“To small room for 3 persons”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #49 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

They put us in a room there is absoluly not for a family of 3 person, when we asked for a bigger room nothing happend. The extra bed was a mobile bed. Not ok for hotel of this standard :-(

The brunch her is perfect.

1  Thank Anders R
There are newer reviews for The Mira Hong Kong

Reviewed 24 August 2012

I have been coming to HK for 7 years and always stayed on the island. This time I had work over the harbour and decided to try this hotel based on a firend's recommendation. It is excellent.

Best bits:

- Bed is comfiest I've had. And I stay in hotels for about a third of the year
- Shower is the best I've had - rainforest, side sprays and conventional
- Tech in the room is great. iPod dock, iMedia which allows you to watch tv, surf the net or even order room service
- Mira spa has good range of treatments, is really relaxing and has a great pool
- Location - right by all the best bits of Nathan road. Walkable to Jordan night market or the harbour
- Staff - friendly, knowledgeable and well trained

Things that could be improved:

- More up market amenities in room - maybe branded shampoos, etc
- Price of food

I stayed on the club floor which is well worth it. They offer a buy two nights get one night free promotion, and seeing as I was there for 6 nights, I paid for only 4. The evening cocktails were great - good champagne, different canapes every day, great service from staff. The concierge even let me borrow his cuff links as I'd forgotten mine.

Recommend staying here and will do myself again.

Room Tip: I booked a city room, but this overlooked the courtyard bar and was very pleasant.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank InternationalPlant
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed at The Mira's Club City Room from Aug 16 - 20. Everything was fantastic! As you enter the hotel, you can immediately smell the relaxing aroma in the hotel lobby. Lights are dimmed to calm you down from the city's hectic pace. Tranquility prevails. Check-in for Club guests is on the 15th floor. No queue at all. We were offered drinks before the staff proceeded to check us in. Staff were not only fluent in English but also had the perfect diction so uncommon in HK.

The room was big by HK standards. Bathroom had a tub, while the shower was magnificent. Choice of the typical shower handle, or the overhead rainshower, or the soothing side nozzles to massage you as you shower. Bathroom was encased in ultra-clean glass allowing you to watch tv as you soak in the tub. If you need privacy, a push of a button brings down the motorized blinds. There's piped-in music or tv audio, a phone extension, lots of good quality consumables like shower gel, bubble bath soap, shampoo, and conditioner. One thing lacking is a bidet beside the water closet.

Bed was very very comfortable. There are more pillows than you'd need. If you need a bolster (body) pillow, you can ask for one. But I dont know why it was so heavy. Heaviest pillow i ever used.

Room was impeccably clean. You cannot find fault even if you try to. The wall-mounted LCD tv (40" I assume) had a lot of channels to choose from. Wanted to watch local news but all were in the vernacular. There was a Bose speaker pod for iphones. I think the hotel should have provided a 3.5" plug cable so that guests without i-phones can use it as well. The tv also acted as the computer monitor. Here is what disappointed me a bit. Prior to my stay, I saw many pictures of a white Sony computer module on top of the table just beside the Bose speaker dock. In my room, what I had was only the cordless keyboard with a very dull touchpad. I assume the computer itself was locked away in one of the drawers. I left my laptop at home and brought only my USB flashdrive. But where do I plug my USB? So instead of working in the comfort of my room, I had to use the computers at the business center. Btw, they charge HK$3 per page printed. Complimentary wifi inside the room was super fast. I did a speedtest. it was at 5Mbps.

I didnt use the Nokia cellphone provided so I can't really comment on it. Drinks in the ref are free to consume. There are free fruits everyday. Bath robes and towels and even the slippers were top-notch. The safe had a power outlet so you can charge your laptop inside the safe. Electrical outlets abound. There are plenty on the table, bedside, and near the sink. There's also a glass weighing scale under the sink.

The staff were all courteous, helpful, efficient and warm. Breakfast buffet (for Club guests only) was very good. Swimming pool was amazingly beautiful. Sadly we didnt have time to take a swim. Housekeeping would leave a few pieces of dark chocolate on the bed each day!

This hotel is so different from other hotels in HK because The Mira pampers you in every way it can. The staff provides you things you never thought you'd need or want. Highly recommended. I would definitely stay here again...and again.

Room Tip: Check out the 2+1 promo. Pay for 2 nights, and the 3rd night is free. Book the Club Rooms if possibl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The Mira is cool, vibrant, stylish and modern. The rooms are spacious and high tech (well, the down part is that I could not find how to turn on the tab!), the spa is superb and the restaurants have Michelin quality.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CHRISTINA_AK
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Amazing good hotel middle of Kowloon. My HK business partner booked for me this amazing hotel and we spent one fanstastic night here. Very spacious rooms (for HK incredible big), location can not be better, middle of Nathan Road, Carnarvon Road, and dowstairs a shopping mall. Executive lounge high recommended, during happy hour all kind of alcoolic drinks and fingerfoods. Breakfast excellent. Very very nice and polite staff.

Minus: No Panorama and no beer in the lounge (except happy hour)

Congratulation Mira, we will come back for sure

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank paulwien1
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Mira's right in the heart of shopping action--streets upon streets of retail therapy. Excellent location near a train station and lots of eateries to choose from too, around the area.

Booking on their website is a bit unsatisfactory--you don't have a choice between twin or king beds upon booking and it required at least FIVE emails (which were promptly answered, to be fair) before you finally get what you so easily could be guaranteed in other hotels. Big minus if you're not traveling as a couple and prefer separate beds.

That said, the service, check in and staff were all around friendly and warm--much better than what you might expect in Hong Kong where the hustle and bustle can be nerve wracking if you're not up for it. Staff were cordial and approachable--be it in public areas, corridors or the more quiet gym and pool areas.

The pool and gym were in excellent shape--great machines, awesome pool with nice depths (if a tad too chlorinated) and helpful staff.

About the rooms--well, they're fairly streamlined and tasteful, with all the due elements one has come to expect from a chain. Good, serviceable rooms, but nothing extraordinary and perhaps just a tad charmless and mundane. At least the public areas like the lobby, pool, gym, courtyard and even hallways had quite a bit of design going on.

So good service almost all over, a tad more care into the rooms might move it to excellence.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JVATravels92
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I stayed with the Mira in November 2011 and throught that the location was absolutely perfect for a first time visitor!
I know that the them of the hotel is to be very modern and alternative , with all the latest technologies but I found that whilst it was interesting to look and it lacked the 'homy' and friendly feel that really makes a hotel.
It would be perfect for business trips but I wouldn't recommend this hotel for families or couples on a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family