“Perfect Choice!”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #48 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have just returned home from my second trip to Hong Kong and I must say this trip was even more magical than the first! I truly believe that hotel choice can make or break your trip. I stayed at the W Hong Kong a couple of years ago. It is a beautiful hotel, one of my favorites actually BUT the location of the Mira has it beat hands down. So - I will start my review with ….

LOCATION :
I felt like I was able to see so much more of the city while staying at The Mira. The moment you step out of the front entrance and onto the street - you are surrounded by many choices of restaurants, beautiful shops and more. We did A LOT of walking while in Hong Kong and everything was so easy to get to. Knutsford Terrace ( a row of trendy bars & restaurants ) is just a
quick step away. There are multiple malls surrounding the property. Kowloon Park, Silvercord
Shopping District, tons of trendy boutique shops, restaurants and so much more are all in easy walking distance. The TST station for the MTR is super close as well. Hong Kong is such an organized city. The MTR is very easy to navigate and takes you anywhere you need to go around HK and beyond.

Each morning, before we headed out to do our sightseeing, we would stop by the concierge desk. We would tell them our proposed itinerary for the day and they would break out a fresh map, marking all the sights we wished to see with clear directions on how to get there. ( Of course, we had the HANDY phone which the hotel supplies for free but we mainly used that to call back home to the United States and to check our emails. Thanks Mira! ) You could use the handy phone for GPS as well but we enjoyed getting info from the hotel staff.

BOOKING:
I had a hard time deciding which room to choose while booking. I called the hotel and spoke with a lady at the front desk who was VERY helpful in answering all my questions. She finally helped me decide on a Parkview Room which turned out to be perfect. I enjoyed waking up each morning and watching the locals doing tai chi in the park below. Communication with the hotel was great. They remembered me mentioning that our trip was for a special occasion and they left a little surprise in our room on the second night.

As other reviewers have mentioned, there is a one night charge required for security upon check in EVEN if you have fully pre-paid in advance. I already knew that from reading over TripAdvisor and so I thought it would be helpful to pass that info on. I know it depends on your bank but, there was no long term hold on my card. The money was released right away.

ACCOMMODATIONS:
The pictures on the hotel website and the pictures here on TA are true to life. The hotel is very modern and trendy. It feels cool, crisp and sophisticated. I loved the design. The rooms are very clean and bed is super comfortable! Perfect pillows in my opinion. Good hair dryer supplied so i didn't have to deal with converters and adapters from home. If I was staying long term, I probably would have splurged on a suite for extra breathing room but honestly this room was perfect for a four night stay. It was just right.

DINING:
Breakfast was amazing. It was set up buffet style but I hate to even call it" buffet" - it was more like a nice brunch! There was Asian dishes, Western style breakfast foods, Thai dishes, Indian Curries, delicious desserts and my favorite - fresh squeezed juices like carrot juice, guava juice and watermelon. Yum!

We had dinner one night at Yamm and it was excellent. ( Lamb chops ! ) We tried a couple of times to visit Vibes outside but both nights we went seemed pretty quiet so we ended up having snacks and cocktails at the nearby Knutsford Terrace instead.

SPA:
Ok - I saved the best for last. The spa area is an absolute must! Every morning, I went down to the spa to get myself refreshed for the day. I didn't book any treatments but I was still welcome to use all the facilities. The locker room has lockers for you to use. The pool and hot tub area is gorgeous. You can order smoothies or drinks while lounging around. Common area gym is small but good. Inside the women's side you will find treatment rooms, a private (heavenly) hot tub, steam room, sauna, rain fall showers, and a private lounging area that was so Zen - candles lit etc. What made the spa so special though, was the staff. The ladies that work in the women's locker room were some of the sweetest staff members we came across during our entire stay. They gave me a little tour, robe and slippers and just treated me like a princess. I will never forget the kindness of those ladies. I think it was their warm welcome that had me coming back each morning.

Oooh *One more tip! If you walk out of The Mira main entrance and make a right - you will immediately see a vendor selling bottled waters, newspapers, etc. Directly behind him is a sign for Moon Spring Foot Massage. The sign may look shady but don't be afraid. Absolute best foot massage of our entire trip. We returned every night after being out and about. If they are on Trip Advisor, I will post a review for them as well. Ask for Frank.

SUMMARY:
I am so happy we chose The Mira. After walking around the city I concluded that the location and vibe were second to none. I will strongly consider staying with them again on my next visit to Hong Kong.

Feel Free to Email Me Here on TA with Any Questions You May Have About Our Stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eat-Pray-Luv
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Eat-Pray-Luv
Thank you so much for your comprehensive review. I appreciate all your kind words and glad that you enjoyed everything at our hotel. Your review is most certainly helpful for future travelers who are not so familiar with Hong Kong and our service and facilities. Please stay in touch and I hope to welcome you again soon.

