“Glad to be there”

Harbour Plaza Metropolis
Ranked #117 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 2 December 2010

Since Ive been to Hong Kong before, I kind of had an idea about the location the Harbour Plaza was in. After arriving at the Airport, I took the Airport Express for $11.00 US to Kowloon Station and from there a taxi for about $ 6.00 US to the hotel. So convenient and hassle free. The hotel lobby is overwhelming because of the many people meeting as a center point, lounge and restaurant right there, and the check in/out concierge desk in the middle smashed together. The receptionist upgraded me to a balcony room with a private hot tub. I was ecstatic ( but never used it ). There were 6 elevators so I never had to wait at any time to get to my floor. The hallways are pretty dark but it gives a nice Asian flair as you walk through. A lot of reviews suggests that the room is small, Ive seen smaller so it was actually just right. What would made the room perfect was having an iron and iron board. I searched all over but couldnt find it. If the tv was a flat screen tv, it would be icing on the cake. It was a standard tv but it served its purpose as a lot of tv channels could be viewed.
The mall next door has everything you need for a short stay. The grocery store and 7-11 is on the bottom and there is a Food Court . I saw a lot of Japanese, Thai, chinese, and ramen/noodles stalls to choose from. No one has forks, everyone has chopsticks so for all of us not use to it, bring your own in case.
When you walk out the back lobby, to the right is Hong Hom Staion, and to the left is the Sports Arena. When you walk pass the Sports Arena, take the stairway and walk to your left and it will take you to the waters edge where you can stroll down to Shim tsa sui. It was an easy 10-12 minute walk. Took me directly to the main spots. I felt safe at all times. There are also other pedestrians walking back and forth from the other hotels in the vicinity.
Overall, if the price is good, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank kianaplace
Write a ReviewReviews (1,754)

Reviewed 30 November 2010

As a single traveler I normally ignore the con when people say the room is small (as that usually means it is tight for 2 people). In this instance I should have listened. There is nowhere to place my luggage. It is on the floor at the end of my bed and I did trip over it numerous times. Another downside for me is that there is nothing around the hotel. You need a taxi, a shuttle bus or the subway to get anywhere! I think it may actually be impossible to walk anywhere. I like walking out the front door - this is not an option from this location. Also, the lobby is overwhelming with massive amounts of people. If you don't like crowds, then don't stay here. The good thing is the hotel's pool is lovely. As I was heading back to NY after a long trip, I thought some relaxation in the sun is necessary before the cold weather. The view from my room can’t be beat, it is super clean and the bed is cozy. If it was colder outside I would have definitely stayed somewhere more central (as a pool wouldn’t have been necessary). Last - wifi costs about $15 USD/day - ouch!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I stayed there for 6 nights for a vacation trip. Booked through an online travel agent for a very good price.
The location is a bit of the city center to the East - right next to Hung Hom railway station.
The hotel offers a free shuttle bus every 20 minutes to Nathan road, which we used very frequently.
The room was nice, but small. The size of the room was okay for HK, but storing the luggage for 2 persons wasn't easy. The bathroom was of decent size. Both the room and the bathroom were perfectly clean.
The hotel pool has 25m laps, but the water was cold even though it is called a heated outside pool.
Would stay here again the next time I come to HK if the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2010

We stayed in this hotel in 2007 just for 3 days, this time we stayed for 2 weeks and we were not disappointed. Staff are excellent, cannot do enough for you, especially houskeeping, breakfast is excellent and well worth a try. It is so esy to get around as it is very close to train station as well as bus station.
Rooms are a little bit small but very clean and they have a bath rather then just a shower., all in all we will go again to Hong Kong and will stay here again , we booked with virgin and although the plane was horrible as the seats are so narrow and if you happen to be in the centre rows you hardly have any leg room, they did not let us down with the hotel.also if you pay for your breakfast at the hotel you get 2for1 but you need to tell them when you come to pay at the desk as they did not seem to know about it and we had to show them the broucher, still they were very pleased to sort it out .

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Located in a very convenient location – close to Hung Hom train station – and attached to a mall and walkway to the nearby university, this hotel is clean and spacious by Hong Kong standards. The lobby is always busy, with a restaurant and coffee shop area. Breakfast food was full of options for vegetarians like us. The only drawback was the rooms were very very small, no place to keep luggage, no place to walk in the room one of the smallest room, i have ever stayed in a luxary hotel. no free drinking water on second day of stay only two bottles on first day , they were charging for the plug convertor as well whcih is required for charging phones & laptops etc. Good thing free shuttle to Kowloon market. The swimming pool was on terrace with good skyline view.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This is first time I was travelling with my family outside of India and was very concerned about the hotels etc. I booked my journey via travel agents that's why was more worried.

As soon as I reached hotel and got the first glimpse of the hotel, I was bit relaxed. Staff was not very helping, but location, rooms, made for it. Hotel is located in a shopping mall which has good shopping and eating joints.

Rooms were clean and comfortable though a bit small but it was value for money.

I may revisit this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonuchick
Reviewed 19 November 2010

The hotel is fabulous.The breakfast was tasty & had some india variety also.
Rooms were small but neat & clean. The toliets & bathrooms were spotless.
The only problem is the hotel is a bit away from city center , though close to a mtr station & have free shuttles to market.but still it is best if you hv a hotel in near the market place.

Overall Amazing.