This Novotel was different to my experiences through Europe. I took the upgrade, although I couldn't get the room upgrade due to requiring a twin bedded room, the option to change rooms later in my stay was offered however I really didn't fancy repacking and moving all my luggage again. The staff said we would receive the upgrade room perks in the twin bed room we had which sounded great but no special little treats or perks showed up during our stay. I took this option after working out the cost for us to have wifi on two devices, breakfasts, and a couple of drinks in the bar each night.
We breakfasted down in the main restaurant and I was very impressed with the options given, and the staff friendliness. Our room was fine, I had read a complaint about being able to see the people in the building over the street, ummm yes high rises in most cities have that issue and I really can't see why people complain about it the management can't exactly move the building to give more space! The concierge on the ground floor were polite and helped with any questions, bags etc. The bar staff were more intent to stand around and gossip - I'm sure it was something very exciting or scandalous but service first then go back to the in-depth conversations. The staff on the premium floor weren't overly friendly or maybe it was lack of confidence in speaking english but it felt flat? It was an easy stroll to the shopping, public transport and night markets. It was great to finally get a face cloth in my room after 2 months of traveling in Europe and never seeing one!
The most disappointing thing was the constant bombardment of emails to get me to fill in a survey. I still had over a week of traveling before I got home to my computer but I kept getting reminders to full in the survey. One email after departure and then another a week or 2 later would have been less irritating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon is conveniently located on bustling Nathan Road, in the heart of Kowloon, the famous shopping and commercial district. The Hotel is proximity to the city's most convenient MTR system and a short distance from Temple Street Night Market, Ladies Market, and Jade Market, makes exploring the city's sights enjoyable and convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Nathan Road Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Novotel Hotel Hong Kong
- Majestic Hotel Hong Kong
- Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon
- Hong Kong Novotel