“Great vibe at the Mira”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #59 of 726 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved the Mira Hotel in Kowloon. Its modern feel and young atmosphere made my last 3 stays there very enjoyable. The rooms are very nice and brand new. Definitely have enjoyed the outdoor terrace and the other amenities. Loved the fact that they gave you a phone to use there. Most convenient as was the location on Nathan Rd.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the ball room. Parties can be loud there
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear RobertG99
Thanks very much for your excellent review. I am very grateful to hear your wonderful experience with us especially with our Handy phone. Please come visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you soon.
Gerhard Aicher

Write a ReviewReviews (3,117)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a great hotel. Wonderful ambiance, great service and attention to detail. Amazing. My first stay but my partners regular hotel in HK. The spa downstairs is a huge surprise and was used with great enjoyment. Also would have to be one of the best hotel buffet breakfast around. Mira we will be back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Warren T
Many thanks for sharing your amazing experience at The Mira Hong Kong! Your kind words regarding our hotel service and everything mean a lot to us as we continuously strive to provide an unrivalled service our guests. Please feel free to reach out to me if I may assist with your future visits and I hope to welcome you soon!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Husband booked us here for a birthday treat. The suite was fabulous, very modern with everything you could possibly need. The decor was sleek, as was the service. Not too intrusive, but there if we needed any help. We used the spa and the pool was beautiful, by far the best I've used. The lighting around the pool was clever, tiny spotlights over the pool area - which made it all the more chilled, in fact the whole spa area was spotless and just very relaxing. Would definitely recommend the massages - blissful.

We've had drinks at Vibes, the outdoor bar before, and its always been a little haven, in a busy city, and again it didn't disappoint. Love the Mira!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rooroo16
Thank you for your great review and a belated Happy Birthday to you! It is uplifting to hear what a Mira-velous experience you had at our hotel and enjoyed the service at MiraSpa and Vibes in particular. I hope to see you again in the near future.
Best wishes

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Rooms are well equipment and quite high tech. The corridors and lifts are dark and dingy ( too much mood lighting), the location bang in the center of the golden mile. The food street is just next door and plenty of shopping abounds around the hotel including some eccentrically interesting malls like K11, The One & isquare. The special treat is tucked away three 3 levels below ground - a top class spa, and a beautiful pool with underwater music.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear SaadSeeb
Thanks very much for your fabulous review. It is my pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your experience at our award-winning MiraSpa. Please feel free to let me know if I may assist with your travel arrangement next time and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Warm regards

Reviewed 7 May 2014

One of my friends recommended the Mira HK and told me to book at they were also their during the time of my visiting dates to HK.
I Did my reservation through booking.com and requested a check-in between 1-2pm as was going to arrive from China around that time and had meeting in HK (1:30pm),so wanted to shower and get fresh prior .Arrived around 1pm to a lovely lobby , bags were not taken from me by many of the bell boys around , but didnt think much of it , but this is expected in a 5 star. Got to front desk to check in and after finding my reservation was told that no rooms were available and I had to wait till 3pm , I explained that I had put a request in and I had been up since 5am to leave from China was actually suffering from a cold and needed to changed and shower . Receptionist was very rude and said " I just told you there are no rooms available if you want a shower go to the spa downstairs" , I told her this was not convenient for me as I had to unpack and put on my business suit , she then said she had a room on executive floor but i would be required to pay an additional HK$450 on top of the HK$ 2000 on my reservation , I said I was not happy with this and the way she was behaving and wished to speak to her manager , with a disgruntled face she picked up the phone spoke in Cantonese to somebody and then said "OK OK!" we can offer you a room twin bedded with another view ( my original was a king bed with a good view) ,(At this point the Manager did not come to the phone or come to speak to me as I had requested) , I said ok that will be fine , could you please give me the room key quickly as i was running late , I gave her my credit card to swipe for guarantee for extra charges and too my surprise she was working in " SLOW MOTION" , I was furious and I said could you please hurry as I was running extremely late for a very important meeting , she came straight back at me abruptly saying "CANT YOU SEE THIS IS A MACHINE IT TAKES TIME !" , I waited took the key and went to my room , very annoyed but was in a rush , again no assistance from a bell boy . Got to the room showered and out for my meeting ,room was clean but smaller than I expected but at this stage wasn't bothered . Came back from my meeting around 6pm and had a message on my TV to please call the Duty Manager regarding my check -in experience , I did call after a few hours sleep as was still quite jet lagged and tired . When I called the duty manager was another to whom left the message and I told him I had a message to call , he then said yes he understands that I had a bad check in experience and would like my version of events which I told him , he then said that he heard the same from his colleague whom was standing near the check in clerk whom attended to me . He just said he was extremely apologetic and will be giving a warning and further training to the staff in question and that was it ! I asked that I would like a check out at 2pm as requested on my booking and he said no problem . There was nothing else !!!!!

