“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #14 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
London
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 10 January 2007

I dont normally post reviews but we stayed in this hotel over Xmas until just before new year and I thought this is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Service was unbeatable, my executive room was first rate and the pool, sauna and other such-like facilities were excellent. I find it hard to find any fault in this hotel, even its excellent location in Mongkok.

• Liked — service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — strange policy of presenting a bill for an inclusive breakfast on checkout day - but it does not get added to the bill
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
15 Thank skymoose

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,209)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 9 January 2007

Stayed here for three nights as the first leg of a trip which then went on to Thailand.
The hotel itself is impressive. Good rooms, lovely spa, great bar serving very good food and wine and some of that dodgy entertainment in hotels that you only get in HK and Dubai and such like.
The issue with this hotel is the location which is in Mongkok, not HK island itself. Mongkok is a very busy residential area with lots of markets.

If you are willing to take taxis and get the underground as we were, it is good as a value for money option. The hotel is in a shopping mall so if you're feeling tired and it's too hot to go outside, that is an option.
The tube station is in the shopping mall so it's not far to get to the harbour area or onto HK island itself.

If I were to return to HK, I wouldn't automatically book into this hotel which is maybe proof of the pudding that it wasn't 'all that'.

Stayed January 2007
16 Thank BJMCNAUGHT
england
Reviewed 8 January 2007

Its worth going to stay at the Langham Place just for the desserts! The chocolate fountains and individual portions of gorgeous puddings are 'to die for'!
The health spa and pool area on the top of the hotel are perfect and a lovely relaxing experience even if you are on your own.
The views over the city are spectacular, especially during a thunderstorm! Staff in the hotel are extremely helpful and the rooms, although small are very comfortable - thankfully the beds are huge.
Joined to the hotel by a walkway is a brand new and very beautiful shopping mal and the shoe shops are every girls dream! The Christmas decorations were wonderful, My favourite was the white sparkling princess castle.
A wonderful experience.

• Stayed November 2006
9 Thank shoegirl23
Bradford West Gwillimbury, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2007

This is my third stay at this hotel this year. I used to stay at the JW Marriott every time I'm in Hong Kong. The Marriot is not bad but a bit more pricey. The Langham Place is relatively inexpensive and it offers spotlessly clean rooms and awesome service. I am going to continue to stay there while I'm in Hong Kong.

I have a Hong Kong Identity card so I qualify for their Hong Kong resident's discount which makes the deal even sweeter. I don't live in Hong Kong any more but I am finding this hotel my new home in Hong Kong.

• Stayed November 2006
9 Thank jarusoba
OC California
Reviewed 28 December 2006

A true modern gem in Hong Kong at a great price - everyone at the hotel from the front desk staff to the maids went out of their way to make us feel welcome and comfortable. Hotel is connected to a great shopping mall with restaurants (Starbucks, Deli France etc) and right on top of the Mong Kok MTR station.

Our room (on 30th floor) had a great view, plasma TV, and the bathroom was amazing. Don't miss the roof top pool, the view at night is incredible.

Other tips - pick up a local SIM card for your cell phone from 7/11 etc and make calls to the US for ~3 cents a minute - card costs about $10 US

• Liked — The view
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
8 Thank NotInTheOC
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 27 December 2006

My sister and I traveled to Hong Kong for a cultural experience we will never forget. After reading the ranking on TripAdvisor I decided to book our 9 night stay at the Langham Place Hotel. It was fantastic! There were a few things that were particularly nice: (1) the hotel bar/lounge scene which had great food and drinks which we enjoyed immensely before heading out on the town on our 1st night and many more to follow (2) the cleanliness (3) the location - Mongkok gives one more of a 'local' feel of Hong Kong (4) while on the small side, the beds and pillows were great as was the rain shower, especially after the long flight (5) the fitness facility, we saved our HK$ and skipped the spa but loved the free sauna & gym (6) the hotel staff - unfortunately I came down with bronchitis (too many nights at the bar I suppose) and the front desk arranged for a doctor to come to my room the following morning. For only HK$1500 I received excellent medical care which included all of the prescription drugs. Honestly the only thing I would like to change would be the slow lifts/elevators. Buy an octopus card and travel on the MTR like a pro. It's incredibly easy to get all around HK and much faster than taking a taxi.

• Liked — Cleanliness, quality, price, views, rooftop pool, food.
  • Disliked — Slow lifts/elevators, some guests abused the 30 minute internet policy.
  • Tips/Secrets — Stop in the Chopstick Gallery and other shops on Lantau Island (great inexpensive gifts). For jewellery visit Sunny (forgot the name of the shop) in the Miramar Hotel on Nathan Lane. He gives great prices and discounts if you buy multiple pieces.
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
11 Thank A2DL
Sydney
Reviewed 17 December 2006

I read so much about this hotel before taking the plunge and booking it. Well the first bad experience was to catch the underground to Mong-Kok (hotel location) with a cranky wife, 2 hungry 3 year old boys & about 60kg of luggage. The underground is about a 6 escalator trips + short walks to the hotel lobby and it does not stick out in your face even when your at the lobby level because you are actually in a shopping mall.

Reception were very receptive and offered me a couple of clean nicely rolled face washers to wipe my face down. I was given a room on the 29th floor & unfortunately it was really musky smelling like the carpet had been wet for a while and not dried properly. I thought it would eventually go but it didn't so I called them to which they were happy to move me to another room.

That was the last of the negative things about the hotel & location. For the next 5 days we had the time of our lives with the great room, fine view, 42" plasma, DVD, unreal bathroom, comfortable bed, etc..and my personal favourite - The Location. The hotel sits above a shopping mall/eatery as well having markets & shops galore in the surrounding area. We were going out shopping at 10pm for a couple of hours then having a bite to eat before going to bed at around 1-2am (we had a friend babysitting).

For good coffee try the place next to the long escalator in the Langham mall. The eatery in the mall also offers good value food as well. We are planning to be back again in 2007 and hopefully we will can appreaciate just as much next time.

Stayed November 2006