“Still my Favourite Hotel in Asia”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #43 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Still my Favourite Hotel in Asia”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have reviewed this hotel in the past and when I recently stayed there again, it is still confirmed on the top of the list of my all time favourite hotels.

The whole ambience of this hotel is so chic and cool, yet friendly and inviting as well.

I always stay in a club room, which comes with some extras, which make it worth it.

The rooms are amazing and my only complaint is I wish I could stay longer to enjoy it even more.

Again, compliments to the staff and management. You all deserve recognition for the great work.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Warren-Watson
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Hi Warren-Watson
It is lovely to read your review again and thanks so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us. I am so proud of the consistent service provided by the team and we will work even harder to exceed your expectations each and every time you stay with us. Please let me know when you return next time and I definitely looking forward to it!
Gerhard Aicher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel greets you with a pleasant scent & welcoming reception. Never seen so many front desk professionals in a hotel lobby offering all kinds of assistance & information. One of the most attentive & caring housekeeping we've ever encountered. The rooms are housekeep once before noon and a 2nd in the early evening to make sure you are comfortable and everything in order. The hotel indoor pool is slightly heated, there're jacuzzis beside the pool and in the toilets and gym is well equipped. Only the free wifi is not up to mark, we couldn't log in half of the time when we were there.
Location is prime, shopping malls Miramall & The One are a couple of steps away. Food streets and fine dining restaurants are within walking distance. 5 minutes walk to Temple Street which is quite popular with its HK seafood stalls and Jordan MRT Station is 3 minutes in between Mira Hotel & Temple Street.
There're cheaper hotels around the vicinity but if your budget allows you ($250 ave per night), I strongly recommend this hotel for serious shoppers. The hotel's facility & service will pamper your tired body after hours of shopping.

Room Tip: It's a popular hotel so if you like quietness try asking for floors with the aircrew or business...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stephen S
Dear Stephen S
Thanks a lot for sharing your impression of The Mira Hong Kong with the Tripadvisor community around the world. It is fabulous to learn that how pleasant your stay was from the moment you entered our hotel. On a separate note, we have embarked on a wifi upgrade project which is currently in progress and I hope you will see the improvement during your next stay. Please feel free to contact me personally if I may assist your future visits and I look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Best wishes
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is our (family with 3 kids) first time staying at MIra Hotel on July 8 till July 11.
They upgrade our room to suite & it was really amazing specially with "Handy" which allow you to make a free local & int'l call & it can become wifi hotspot. Really great.
For sure will come back again to Mira Hotel

Room Tip: Mira suite is the best. Equip with Handy, everything digital.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear johannes_sie
Thanks very much for your encouraging review. I am thrilled that you and your family had a great time in our suite and our Handy smartphone has been so useful for you. Please stay in touch and I hope to welcome you back soon!
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at the mira for 1 night. its good location for shopping and espeacially Michelin food. We enjoyed eating so much. The mira have a good service.its smart phone for you when you going to outside.I loved it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi Pimsa W
Thanks for your positive review. It is great to know you enjoyed your trip on the whole. I hope that you will have the chance to stay a little longer next time and I hope to see you again soon!
Best regards
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We come to HK every year for summer sale & occasionally come to HK in Dec with our kids.
They love The Mira and its facilities.
The location is very convenient with eateries, shopping, banking.
We love The Mira

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valerie N
Thanks so much for your continued support! It is amazing to know you enjoyed your stay with us every time and I can't wait to see you again!
Best wishes
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The experience didn't start too well. When my boyfriend and I were checking in, the staff member expressed that our room was "too small" and we should upgrade. We asked how much it would be and were told $1000HKD per night. As a young couple, we could not afford to pay an additional $3000 HKD (for three nights) and we were left feeling that our room that we had paid a lot of money for was inadequate.

Which wasn't the case! The room, while not spacious, easily accommodated my boyfriend and I as well as our luggage. The room was modern and beautifully designed. Everything was very clean.

The included mobile phone was very useful for navigating around Hong Kong. This meant we could walk to most places and saved a lot of money by not using taxis. Our room rate included free mini bar drinks which was a nice touch as well.

The buffet breakfast was AMAZING. So much choice. My favorite was blueberry crumble muffins and the omelettes (which were made to order).

We had dinner in the hotel's Chinese restaurant. The food was really nice but the portions were tiny and over priced. We asked for table water in an attempt to save costs, but were given bottled water (which we only realized at the end when we were charged $14 AUD for). Our dinner cost $150 AUD for: 2 cups of chicken and corn soup, 1 sweet and sour pork, 1 crispy chicken and 1 fried rice (and the $14 water). Seemed a bit ridiculous.

Room service was average in taste and very expensive. Over our stay we ordered the penne, nachos and satay skewers. All of which were fine but nothing amazing.

What really annoyed my boyfriend and I was we had prepayed our hotel stay online, but upon check out were asked to pay a 10% service fee for all 3 nights. If you have prepayed a hotel stay, that prepayment should include all service fees and taxes.

The rooms and buffet breakfast are amazing but the service and over priced restaurants really let the hotel down. Would choose to stay at another hotel next time we are in Hong Kong.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank heatherkt93
Dear heatherkt93
Thanks for sharing your experience here on Tripadvisor. My sincere apology for not living up to your expectations during check-in and rest assured that I have immediately addressed this issue to the respective manager for future improvement. On the other hand, I am glad that you appreciate our exceptional location and room and I hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future.
Best regards
Dubai, UAE

Centrally located.
Good business hotel, though rooms are tiny.
Dining choice was acceptable.
Front desk staff not friendly.
Be careful with the taxis, they do cheat you. Organize taxis through the hotel's concierge and take note of their ID number.
But, recommended.

Room Tip: Great location Perfect business hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear MoyaDubai
Thanks very much for recommending us to the Tripadvisor community. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Hong Kong.