“Sheer class”

Ranked #43 of 716 Hotels in Hong Kong
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Sheer class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

Our first stop on our honeymoon tour of the far east was Hong Kong and we LOVED IT!

This hotel is amazing. It's a great location just opposite Kowloon Park and a 5 minute walk to the star ferry. The rooms were pure contemporary luxury - large bath and wet room shower, mood lighting, a large plasma TV with wireless internet, IPod dock which also plays music in the bathroom.

On arrival we has a complimentary bottle of champagne, strawberries with chocolate and icing sugar, a limo pick up from the airport and the staff had scattered rose petals on the bed to celebrate our honeymoon.

The restaurants and bars in this hotel were excellent and the service is out of this world. The spa and gym facilities were also brilliant.

When we go back to Hong Kong which we definitely will we will only stay at the Mira. We felt like movie stars everywhere we went!

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly for the best rates
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laurenh-p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Warwick, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2011

Had a fabulous stay for the Asia's Fashion Jewellery & Accessories Fair September at Hong Kong Convention Center. Facility is amazing and trendy (the way we like it), restaurants were top notch (breakfast buffet set the day off right everyday), pool/spa other-worldly escape from the hustle and bustle and the hotel location is just perfect to get to everything. Beyond that, the staff was helpful, friendly and went above and beyond for any request. While at the tradeshow I forgot a fairly large sum of HK dollars in my room. Not only was exactly what I left still there, the maid arranged all the money from largest to smallest bills in a great fanned out, fancy display surrounded by all the business cards I had collected placed in order by name. Needless to say... not typical. Slept in late one day after some late late late meetings and the maid staff as so helpful to accommodate me being in the room till late. One in particular was so helpful I wish I could have taken her home and hired her to manage my home full-time :-)! I have more frequent flyer miles than I know what to do with and I can say that this is a 5 star establishment in any part of the world. We will be joining the corporate program here! Note: I stayed in a Spa Room and my colleague stayed in a City View Room. Both were beautiful but be warned of lack of closet space to put items away. The Spa Room with steam room and huge soaking tub with light bubbles and chromatherapy lighting was amazing. Good size closet and plenty of storage in this room. (Pics to follow if I can add them after this review is posted once I download them from my camers). Hope this review helps people as there are so many nice hotels to chose from in HK its often though and you are underwhelmed with your choice. NOT HERE! :-)

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank RBCepoxy
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

i checked into the mira after one sleepless night in a cheap guesthouse. Expectations were high and yes, they were all exceeded. Service was good, room was spectacular, location excellent... I'll be back....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2011

Overall, great hotel! I've stayed there three times while on business and I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed January 2011
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Pros- We can push the twin beds together and had comfortable sleep with our boys 7 and 8. Separate shower stall and bathtub. New hotel. High tech TV. Great location, opp MTR, near to eateries and shops. Underutilised pool in basement. Con- Dark lighting in lobby. Only one chair in the room, confusing controls for lighting, especially for elderly guests (we travelled with 2 pairs of grandparents). But overall, good experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

We kicked our trip around China with a quick stay at the Mira Hong Kong. It's a stunning, modern hotel in an excellent location on Nathan Road in Kowloon. The staff where the best we encountered anywhere in China, and the facilities where spot on. Free Wi-Fi in the rooms, excellent room service, free use of the gym and pool, and to top it all off, a complimentary room upgrade and champagne and strawberries to mark our honeymoon! Superb!

Room Tip: If you are on honeymoon, make sure they know!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2011

We - me and my business partner and also good friend - stayed in The Mira for 3 nights dring a business trip in Hongkong. We shared a 80qm suite which was really worth every cent. A huge living room with a big flatscreen TV and a very good Bose soun system. Also te large Bedroom had the same big Flat Screen TV. The two single bed were very comfortable and we could choose between different types of pillows. The bathroom even had a steaming room! I would suggets to book the room with breakfast as it is incredable! There is something for every taste and there is always a water around even when the breakfast room ist full.
I would also suggest to go to the resturants - especially the Whisk as the cook is a genius!
If you want to have adrink and smoke you should visit the Vibes at the 5th floor terrace - it is nearly impssibly to smoke anywhere in Hongkong, but there yu can!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business