“best hotel”

Ranked #43 of 719 Hotels in Hong Kong
UK
“best hotel”
Reviewed 7 February 2011

This hotel was perfect, I have only one compliant that there was not enough wardrobe space in the room the rest of it was bliss. The staff from arranging the airport pick up to leaving could not do enough. The spa is great and the bar and restaurants in the hotel great and good value. The location of the hotel is great for sight seeing and wellplaced to walk around the area. Handy shopping nearby and loads of places to eat.
We will be back!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 5 February 2011

I like to stay in hotels that pay attention to details. The Mira is one that pays a lot of attention in that aspect. From lobby wall to ceiling design, public toilet and restaurants, to spa and swimming pool, this is truly a designer hotel.

I booked a Mira 70 Suite. Upon check in, room was not ready. As I was sick upon arrival, reception staff offered another ready room, the terrace room. Checked out the room but prefers my original booking and waited in lobby for my room to be ready. Concierge was kind enough to help me buy my requested medicine from a pharmacy nearby as it was too cold for me to leave the hotel.

Room is beautifully furnished and spacious. Choices of mood light setting, good quality bedding, slippers and robes. Very good selection of TV programs. Only let down is tea/ coffee service in room. With the price they charge I'd expect better.

The hotel's location is really ideal for me. Just step out of hotel and you see shops everywhere. We took a stroll down Nathan Road to Star Ferry and the famous Star Avenue. It is conveniently within 10 mins walk from the nearest MTR station.

As I was there mainly for business and meetings and had only 2 short days, I really appreciate that it's so near to most things that with the limited few hours I have each day after meetings, I get to enjoy HongKong.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Surrey
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We stayed at the Mira after a delay in our flight home. Excellent service from the staff at the airport to the check-in staff. The room was very clean and spacious, we had room service as we arrived late and the young man who brought the food explained the meals - nothing seemed too much trouble. Breakfast was an array of food something for every palate.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Bettembourg, Luxembourg
Reviewed 20 January 2011

We stayed at another hotel that did not include breakfast in our rate. Good thing or we would not have enjoyed starting a couple of our days having breakfast at The Mira. The service we very attentive and the buffet selection was very nice. We did the continental which excluded hot items. This was fine with us as we had ample choices. We even enjoyed a cappuccino and espresso in the price. The restaurant decor is very pleasant. Worth going to the Mira... even if it is just for the breakfast buffet.

Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bette M
gold Coast
Reviewed 18 January 2011

We stayed in 2 Mira 80 suites, I had one, my 2 adult daughters were 2 rooms up. Very spacious and modern, TVA in lounge area, bedroom and bathroom.wi fi was free and you could use the tv for Internet if you didn't take a laptop or I pad.The breakfast buffet was excellent, a lot of choice for about $120 HK ( $20 AUD approximate) right in the heart of Kowloon, walking distance to shops ferry MTR. Staff were courteous and helpful and when my daughter left her makeup in the room after checkout they packed and posted it, so by the time we rang it had already been done.
My only problem was my booking which I did myself on the Internet, it gave me a free night if we stayed 4 but on checkout they charged me 5 nights, and I am still trying to have the extra night for 2 rooms refunded.
Also we were told a car would pick us up at the airport, but we were charged $750HK, had I known I would have taken a taxi for about $300 HK
Overall I would go back, excellent hotel in a fabulous location

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I stayed at the Mira for a total of 6 nights. I was there with family and we had 2 rooms. I found the housekeeping for our room very lacking. 4 of the 6 nights, we were missing hand towel. 2 nights the staff didn't replenish all the toiletries. We wanted new bath robes so we left them in the bath tub to be replace but they just hung it back up. I got newspaper delivered to my room everyday but the other room didn't. When asked, we were told it was not part of the package. This seem very petty. I'm generally very tolerant when it comes to customer service but I found Mira to be lacking. During this trip, I stayed at the East, Langham Place and Mira. Mira was definitely my least favorite.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 5 January 2011

After a 4 night stay on the executive floor I can thoroughly recommend the Mira Hong Kong.

The Hotel is very modern in decor, atmosphere and technology which give this hotel the WOW factor. Although it has to be said that the "media centre" does require some thought to use it and the light switches can be a little frustrating when the room is dark.

That said, the big winner is the service which on all occasions is with a smile and are all very efficient. Most staff are extremely knowledgeable and if they weren't the can do attitude shone through and they found out what you wanted. Even the omlette chef you must have the most repetitive jobe ever, was polite despite being under pressure from some unreasonable guests (afterall cooking fresh does take a minute or two).

Breakfast in the executive lounge was good, where your eggs are made to order although the freshly squeezed juice station on the buffet in Yamm is a big bonus. Room service was also good qulaity and prompt.

The spa and pool are serene oasis from the hustle and bustle of Hong Kong.

Defiantely recommend and more cost effective than the some of the other 5 stars around.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple