“Great Stay with good location”
Review of The Mira Hong Kong

The Mira Hong Kong
Ranked #44 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Great Stay with good location”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a great stay. Upgraded to the mira club package which is definitely worth the extra cost. good breakfast and great canapes and drinks at night time. Friendly and welcoming service. The rooms are modern and clean and the spa area invites too relax. The hotel is well located for shopping and the usual tourist hot spots.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Hi Dennis G
Thanks a lot for your excellent review. I will pass on your appreciation to the team at Mira Club and I am sure they will be very happy to read of your kind words. Look forward to welcoming you back again.
Kind regards
Gerhard Aicher

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (515)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I decided to stay at the Mira due to its location. I stayed in the hotel before the renovation and found the location to be perfect. I was gladly surprised as soon as I entered the room. the room was a decent size, had stylish design. The bed was very comfortable to sleep in and the rain shower was magnificent after a long day touring around the city.
The hotel staff was extremely kind, have to mention specially the guys working at the club floor as they were extremely helpful and kind when asking for directions and planning things to do in Hong Kong. You could ask them something before going into the club lounge, they would research it and 5 or 10 minutes later would come into the lounge with a map and clearly explain everything you had previously asked.
Also I have to mention the Handy mobile provided by the hotel was really nice, as we could talk for free with our families back home and had internet access to search for addresses and places without having to recur to expensive roaming fees from our personal mobiles.
I certainly recommend this hotel to everyone that goes to Hong Kong and will certainly come back to this hotel the next time I'm in the city.

Room Tip: I would recommend people to try and get at least a city room as they are bigger than the studio room...
1 Thank Sze Hong N
Dear Sze Hong N
Thanks so much for such positive words. I am so glad that our team at Mira Club have looked after you so well and gave you such an extraordinary experience. Thank you for recommending us to the Tripadvisor community around the globe and I can't wait to see you back in the near future!
Tigard, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Mira is a nice hotel. It would be better if I were on vacation and not business as the hotel has very muted lighting so when you are trying to work in the room or put your make up on it is difficult. This is my only complaint...
the restaurants are great, the fitness center, and all the other amenities. I expecially like the large soaking tub!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Judith G
Thank you for your kind review. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us except for the lighting design in your room. Please contact me directly next time when you travel back, so that we can setup an extra lamp for you. Hope to see you again!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed in the Mira for 2 nights with my partner, 2 young daughters and baby son in August 2014. Check in was pleasant and a special mention to Front Office Manager Josephine who upgraded us to a suite and made us feel like the most important guests. We had a fabulous room on the 11th floor facing the park and whilst the Alice in Wonderland like decor and low ceilings make you feel like you are in a rabbit hole, once inside your room it is bliss. Fantastic decor, great space, ace bathroom and toiletries and the free smartphone is genius! A real highlight as it enables you to make free international calls and access the internet. Oh and the bed is perhaps the comfiest I have ever slept on and the pillows helped me sleep soundly...much needed after the chaos of walking the nearby streets!

The Mira is part of a mall and has some great shops. Location wise it is just off Nathan Road and whilst it is very busy on the streets outside, as soon as you enter the coolness of the lobby, you feel you can breathe again. We ordered room service one night and the food was good. There are some bars and restaurants attached but with young children we didn't frequent them!

Quite good value for a central location, MTR station is just a couple of minutes walk away and you are walking distance from Kowloon park. Would definitely recommend and would stay again. Thank you Mira for a lovely stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GerhardAicher, General Manager at The Mira Hong Kong, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hi LeBirch
Thank you so much for sharing your fairy-like experience at our hotel! It is amazing that you found everything great here and I will make sure your praise to Josephine reaches her ears. I will be thrilled to welcome you and your family back!
Kind regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I did not know what to expect when I booked the hotel, as I remember the old "Miramar" hotel in the good old days which was a little dated and tired. This new Mira hotel has been modernized with sleek lobby and room decor. The staff were very friendly and efficient (as are many hotels in Hong Kong). The location was excellent and suited my needs - close enough to expensive as well as "cheaper" shopping streets, restaurants, MTR, and the West rail for suburban excursions. But can see how other people may prefer other locations in HK. The room was nicely appointed, with a very comfortable bed, and strong AC (you are gonna to need it in the hot summers of HK). The free samsung phone was a nice touch, and I did use it a few times. It is very useful if you are a tourist and don't want to use your own phone because of expensive international roaming charges.