There are newer reviews for The Mira Hong Kong

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stay 5 nights in this hotel. Very well decoration with nicely detail. Rooms are very fabulously.
We buy the program that has automatic money credit to use within hotel, the hotel staff will always calculate daily credit that we use , not to much exceed than upper limit. (that's help us a lot.)
The breakfast line is average, you can walk around to many local food shop around the hotel, with great taste and much cheaper than hotel. So may be room without breakfast may be suitable.
Do not miss the Chinese restaurant in the hotel with consecutively 1 Michelin stars for 2-3 years. Of course, you can use hotel daily credit.555
Location of hotel is best of the best area, good for shopping , hangouts or transporting to another area.
One important thing is the hidden gems, the hotel pool and fitness area at underground floor , fully function sauna and steam room with Jacuzzi. And very well decorate indoor pool. You must try.
The last day , when we check out. The daily credit in 5 nights has 50 dollars exceed, and when I start to paid, the hotel front desk staff tell that they will set the credit to 0 dollars and no need to paid for anything. (But that 50 dollars , I still paid for extra tips. ). But feel very good, 1st time in my life that hotel cut the fee out. Very impress me.

MUST COME BACK AGAIN

Room Tip: Not differences
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Hi prkh1
Thanks so much for your positive feedback. I am incredibly happy that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed everything at our hotel. Please keep in touch and let me know whenever I can assist with your travel arrangement in Hong Kong.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

I just called now to reconfirm my booking because for some reason booking.com had the wrong number of guests listed and didn't show that I actually requested a king size room. The front desk lady picked up with an attitude that was definitely not acceptable. She was lazy to help at first until I've explained my situation again. Then she sounded annoyed and said that its only a request and she can't promise anything until the day I check in. I mean, if there's only 1 person staying at the hotel why would he or she need an extra bed? That's just so silly! Her attitude really makes me wanna cancel my reservation with your hotel and look for another hotel with a better customer service. Because I definitely didn't feel like I was talking to a somewhat decent hotel front desk. She sound like she works at a hostel!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kristen C

Dear Kristen C
I am very sorry for your disappointing experience and please accept my sincere apology for the level of service you have recently received. Please contact me at gmoffice@themirahotel.com as I would like to understand more from you and resolve the problem accordingly. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you again.
Kind regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Loved the Mira Hotel in Kowloon. Its modern feel and young atmosphere made my last 3 stays there very enjoyable. The rooms are very nice and brand new. Definitely have enjoyed the outdoor terrace and the other amenities. Loved the fact that they gave you a phone to use there. Most convenient as was the location on Nathan Rd.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the ball room. Parties can be loud there
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear RobertG99
Thanks very much for your excellent review. I am very grateful to hear your wonderful experience with us especially with our Handy phone. Please come visit us again and I look forward to welcoming you soon.
Best regards

Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a great hotel. Wonderful ambiance, great service and attention to detail. Amazing. My first stay but my partners regular hotel in HK. The spa downstairs is a huge surprise and was used with great enjoyment. Also would have to be one of the best hotel buffet breakfast around. Mira we will be back.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Warren T
Many thanks for sharing your amazing experience at The Mira Hong Kong! Your kind words regarding our hotel service and everything mean a lot to us as we continuously strive to provide an unrivalled service our guests. Please feel free to reach out to me if I may assist with your future visits and I hope to welcome you soon!
Best regards

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Husband booked us here for a birthday treat. The suite was fabulous, very modern with everything you could possibly need. The decor was sleek, as was the service. Not too intrusive, but there if we needed any help. We used the spa and the pool was beautiful, by far the best I've used. The lighting around the pool was clever, tiny spotlights over the pool area - which made it all the more chilled, in fact the whole spa area was spotless and just very relaxing. Would definitely recommend the massages - blissful.

We've had drinks at Vibes, the outdoor bar before, and its always been a little haven, in a busy city, and again it didn't disappoint. Love the Mira!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Rooroo16
Thank you for your great review and a belated Happy Birthday to you! It is uplifting to hear what a Mira-velous experience you had at our hotel and enjoyed the service at MiraSpa and Vibes in particular. I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Rooms are well equipment and quite high tech. The corridors and lifts are dark and dingy ( too much mood lighting), the location bang in the center of the golden mile. The food street is just next door and plenty of shopping abounds around the hotel including some eccentrically interesting malls like K11, The One & isquare. The special treat is tucked away three 3 levels below ground - a top class spa, and a beautiful pool with underwater music.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear SaadSeeb
Thanks very much for your fabulous review. It is my pleasure to know how much you enjoyed your experience at our award-winning MiraSpa. Please feel free to let me know if I may assist with your travel arrangement next time and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Warm regards