I could not believe it , that even after realising what his hotel had done to create a bad experience , he did nothing more to make me feel comfortable , in other hotels had this happened you may get a complimentary meal , upgrade , bottle of wine - but nothing , not that I needed or wanted anything but it was the principle .

Then to make things worse my colleague staying in the same hotel came to my room next day when i was checking out as we had just been shopping and said wow your room is tiny , I said how comes we both have the same category of room , they said there room was much nicer and bigger and further more they paid HK$1500 including breakfast and I paid $2000 excluding breakfast .

OVERALL NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE AT ALL , I HAVE STAYED IN MANY DESIGN HOTELS ACROSS THE WORLD BUT APART FROM THE FANCY FAÇADE THE SERVICE IS NOT THE STANDARD OF A DESIGN HOTEL RATHER A SMALL BUDGET HOTEL .

Really did not want to write this as I dont like being critical of other business , but as a regular traveller whom stays in hotels rooms more than 100 nights a year I felt this had to be shared .

Mira I suggest you look at reviewing customer services...

Room Tip: Rooms are not well sound proofed so if you are a light sleeper avoid central corridor rooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank Rajdlondon
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Rajdlondon
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is regrettable that your stay at The Mira Hong Kong did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology for all the shortfalls you have encountered and I believe my Team has been in touch with you personally to rectify the issues. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I may assist further and I hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Mira is a (large) design hotel in TST. It is very well located in Nathan Rd close to the metro and walking distance to the ferry terminal (long walk). The hotel is very nice - great restaurants and nice interior. Excellent indoor swimming pool. In addition to great restaurants inside the hotel (Michelin star) you are surrounded by shopping malls and 50m from Knutsford Terrace bars and restaurants. Staff are really nice and helpful. We were upgraded to a Mira 80 suite which was fantastic - the bathroom was massive (had its own sauna) and the bedroom was great. The living room whilst nice, felt a little unfinished compared to the bedroom and ensuite. The price was reasonable for HK. If you want to stay in TST then this is a great option.

The only criticism I had was that on one of the days we stayed there was a celebrity staying, and large crowds outside made it quite difficult to get in and out. Not a big issue in the scheme of things.

Room Tip: The standard rooms looked pretty small, so paying a little extra for a Mira 70 or 80 suite might be...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David O

Hi David O
Thanks so much for your review. I am very sorry for the inconvenience that has caused to you during your stay with us. Despite the large crowds due to the celebrity event, I trust that your stay at The Mira Hong Kong was still an enjoyable one. I hope to see you again for a far superior experience at our hotel.
Kind regards

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I am working in the airline and have stayed in many hotels worldwide, but when it comes to my Hong Kong holidays, The Mira is my ultimate choice. I have stayed here on 2 vacation and am very much looking forward to my Nov holidays in this hotel again. I love the location, it's within walking distance to malls & eateries, am always out shopping & coming back to rest my feet & 'dumping' my shopping bags. I love the size of the room & it's decor, though it's bit on the dark side nevertheless it's really cozy & comfy. The staff especially the housekeeping always greeted & acknowledge us when we bump into them.
The breakfast is also something we really look forward to, love the selection especially the Bircher muesli. Must say because of this, I often forgo the famous Hong Kong breakfast eateries outside. I hope one of these days I'll get the chance to experience the club facilities, but til 2014 nov, kudos to you, I'm coming back again!!

Chua Kew Heng
Singapore

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear CHUAKEWHENG
Thanks so much for your support and fantastic review! Pamper yourself with our Mira Club benefits next time and please feel free to let me know if I may assist with your November visit. See you soon!
Kind regards