Overall experience very good. We stayed in a superior room (1010) on a non-smoking floor for 6 nights. We arrived at the hotel at 8am, unfortunately our room wasn't going to be ready till 12noon. We could have upgraded (at extra cost) or taken a smoking room but decided just to look around Kowloon til 12noon.The room was very clean & comfortable, smallish but adequate for us. Wifi wasn't included in our room rate but you could use the internet in the reception area for 20 minutes at one time, before you incurred a fee. The only compliant about the hotel was that there wasn't enough information in the room about the hotel & the staff didn't give us any information when we checked in. eg about wifi, breakfast etc. We didn't use the restaurant but it looked popular as was very busy. There is a tour desk available in the lobby & day spa offering facials, massage etc.
Across the road from the hotel in Saigon Street is "Hong Kong Fashion". My husband had 2 suits with extra trousers & shirts made within the 6 days we were in Hong Kong. Would recommend this tailor very happy with fabric & workmanship. Total cost was HK$5,600.
Had a 1 hour foot, upper back & neck massage, by one of the many massage parlours, around Nathan Road very cheap at HK$120pp. Great experience & pretty good massage, definitely needed the foot massage with all the walking we had done. Local markets are Temple street & Ladies market. A lot of the same items, some good & some junk. Our experience with restaurants wasn't that great. The couple we ate at, the staff had little English & you weren't made to feel welcome.
Transport in & around Hong Kong is exceptional. We purchased an Octopus card at the airport. You pay HK$50 deposit (this is refunded when you return the card, with HK$9 service fee deducted) you then load on how much you think you may use while you are in Hong Kong. We put on HK$100 to start with, you can then top up at the MTR's & other places. The card can then be used for buses, cable car, MTR & some shops. We also used it to catch the tram up to the Peak. When you return your card if there is a credit balance this is refunded.
The closest MTR station to the Novotel is "Jordan Station" you exit at B1.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon is conveniently located on bustling Nathan Road, in the heart of Kowloon, the famous shopping and commercial district. The Hotel is proximity to the city's most convenient MTR system and a short distance from Temple Street Night Market, Ladies Market, and Jade Market, makes exploring the city's sights enjoyable and convenient. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Nathan Road Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Novotel Hotel Hong Kong
- Majestic Hotel Hong Kong
- Novotel Hong Kong Nathan Road Kowloon
- Hong Kong Novotel