“I'd Stay Again.”

Ranked #71 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Invercargill, New Zealand
“I'd Stay Again.”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

This Novotel was different to my experiences through Europe. I took the upgrade, although I couldn't get the room upgrade due to requiring a twin bedded room, the option to change rooms later in my stay was offered however I really didn't fancy repacking and moving all my luggage again. The staff said we would receive the upgrade room perks in the twin bed room we had which sounded great but no special little treats or perks showed up during our stay. I took this option after working out the cost for us to have wifi on two devices, breakfasts, and a couple of drinks in the bar each night.
We breakfasted down in the main restaurant and I was very impressed with the options given, and the staff friendliness. Our room was fine, I had read a complaint about being able to see the people in the building over the street, ummm yes high rises in most cities have that issue and I really can't see why people complain about it the management can't exactly move the building to give more space! The concierge on the ground floor were polite and helped with any questions, bags etc. The bar staff were more intent to stand around and gossip - I'm sure it was something very exciting or scandalous but service first then go back to the in-depth conversations. The staff on the premium floor weren't overly friendly or maybe it was lack of confidence in speaking english but it felt flat? It was an easy stroll to the shopping, public transport and night markets. It was great to finally get a face cloth in my room after 2 months of traveling in Europe and never seeing one!
The most disappointing thing was the constant bombardment of emails to get me to fill in a survey. I still had over a week of traveling before I got home to my computer but I kept getting reminders to full in the survey. One email after departure and then another a week or 2 later would have been less irritating.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (535)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Stayed there several times. Loved the location and the generous sized room.

Nice gym, good and friendly staff. Had not tried any restaurants there are there are just too many good, cheap and tasty restaurants nearby.

Only down side is that there is no complimentary wifi nor in room Internet. There are however a few pcs at the lobby but there were perpetually occupied when I was there.

Will still return to stay there in future.

• Stayed July 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Overall the hotel was clean and the location was quite convenient. . The only thing what would make the stay more comfortable is to change all pillow, it is too flat with one and too high for two. The staff was quite friendly and tended to our needs quite promptly.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Very quiet hotel, excellent breakfast buffet to start the day, close to metro, all round excellence, many computers in foyer with internet for teenagers. Very polite staff.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank prueh943
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Novotel on our way back from Europe for a two night stopover. With two kids and two adults the accommodation with connecting rooms was great.

Beds were fantastic, room quiet, location great and service excellent.

We arrived at 8:30am and they got our rooms ready, although check in was not required until 2. We thank them for this after a long haul flight.

Late check out helped as well.

Will return and stay here longer next time, we loved the location and look forward to the exciting area of Kowloon when not so tired. We did manage to fit in Disneyland that was a great day for the kids.

• Stayed July 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Just came back from my trip and here's my opinion.
I reached the hotel at noon and we were able to check in early. Though the room is slightly small, it is neat and clean with King Size bed. The staffs were friendly too! The hotel is about five minutes’ walk away from Jordan station. But I would prefer place that offers a walking distance to Mongkok. There are nice eating places around the hotel – Australia dairy farm and man ji noodles store.
Service was good too. There was once we borrowed two umbrellas (with 30 dollars as deposit) and one umbrella when we returned. We were prepared to pay the umbrella (we did not check in the first place) but the staff returned our deposit with no questions asked.
We did not have meals in the hotel as we went to authentic breakfast eateries.
The checkout was fast and smooth. In all, Novotel Nathan Road Kowloon is a comfortable and affordable to stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sihuii
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Hotel location just two block from jordan mrt.Room is clean and nice. No view from the window. Staff is very helpfull. There is travel agent that sell dysney tickets with the nice sovenir. Wifi also available.
In front htl can try wonton noddle. But for shopping near the hotel, price is too expensive compared to quality.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family