“Class In the thick of it!”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #48 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This is our second visit to the Mira, on both occasions we enjoyed a spectacular level of service and great facilities. We actually choose it because of its location, and its free wi-fi. We will visit again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear stumurdoch
Thanks for staying with us again and glad to hear that we did not let you down this time. Please stay connected with us and looking forward to your return!
Warm regards

There are newer reviews for The Mira Hong Kong

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This design hotel is convenient located in Kowloon, nearby all major attractions and shopping areas. Hong Kong Island is easily reachable through the MTR (Jordan) of Star Ferry (within walking distance).

The suite (Mira Suite 70) we stayed in was large, nicely decorated (with the famous Arne Jacobsen Egg-Chair), well-appointed with gadgets (Sony Media System, smartphone and 40” LCD TV) and a nice bathroom with great amenities.

I really recommend a dinner at Yamm, which features both very good a la carte food as well as an excellent buffet in a stylish yet relaxed atmosphere.

The service is excellent and always with a smile, especially from Jerry.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear TdwLee
Thanks for your wonderful review and recommendation. It is fabulous to know how much you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly happy to know you found the service provided by our team especially Jerry exceeds your expectations. Thanks again and hope to see you soon!
Best Regards

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at the mira for stop 3 of our honeymoon. Its about 25 minutes from the airport. Upon checking in, we mentioned that it was our honeymoon, and it was not acknowledged at all. As in not even a simple congratulations, which i would have been fine with. The desk worker just said ok, and asked for our credit card. I mean...come on. You work in the service industry.

Room is fine- very businessy. Little counter-space, which is understandable, but there was also a lack of drawers so that area was a hot mess. Minimal closet space and a teeny space for one suitcase. Bed is ok- my back and neck hurt the first day or two, but i adjusted. I loved the shower. The truly redeeming thing about this room was the handy thats included- you can make local and international calls for free and you can use it as a mobile hotspot.

Location is good- we were able to get some laundry done (wash and fold) at sunshine laundry up the street, and get bottles of wine (priorities) and water at the convenience stores up the street. This being hk, the shopping in the area is great. We loved the second hand purse stores!

The concierge is very helpful. He knows his stuff and is always ready to help a siSter out.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank im_a_t0urist

Hi im_a_t0urist
Thanks very much for your review and congratulations to your honeymoon! I am truly sorry for a rather disappointing arrival experience. This is by all means not the level of service you would expect from The Mira Hong Kong and please rest assured that we have briefed our team that we should be more attentive going forward as we strive to ensure an unparalleled service is delivered to our guests at all times. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at gmoffice@themirahotel.com if I may assist your future visits and I look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Warm wishes

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We (young couple) went to HK for a 4 day city trip and have chosen The Mira because of its location in the center of Kowloon. Situated in a nice neighborhood just next to Kowloon Park there are a couple of quiet places for drinks and dinner around the corner. Miramall with many brands is just next door for shopping whoever is interested. The Peninsula in the south of Kowloon for Afternoon Tea is in walking distance (15min) and highly recommended!
The entrance with an old carpet is not looking very nice and the nontransparent doors makes the first impression very unattractive. The intensive smell of aroma in the Lobby is way too much and causes headache after short time. Late night C/I was OK but we had to search for a Front Office Agent since Housekeeping and Bar staff was cleaning everywhere and no one else was around. As soon as FOA was called C/I was smooth and staff very friendly. Late C / O until 1PM is complimentary. The corridors are very dark with a soft carpet smelling like wet or old.
HSKP staff is well speaking english and very attentive! Always a smile and good service. There was a hair in our bathtub when we arrived but cleanliness of the room was OK.
Great gadget is the Samsung mobile phone with unlimited 3G which you can carry around during your stay and helps you not loosing orientation or finding a good spot for dinner.
Concierge staff at night is not very professional and not able to help you for serious things like assisting when you missed a flight. The night CON seemed more like he wanted to be left alone.
Subway station close by and Star Ferry to Central in walking distance.
All in all a good location to discover HK during a short stay. Food outlets we never tried.

Room Tip: Rooms to the north have a nice view.

Dear ttktvl2014
Thanks for your wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that you like most aspects of our hotel. Yet, my sincere apology for not being able to leave you with a positive first impression and sorry for the service rendered by our Concierge team. Your valuable feedback allows us to improve our service quality and bring it back up to the high level of standard where we stand for. I hope to be able to welcome you back in the future and please feel free to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.
Best wishes

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The Mira is located at the heart of the shopping, eating & sightseeing district in Kowloon. Overlooking the Kowloon walled city Park, the hotel is also conveniently connected to a large mall right next door (Miramar shopping center).

