The Mira Hong Kong
Cordis, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$277
US$182
Cordis Official
Hotel ICON(Hong Kong)
US$316
US$196
Hotel ICON Official Website
  • Pool
The Royal Garden(Hong Kong)
US$158
US$195
US$183
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
The Langham, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)
US$268
US$225
  • Pool
Dorsett Wanchai, Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$108
Hotel Direct
  • Restaurant
Dorsett Mongkok Hong Kong(Hong Kong)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$78
Hotel Direct
3,241 results
All reviewscuisine cuisinea park view roomnathan roadkowloon parkdesign hotelmobile phonehigh techindoor poolknutsford terracesteam roomclub floorpillow menutsim sha tsuinathan rdrain showerexcellent hotelbusiness trip
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I'm currently staying at The Mira with my family on a vacation. I've booked The Mira after hearing good review from colleagues. However, the hotel has disappointed me greatly. Maybe their standard has dropped. I'm not sure. The room I stayed in smell of urine the whole day! I've given my feedback to the hotel staff, but it seems like they can't remove the smell even after a good cleaning. This is the first hotel I stayed where the room smell of urine. I really hope the hotel can do something about this. So much for a 5 stars hotel! Not worth the money at all.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank JolinTan
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear JolinTan
Thanks for your feedback and I am sorry to hear of your disappointment and the smell in your room. Upon reading your review, my team has been in touch with you immediately to resolve the problem and I hope that this has been handled to your satisfaction. Please let me or my team know if we can be of any further assistance and please accept my apologies for not delivering the experience The Mira Hong Kong is known for.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

A 5-star at a great location, Mira hotel was my choice for a quick 2 day trip to HK. The breakfast is not really worthy of being called a 5 star breakfast.

There's a LOT of staff hanging around, from 2 to open the hotel doors (yes that looks as crazy as it sounds), to 3 staff to call the lift for you, to some who are just hanging around the dimly lit lobby, just to rush towards anyone they see contemplating in the lobby. While this feels good for a while, it quickly becomes a nuisance since this staff is very mechanical and rule book oriented and will direct you in to queues even when you don't need to. And a little bit of a smile won't hurt either.

Nice but drab hotel. Not staying here again (with family at least?)

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank amitnagpal

Dear amitnagpal
Thank you for your review and I am really sorry to learn that we did not live up to your expectations on our breakfast quality and staff friendliness. We pride ourselves on impeccable service however we have fallen short in this occasion and it shows that we have some service consistency issues which will be addressed. Please accept my sincere apology and I hope you will give us another chance to impress you in our Mira-velous way. Please feel free to contact me directly at gmoffice@themirahotel.com prior to your next visit so that I can assist in making sure you get to enjoy your experience at The Mira Hong Kong.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Looks nice suite not so good value for money, food not so good either,
Room service poor, there are a good few hotels in Hong Kong at a cheaper rate and better value also, the room at one time were stylish but looking a tired hotel and it's only 5 years old

Stayed: June 2014

Dear Gordon M
Thanks for sharing your impression after your recent stay at our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that we were not able to deliver the service level you came to expect from us. Please accept my apology for that and I would be very grateful if you have the time to share with me directly at gmoffice@themirahotel.com with more specific feedback that you may have to assist us to better understand our shortcomings. I hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future.
Best wishes

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights in a suite 70 room. Loved the suite with its very comfortable large bed, free mini bar and beautiful robe, slippers and amenities. Only complaint about the room was that I prefer carpet to wooden floors. This was the first hotel I stayed at with wooden floors. But as there was slippers, it wasn't a big deal.
I had two 90 minute massages at the spa which were both divine and had a 15% discount on each. Thoroughly recommend treating yourself, although they are quite dear. The spa area, gym and pool itself were also really beautiful!
Breakfast was delicious. Everything you can imagine and very nice fresh juices also. Loved the kiwi fruit juice which was freshly squeezed. Chefs making eggs Benedict, waffles and French toast to order!
Room service was prompt and yum.
Nothing was to much trouble for housekeeping either. I had forgotten my adaptor and they found me one that had I could borrow.
Hotel also in great location for shopping on Nathan Road, I even managed to grab a bargain in the Coach store.
Highly recommend this hotel. It's the nicest I've stayed at while in HK.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Marriedtheenglish_80
Thanks so much for your wonderful review. It is lovely to hear what an enjoyable stay you had with us and please feel free to let me know if I may personally assist with your future visits. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We spent 3 nights in this hotel using it as a stopover from Shanghai. The hotel is very cleverly designed using mirror effect to appear more spacious. We had the opportunity to upgrade to a room with full bathroom and access to executive lounge. This was a great benefit as we were able to relax there after the check-out time; our flight was only leaving around midnight. What I found a little irritating is that shortly after breakfast closing time staff starts clearing dishes. This resulted in some guests grabbing whatever they can if they came to breakfast late. I am not sure if this is Chinese custom because I have seen similar thing happening in Macau Hotel however the selaction was excellent.
Service in executive lounge was fantastic; the lady that served us previous day remembered exactly what we had to drink before (pretty amazing considering that there were many visitors every afternoon). It was just a little odd how low the ceilings were in the hotel corridors; for people with slightly above average height could be bit daunting. The hotel also offers Samsung phones - and we were alowed to make phonecalls free of charge to many destinations in the world.
But the hotel is unbeatable to position, position, position.

Room Tip: Ask fr the room positioned high and try to upgrade if possible to room with full bathroom and executive launge access
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bozena18

Dear Bozena18
Many thanks for your excellent review. I am delighted to know how much you enjoyed the service in our club lounge and found our location to your liking. We will continue to strive for an even better service and I hope to see you back again.