options include the two Michelin starred contemporary Cantonese restaurant, Ming Court, the trendy European restaurant and bar, Alibi – Wine Dine Be Social, and The Garage Bar, the new outdoor food truck destination bar, as well as The Place, the hotel’s all day dining restaurant. The hotel also features some of Hong Kong’s best meeting and event facilities including Kowloon’s highest ballroom, The Star Room, and the 600 seater Ballroom, which includes a 7m x 4m built in LED wall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotelopia, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cordis, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Langham Place Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Langham Place
- Langham Place Hotel Hong Kong
- Cordis, Hong Kong