It is walking distance from places like the Walk of stars from where you can catch the symphony of lights show, museum of art, museum of history and many other attractions on the Lonely Planet guide.The neighborhood & hotel is buzzing with activity.
They also give you a Samsung Handy phone for personal use during your stay- can be used to make free international and local calls, provides helpful tips on nearby attractions and entitles you to discounts etc. Better to go through this as soon as you check in - so you don't miss out!

We had a room on the 17th floor so there was peace & quiet and rooms are quite comfortably spacious by Hong Kong standards. The staff is very pleasant and helpful.
(Very minor) quibble: Not many options in the tea/coffee selections in the room and no iron in the room.
Fantastic experience overall - would totally stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hi MallikaP
Thanks so much for your fantastic review. I am thrilled to know what a great stay you had and I hope to see you again soon!
Warm wishes

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Lovely hotel, very stylish and good looking. The rooms very clean and great service. Good located with walking distance to both big shopping malls and smaller shops along the streets. Also walking distance to the harbour where you can take the ferry to HK island. Clubs are nearby, but the hotel was quiet and calm during evenings and nights. Very nice and fresh breakfast buffet as well!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Hi JennyMariaL
Many thanks for your kind review. I am pleased to know everything went so wonderfully during your stay and I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Best wishes

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I excitedly booked this hotel when I saw that they were having a special anniversary promotion rate. I had been wanting to try this property out since my parents stayed here a few years ago and had good things to say about it.
The staff upon entering seemed tired and not at all interested in welcoming the guests. Opening the door almost seemed mechanical for them. Upon reaching reception I gave my reservation details to VARENNA who, without even a smile asked for our passports and started processing our details. After a minute of typing she looks up and says that since we requested a high floor room it was still not ready and the cleaning was just about to begin. This was at 12NN. She says however in a very bored and monotonous tone that we have promotion right now if you would like to upgrade to a club room (add HK$600+) or a suite (add HK$1000+) then these rooms are ready. I ask for details and she continues talking about breakfast, bigger room, etc in a speedy manner that I couldn't quite understand everything she was telling me. I then ask her, would you happen to have any other room in our category even on lower floors available now? And she says no. (Which made me think, didn't she just tell me that my room wasn't available BECAUSE I had requested for a high floor?) And so I say, okay we will just wait for our room to be ready then. And she says, well the breakfast itself is HK$500+ so with a room upgrade it would be worth it! And I say with a smile, no thank you, we don't eat breakfast. And so she says okay just come back 2-3PM maybe. And she presumed we would be out of her face. So I go, uhm, where may we leave our luggage? And she points to the other side, over there. At this point I gave up hope on a good stay.
We go to the concierge to leave our luggage and the guy goes, what name? And he punches it in the computer. He goes, you leave luggage? Your room is ready. SO UHM WHAT WAS THAT? So he leaves us to go back to Varenna ourselves (we are walking back and forth the lobby like lost lamb). I go to Varenna, he says our room is ready? And she types in and says quickly no, no it is not. She gives the guy a call and whispers on the line. The guy comes and says oh, your room not yet ready. Still cleaning sorry. He takes our luggage and says come back after an hour it is done. So which is it? 1 hour or 2-3 hours as Varenna told us? I didn't make an issue of it there anymore as it seemed hopeless and I felt like we were being tricked into upgrading at this point. We left for lunch, came back before 3PM and our room was ready.
The hotel is starting to show signs of wear. When we get into our room on the 12th floor it smelled strongly of rubber which smells like that of at the back of a carpet. Did not want to complain anymore, thank goodness we were there only for 2 nights!
On our second night when we got back at around 10PM, 2 rooms on our hallway side had their doors open. Each room had a few men who were watching TV and were smoking! One room was right across us and so our room smelled like smoke the whole night. Again, I didn't complain anymore and just wondered how security or other hotel staff did not even find out about this when immediately as you step off the elevator you could smell strong cigarette smoke.
I was happy to check out the hotel the next day! We went out the hotel with our luggage in tow and not even one staff member bothered to ask if we needed a taxi to the airport or wherever. ADIOS MIRA!

6  Thank mai_a216

Dear mai_a216
Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am sorry to hear of your disappointment. Upon reading your review and comments through other channel, my team has been in contact with you immediately and I hope this issue has been handled to your satisfaction. Please accept my sincere apologies for not reaching your expectation and I will take this up personally to ensure a much more improved level of service during your next visit. Please feel free to contact me directly at gmoffice@themirahotel.com should your travels bring you back to Hong Kong. Hope to see you soon!
Kind regards