Lowest prices for your stay
Trip.com
Hotels.comUS$68
Booking.comUS$70
eDreamsUS$70
2,046 results
All reviews hung hom station free shuttle train station shopping mall nathan road tsim sha tsui mainland china hong kong island harbour hpm internet gym supermarket taxis
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 November 2012

located just besides the main train station which is easy for travellers to travel to china. also near to one of the hongkong railways to the city. some of the rooms can see the beautiful harbour of hongkong. free shuttle bus to and from tsimshatsui area which is very good. housekeeping is good. a nice swimming pool but i didn't use it. however, the room is really small with quite old design. the television is still the very old fashion one (not LCD). there's a lot of people come for dinner, meeting, parties....etc which makes the lobby really crowded. maybe too good business which means check-in and out needs more time to queue for. it's not a very bad hotel but it's not a very good one either.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nudefashion
Reviewed 16 November 2012

The view of the harbour of HongKong is the USP. The hospitality is great and the food was awesome. The hotel is very close to Tsim Tsai Tsu the populary shopping destination and the the renowned night market. It's also a value for money!!!!!!!

Room tip: Rooms facing the Harbour and the suites are the best!!!!!
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank RAM K
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I travel to Hong Kong often and have stayed in awesome hotels in the same area. I picked Harbour Plaza at the last minute because I needed to catch the train at Hung Hom station to Guangzhou.
I arrived at midnight and there were four people at the check in desk and I was the only customer.
It took forever for them to find my reservation with my confirmation number. I finally got to my room, which was extremely small and none of the outlets worked with my international plug. So, I decided to buy their outlet and it didn't work either!! I went to the front desk and they charged me $30 for it anyway.
I thought the staff was rude and you could get much better rooms at a better hotel for the money. It's worth it to pay more to not stay here.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Codson
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We used to love to book a serviced-suite overlooking the Victoria Harbor each time we came to teach at various universities in Hong Kong. The location is such that we had almost an uninterrupted view of the harbor which was lovely especially during fireworks times during holidays.
 The hotel is part of a compound that includes a shopping mall, long-term lease residences, the Hung Hom railway station and a bus terminal. Inside the railway station there are several fast food restaurants, convenience stores, ATMs, money changers, several candy and gift shops even clothing purveyors. In the mall there are at least two dozen restaurants in addition to the food court, several pharmacies, many retail stores, several pharmacies and a small but well stocked grocery store. Incredibly convenient!
 But after our fourth stay here we are getting pretty much over the hotel, the love is gone. Here's why: The serviced suites have old chairs that have been "rejuvenated" by slipcovers and the wood end tables and TV stand have scratches and dings all around. The furniture is just old and very uncomfortable. As we were leaving Hong Kong last time I wrote a letter to Miss Virginia Wu, General Manager of the hospitality group that owns the hotel. I explained the situation in detail and suggested that new furniture would be a good cost in the long run. She sent me a "thank you but..." blow off letter. This time around we were promised to have a suite with new furniture. Ha ha!! After we signed the lease contract it became obvious. They meant to say "renewed" which meant the same old slipcovers.. Joke is on us.
In fairness, they replaced the old clunky CRT TV sets with flat screen sets in the living area and the bedroom. But the channel selection is still very weak with no HBO, BBC Prime etc. AND the sleeper couch and the armchair are still very uncomfortable. The slipcovers are also showing their age. The hotel does not provide an ironing board or an iron (have to pay extra for that) or bottles of water that some reviewers received. Forget about a DVD player or a coffee table. While this nickel and dime pricing policy is annoying and does not belong in a hotel that claims to have 4 stars we could live with it. Last week, however, we were informed that our license fee (the rent) for November (we are required to pay in advance) was overdue even though it was not even the end of the month when people get paid. In fact, our WIFI was cut off until my wife paid a portion of the rent on her credit card. One evening the duty manager called to ask when we would pay the rent. Told him that I would pay the rest of the bill this morning after I could go to the bank and withdraw funds. AND the next morning there was a note under the door from the guest services manager asking us to call him. To add insult to injury he misspelled my last name! I DID pay the whole rent the same morning. As if we were going to abduct the room. Yes, this is wordy but we are disappointed and sad to discover that even after four extended stays here over the years we are still perceived as dollar signs who cannot be trusted for a few days.
Bottom line: If we come back to Hong Kong we will not stay here for sure. There are many more hotels providing new and comfortable furniture and many more amenities for free in their serviced suites for less. The view may not be as good but you cannot sit on the view.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank tatliturk
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hotel is located near a train staion and is located in the same building like a mall. But for find other restaurants you have to walk 5-10 min. It's also not directly in the center but within walking distance. They also have a free shuttle each 30 min to Tst.
The Hotel itself is very nice and new. The rooms looks great and also the pool which have a nice view. The prize was also really good.
Only negative point was the expensive wifi.
But overall a very nice hotel for a good prize.

Date of stay: September 2012