“Great location”

Ranked #44 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, Australia
“Great location”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Very conveniently located with shopping, restaurants and MTR station right at the door step. Rooms were nice and clean. Friendly service staff. Didn't have the chance to dine at the restaurants but they look very good (Michelin rated!)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank JamesYChan
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear JamesYChan
Thanks very much for your fantastic review! Glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and please come enjoy our culinary delights esp. at our Michelin recommended restaurants - Cuisine Cuisine and WHISK should your travel brings you back to Hong Kong next time. I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Gerhard Aicher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at The Mira a number of times, and now recently for easter, binging the entire family. This hotel has an extraordinary atmosphere! Architecture is candy for the eyes, service is very good and the restaurants deliver high quality cuisine. Breakfast is one of the better in Hong Kong, and the omelette chef really knows his trade. Location is very good, and if you are so lucky to have a Parkview room you will enjoy the greens of Kowloon park as a picture in a window frame. In the afternoon the outdoor Vibes is a great oasis for refreshments in the fift floor. Very short pace to Tsim Sha Tsui MTR that will carry you effortlesly around the city. The staff at The Mira are well educated and trained and always at service. A loud hooray to this hotel and its staff!

Room Tip: Choos a Parkview room
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Rolf M
Hi Rolf M
Welcome back and thanks so much for your excellent review! I am thrilled to hear you and your family enjoyed everything at our hotel. Thanks for choosing us again and I hope to welcome you back in the near future!
Best wishes
Sydney
Reviewed 23 April 2014

i Stayed in a city view room. View was great if you like looking at brick walls. I thought the room quality was not 5 star the linen and pillows was more like a cheap 3 star hotel and i felt UN-comfortable sleeping. The t.v remote would not work unless you were standing right in front of the t.v. The free mobile phone was very useful but the battery would only last about two hours after complaining to reception it was replaced but the same problem two hours of battery as well. The restaurant was excellent highly recommend it for dinners. Location is good if you want to be treated as a tourist the Indian tailors hassle you the moment you step out the hotel doors as an Australian walking down Nathan rd you are a real target and really ruined our stay in hong kong if i was to go back to hong kong i found causeway bay a better place to be, better shopping not hassled by Indian tailors as much.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Wizzard27
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Wizzard27
Thank you for your review. I am sorry to read of your disappointing experience at our hotel and apologize for not meeting your expectations in certain areas. I very much appreciate your valuable input and we shall make improvements where needed accordingly. On the other hand, I am pleased that you like our restaurant and I wish to welcome you again in the future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I had read more reviews than I want to remember while looking for a hotel in Hong Kong. I eventually decided on The Mira based on the positive reviews and was not disappointed with my choice. The hotel was easy to find, in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui overlooking the busy Nathan Road.

The check-in staff were courteous and efficient, and I was in my room in no time at all. The Mira interior is modern with mirrored dark tones, much different to many hotels these days, a welcome change. The room I was allocated was clean, spacious and loved the red theme throughout. The rooms are quite technological driven, with everything being electrically operated down to the blinds in the bathroom.

Bathroom was large with a deep bath and shower including rain-shower head. I had the pleasure of staying in a Parkview room, overlooking Kowloon Park and Nathan Road. Could not hear a single noise from the road below, and slept like a dream.

Each room is supplied with a handy smartphone with free international & local calls and unlimited 3G data connectivity, which was greatly appreciated during my exploration of Hong Kong. The phone enabled me to take photos and upload onto social media, and keep in touch with family back at home. All photos taken were securely wiped prior to checkout.

The hotel is larger than perceived from the exterior, with many dining venues to sample within the building. Vibes was a great location to enjoy a cocktail or two to wind down the day.

Loved my stay at The Mira, and will definitely return on my next visit to Hong Kong.

Room Tip: Parkview Room offers a quiet view overlooking Nathan Road and Kowloon Park. Plenty of sunlight throu...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Morgan S
Dear Morgan S
Thanks very much for your great review and for sharing with us your fantastic experience in detail. I am particularly pleased to know you found the Team "courteous and efficient" as we take pride in delivering superior service that we are known for. Please feel free to reach out to me if I may assist your future visits and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is the 4th time I go to Mira for 1 week business trip. Big Spa Suite with Jacuzzi & steam shower. Very big swimming pool and beautiful spa at -1 level. Breakfast buffet is huge,beautiful, with a lot of different foods to choose. Helpful service is top. Location is top in the center of Kowloon, Tsim Sha Tsui. Close to the MTR and shuttle boats. Very good idea : the phone of the room is a Samsung smartphone with 3G data. You can take it with you outside the hotel. It has GPS navigation, selection of restaurant, bars, locations to visit, etc ... (internet access) . You can even share your data connection with your computer anywhere in HK for free ! Very Very Useful !
The only thing missing is a view on the bay. But the price is OK for that level of service.

Room Tip: I tried several type of rooms and choose for the suite (I am usually upgraded in "spa suite&quo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank William Q
Hi William Q
Thanks very much for your continued support and glad to know that your enjoyed everything at our hotel. Please stay connected with us and I look forward to seeing you next time!
Warm regards
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 22 April 2014

It was my first time at the Mira hotel, but was a great experience. The hotels' hosting and hospitality was amazing, and they had excellent staff.

They have a hidden place on the 5th floor called (Vibes) - its a hidden paradise - I Loved it!

Loved the location, Loved the hospitality; I could stay there again for sure..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AdelAlsagr
Dear AdelAlsagr
Thank you so much for your amazing review. Vibes - our open-air lounge bar is certainly the best place to go for an evening chill-out and I am glad that you love it. Thanks again for sharing with us and please feel free to let me know if I may assist any future visits.
Warm wishes
Zwalm, Belgium
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Perfect location and just in front of Kowloon Park.
We stayed a week at the Mira in a deluxe room (picture).
The spa of the hotel is fantastic.

Only a 5 min pleasant walk from Ave of Stars which gives spectacular views from HK Island skyline.

Room Tip: Choose the club formula on the 5th floor. For a small extra fee you will have personalised service...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear FilipBeelprez
Thank you for sharing with us your positive comments following your recent stay at The Mira Hong Kong. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us especially in our award-winning MiraSpa. I hope to see you again soon.
Best wishes