“Excellent Position”

Ranked #44 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Pretoria, South Africa
“Excellent Position”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We spent 3 nights in this hotel using it as a stopover from Shanghai. The hotel is very cleverly designed using mirror effect to appear more spacious. We had the opportunity to upgrade to a room with full bathroom and access to executive lounge. This was a great benefit as we were able to relax there after the check-out time; our flight was only leaving around midnight. What I found a little irritating is that shortly after breakfast closing time staff starts clearing dishes. This resulted in some guests grabbing whatever they can if they came to breakfast late. I am not sure if this is Chinese custom because I have seen similar thing happening in Macau Hotel however the selaction was excellent.
Service in executive lounge was fantastic; the lady that served us previous day remembered exactly what we had to drink before (pretty amazing considering that there were many visitors every afternoon). It was just a little odd how low the ceilings were in the hotel corridors; for people with slightly above average height could be bit daunting. The hotel also offers Samsung phones - and we were alowed to make phonecalls free of charge to many destinations in the world.
But the hotel is unbeatable to position, position, position.

Room Tip: Ask fr the room positioned high and try to upgrade if possible to room with full bathroom and execut...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bozena18
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Bozena18
Many thanks for your excellent review. I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed the service in our club lounge and found our location to your liking. We will continue to strive for an even better service and I hope to see you back again.
Gerhard Aicher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We are currently staying here as a stop over for 4 nights before we head off to Thailand. It has been one of the best hotels I have stayed in.
I can honestly say that the hotel is gorgeous and absolutly amazing. We upgraded to get breakfast and snacks around the evening. The food is lovely including the evening appetisers they serve.
The hotel is clean and tidy. The staff are a delight. They have been attentive and very helpful. I would like to thank Maggie (hotel manager) who has made our stay exceptional by going above and beyond. I have never been to a hotel with staff who take so much care to ensure your needs are met. She has made our stay more memorable.
If you want a place to stay in Hong Kong, I would look no further. This hotel is perfect in more ways than one. There is nothing I would fault with it.
We will miss this amazing and luxurious hotel. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Naomi_123_M
Dear Naomi_123_M
Thanks very much for your fantastic review and for calling us "Perfect"! I am very proud of my team and particularly impressed to know how Maggie demonstrated an enthusiasm and willingness to go the extra step to "wow" our guests. I will definitely share your positive lines with the team to encourage more of the same. I hope to welcome you back soon!
Warm wishes
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Love that we have a telephone so we can use it for directions around town, use it to buy tickets for shows, can keep us updated on whats going on in Hong Kong and can be used for international calls - very helpful esp when we are on a business trip :) - - - Very accommodating hotel staff - this year was able to stay in Mira 3 times from January to May 2014 . We will keep coming back :)Thank you Mira

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear YY_jun
Thanks very much for your review. I am very happy to know you appreciated our Handy phone and found it so helpful when exploring Hong Kong. Thanks again for your continuous support and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards
Paris, France
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This place is thé perfect stop if you traveling to Hongkong ...

Check in at the mira lounge at 15th floor and enjoy a great service and all attention from a great devoted staff as a private Home in a midle Of this vibring city...

Relax at the Spa

Hav an out door last drink
At vibes ...( only problem is the opening hours ... It close at midnight ... And the only place in thé hôtel where service is not good at all)
Anyways we are not here for them, we are here for us...
And atmosphère is perfect...

From everything to everything
Perfection is almost here
... Everytime better
This place is the place in Hongkong...

• Stayed May 2014
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Edward A
Thanks so much for your fantastic review. It is my pleasure that you felt at home being with us! Sorry for the service at Vibes which I will look into it with my Team for future improvement. I hope to see you back soon.
Kind regards
manchester
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just returned from a 4 night trip hotel was in the perfect location right in the heart of Kowloon, close to the MTR and a short walk to the waterfront. Room was larger than expected with nice touches such as the mobile phone with free international calls and Internet to use anywhere, which was perfect while out shopping to check prices back home. All the staff were friendly, very helpfully and knowledgable. Will definitely stay at the Mira on my next trip.

Room Tip: Go for a courtyard view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ManchesterMad_about
Hi ManchesterMad_about
Many thanks for your review. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed everything at The Mira Hong Kong and our Handy smartphone proved so helpful for you. Please stay connected and let me know whenever I can be of assistance for your future stays.
Best wishes
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stay at Mira Hotel 4 of 5 times my vacation to Hong Kong. It's hard to find hotel in Hong Kong with modern design, interior, and located in strategic area, and The Mira is the best combination of it.
The reason why i chose Mira because it's surrounded by many shops, restaurants, and MTR station located near the hotel, just around 2 blocks.

Room Tip: if you stay in suite room over the weekend, choose room far from bar. The bar operates until 11.00 p...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JoyceWibowo
Dear JoyceWibowo
Thanks a lot for your continuous support and great compliment! I am glad that you find all elements you need at our hotel and I hope to see you again in the near future.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I stayed 2 nights as a rest stop en route to Europe. Great location in the middle of Kowloon's shopping area. Sparkling modern decor, very attentive staff, excellent breakfast and reasonably priced for Hong Kong. I was upgraded to a small suite which was pleasant and modern - although the connecting door to the next suite did not stop my hearing all conversations there- such doors are never sound proof despite assurances which all hotels give. The other drawback was noisy guests shouting in the corridor as they return in the small hours of the morning. Perhaps the hotel could counsel such guests as they arrive in the hotel foyer and enter the elevator. Construction work on the side street also woke me up early on both mornings.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Davids27892
Dear Davids27892
Thanks very much for your positive review. It is uplifting to learn that you liked most aspects at our hotel. I have also taken note of your comments on noise level and please be assured that they will be addressed. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back soon!