Some things to improve on:
For some reason, checking out seemed to take a long time. I didn't have any meals, just straight up room charges. what is so complicated about printing out a bill and running my credit card?
Only part of the floor in the room was carpeted. The marble floor was really cold if you are walking in the room bare feet.
The sink area is a little small for toiletries. I can't imagine how women could fit their make-up bag and other products on that little counter.
The lobby seating area was a little chaotic when I was sitting there. There were kids jumping up and down on the sofa, families hanging out. There should be a little better crowd control.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear WilAndGabe
Thanks for your comprehensive review. I am so happy for your return after all these years and glad to know that we were able to leave you with an enjoyable experience. Thank you also for your valuable input which I will look into with my team for future improvements on check-out efficiency and crowd control. Please stay connected and I hope to welcome you back again in the near future.
Best wishes
Rimini, Italy
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Been at The Mira just for one night during a stop over in Hong Kong on my way to Bali from Europe.
I was really excited to stay here because of the rave reviews on TA and yeah, I liked this place but I didn't get a "wow" effect.

I think that in Kowloon there are better located hotels than this, but there's a lot of action around so you won't be disappointed. What's inside? A lot, there's even a brand new mall (Mira Mall) connected to the hotel. Unfortunately I couldn't try any of the restaurants for dinner, only had breakfast at Yamm and the buffet was really good.
I also had a couple of drinks at their open air lounge bar Vibes, that seemed to be pretty popular because of the shisha pipes, but honestly it didn't impressed me, maybe because at first it was too hot that night and later it started to rain heavily so I couldn't enjoy the place as I wanted.

A metro station is close enough to get around HK but maybe a little bit too far if you're coming with your luggage from the airport. In that case the best option is a taxi.

Check in and check out were ok. I booked a king bed room but when we arrived they didn't have any available (!) so they offered us an upgrade to a Club Room with a surcharge, and we accepted. It would have been classier if the upgrade was free but whatever, the room was nice, not huge but with everything you need. The bed was comfy enough and the rain shower was great. Free bottled water, wifi and their famous Handy smartphone included.

Overall I had a nice stay but I'm not sure I would come back to The Mira. Too many luxurious options in this huge city that it would be very difficult to choose. I've also been to their sister property Mira Moon (see review) and loved it, so maybe I would opt for another hotel.

Room Tip: Club Rooms are on higher floors
1 Thank interpol81
Hi interpol81
Thanks for your kind review. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to wow you and also you did not enjoy to the fullest at Vibes due to the weather condition. The style of The Mira Hong Kong may not appeal to you but I am glad that you found our sister hotel - Mira Moon to your liking. Hopefully I will see you again soon staying with us and please let me know personally if I may assist with your future visits.
Manila
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The location is great if you're looking for average to low budget shops and restaurants.

Stayed for 3 days at the Mira Suite 70. Spacious room and cabinets. Chic design. Comfortable bed and linens. Internet connection was good.

However, I didn't like the bathroom black wall tiles combined with black/dark green floor tiles. It looked and felt dirty. Moreover, the bed is one meter apart from the glass sliding door of the bathroom and glass wall of the bathtub. If you're a light sleeper, one bathroom trip in the middle of the night of your companion will definitely awaken you.

On my second night at around 11:30pm, I dialed "0" and asked to be connected to room service. Once connected, I ordered for 2 bottled water from the man on the other line. He asked if I was referring to the complimentary water of the room so I said yes since he mentioned it. He replied... "Next time you should dial "0" or "6" but I will help you now." I wanted to sarcastically apologize for bothering him. Anyway, the water never came (after 1 hour) so I had to dial "0" and requested again.

Local staff at the entrance door were not too friendly and helpful also in assisting us to get taxis. We flagged them down several times ourselves. However, there was this one particular young and tall Filipino staff (he was only there during our last day) who was exceptional in guest courtesy and always had a genuine smile. He's one of the few assets of this hotel.

On our last day, I couldn't find my gold pen. I searched thoroughly and discovered filth especially under the sofa. THICK dust, crumpled paper, receipt, etc. Calling housekeeping! Check room 1635!

Overall the hotel is okay but there are many other better options in Tsim Sha Tsui. So having said that, I will book again in one of my favorite hotels next month... any of the Marco Polo hotels in Ocean Terminal or The Langham.

1 Thank PickyTraveller555
Dear PickyTraveller555
Thank you for your kind review and I appreciate you sharing the impressions that have tainted your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the shortfalls you have encountered and I trust that my team has been in touch with you personally to resolve the issues. Rest assured that we continue our dedicated training and development program for all our team members to ensure that we always deliver the best possible experience to our guests. I truly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Mira Hong Kong on your next visit to Hong Kong and I will personally ensure that you will have a luxury stay with us. Please contact me at gmoffice@themirahotel.com and I look forward to welcoming you again.