“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #43 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Auckland, New Zealand
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed 2 nights as a rest stop en route to Europe. Great location in the middle of Kowloon's shopping area. Sparkling modern decor, very attentive staff, excellent breakfast and reasonably priced for Hong Kong. I was upgraded to a small suite which was pleasant and modern - although the connecting door to the next suite did not stop my hearing all conversations there- such doors are never sound proof despite assurances which all hotels give. The other drawback was noisy guests shouting in the corridor as they return in the small hours of the morning. Perhaps the hotel could counsel such guests as they arrive in the hotel foyer and enter the elevator. Construction work on the side street also woke me up early on both mornings.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Davids27892
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Davids27892
Thanks very much for your positive review. It is uplifting to learn that you liked most aspects at our hotel. I have also taken note of your comments on noise level and please be assured that they will be addressed. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Gerhard Aicher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Hotel is really close to TST MTR station which take about 5 to 10 mins walk from Exit 1B. The service from the hotel stuff is really awesome. My partner and I were there for our anniversary, and the hotel team make extra miles of effort to help us celebrate our special occasion. All I would like to say is a special thanks to Maggie Shi, the Guest Relations Manager and her team for making the best stay experience in Hong Kong. I will definitely stay in the same hotel again.

Lastly, I think the Smart phone provided by the hotel is SUCH a GREAT help for us as first time visitor.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi iMuz
Happy anniversary and great to hear that you had an amazing time with us! I am very grateful to know how fabulous Maggie and her Team were in going the extra mile and I will definitely share your wonderful note to the entire team. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience and I hope to welcome you back soon.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights in may. Excellent location in heart of tsim sa tsui. Buffet breakfast & lunch are excellent. Room design is modern contemporary. One late afternoon I could hear clearly the busy noise of a couple in the midst of "actions" when I was walking pass the corridor...Pl see how you can improve the sound insulation.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank MyTravelPage
Dear MyTravelPage
Thanks for your review and I am delighted that you had a great stay with us. I have also taken careful note of your valuable input and we shall make improvement where needed accordingly. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
UK
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed for one night as part our honeymoon. We were upgraded to a Park View room and given various extra treats which was lovely. Whilst the rooms aren't huge, they are cleverly designed with lots of glass to make the most of the space and the decor is very nice. The service was was friendly and efficient and overall we were really glad we chose the Mira.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank wonderbug77
Dear wonderbug77
Thanks for your lovely review and great to know how wonderful your honeymoon stay with us. Please come back for your anniversary and I look forward to welcoming you again.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a very pleasant stay at The Mira. From the time I checked in to the time I checked out, I found the service impeccable, Every person I dealt with was polite.

The hotel room is spacious, considering Hong Kong's space and very clean.

I highly recommend the breakfast in the hotel.

Room Tip: I like the room facing the inside courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sophia L
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Sophia L
Thanks very much for your review. It is truly amazing to know what a great stay you had with us. I hope to see you again!
Kind regards
London
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is the first time I have stayed in the Mira and expectations were not terribly high.
As a result I thought the rooms were stylish and the outlook was over the enclosed garden/restaurant.
The service was excellent from all members of staff and the breakfast was really good quality with a good variety of options.
Will definitely return as the location was also convenient for the shops and metro. Well worth checking this hotel out

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NStanwix
Hi NStanwix
Thanks very much for your great review! My pleasure to know that we have exceeded your expectations and your stay with us was an enjoyable one. Please stay in touch and I hope to welcome you again soon!
Glasgow Scotland
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at the Mira recently and had a good experience at the hotel, not great just good, they didn't fulfill our request for a city facing room although we had paid for it and this ended up a problem as it was the weekend of the HK marathon and the noise generated by so many runners on an early Sunday morning in the park facing rooms.
Apart from that, nice rooms, and good service...
The Star of the hotel is the restaurant Cuisine Cuisine....don't miss it even if you are not staying at the hotel....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank topcatmax
Dear topcatmax
Thanks for your review. It is unfortunate to learn that we have failed to impress you with a room upgrade due to the marathon race on that weekend. Despite that, I appreciate your praise about our location and service and I hope to see you back again.