We loved this hotel. We got a free upgrade to a harbour view room and this really made a difference as we were not overlooked at all, we had sweeping views over the park towards the harbour, and we could watch the nightly laser show directly out of our window. As a contrast the non-harbour view rooms were very close to the adjacent tower block. As others have mentioned, the rooms are small, but are very comfortable. Ask for a high floor to be further away from road noise if this bothers you.
The location is great, I agree with some other posters in that it isn’t right in Causeway Bay, but I considered this an advantage as it felt like a less touristy area. If you didn’t fancy walking for 10 minutes to get there, there were many buses and trams running very close to the hotel right into Causeway Bay, as well as the hotel shuttle bus. We bought an Octopus card which made getting around much easier.
There are 2 mini-markets within steps of the hotel entrance and many bars and restaurants in easy walking distance
The rooftop pool was lovely although slightly short of sunbeds. The gym area also had the same sweeping views.
There’s a lovely bar which serves great cocktails in the evening and we also had great entertainment from the Chinese Karaoke crooners. Never again will I be able to listen to “Bridge over Troubled Water” without dissolving into laughter!
Overall an excellent hotel, fantastic value and a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong, a business and leisure hotel with unrivalled harbour view, full range of facilities & services and convenient location, just 2 minutes walk to Tin Hau station and 10 minutes to Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre by Hotel Free Shuttle, welcoming you to experience a contemporary retreat featuring comfort guestrooms and relaxing ambience. Innovative dining concept and well-equipped facilities are complemented by great service and stunning views of Hong Kong's harbour. All round facilities include Free Wi-Fi & Broadband Internet Access, Rooftop Outdoor Swimming Pool (close in Jan & Feb), Health Club, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Business Centre, Restaurant & Pub and more... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropark Hotel Hong Kong
- Metropark Hong Kong
- Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong