As noted on my other reviews, I'm a veteran Asia traveler and have a wide range of hotel experiences to compare this hotel to; so, for what it's worth, when it comes to the Park Hotel, manage your expectations and this can be an enjoyable place to stay. Upsides and downsides are as follows;
1) location - absolutely smack in the middle of Tsim Sha Tsui - a wonderful neighborhood that really gives you a full on taste of what Hong Kong's about. Great restaurants, bars and shops right outside the front and back doors. Additionally, the Airport Express Shuttle stop is right across the street (Cameron Road side) and, as others have noted, a 3-5 minute walk from both the TST MTR station and Nathan Road.
2) "decent" but not great value for money - about average for hotels in Hong Kong but the rooms are fairly small (per normal for these sorts of hotels).
3) amazing diversity of guests - this hotel hosts the United Nations every day; if you want to rub elbows with the world, this is a great place to do it.
4) bell staff are cordial and quite helpful as a rule
1) rooms are not spacious - a bit bigger than many other Hong Kong hotels, but not quite what you might expect for the rates they charge. If you're at all claustrophobic, you'll feel a bit squeezed - not as bad as other places, but enough that you'll want spend your time out of the room.
2) this is a well-used tourist hotel - groups checking in and out constantly - and that makes for delays in getting a room and/or winding your way through the chaos in the lobby.
3) the breakfast buffet is marginal - a good selection, but not great quality. Not worth the $160 HKD charged for it in my estimation.
4) Given the emphasis on separating as many mainland Chinese from their wallets as humanly possible in Hong Kong these days and the concurrent high turnover of tourists in and out, the staff can leave you feeling "processed" as opposed to actually served. They're not rude, per se, but you get the feeling that there's nothing really special about your being a guest in the hotel either. Here's your room, have a nice stay, don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out ...
5) adequately clean and functional - nothing special but nothing bad either.
6) inside rooms - generally the even numbered ones - have a fairly unattractive view of the back of the adjacent apartment blocks; unless you're Lady Godiva, you'll need to keep your drapes pulled.
Bottom line: if you're passing through and need a bed but don't need a ton of space or attention and want to immerse yourself in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui, this is a perfectly good place to be. Don't expect to be pampered or even overly attended to and plan on eating out (not bad in any case).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the pulse of the city from the Park Hotel Hong Kong, strategically located in the heart of Kowloon's entertainment and business district of Tsim Sha Tsui. At the forefront of Tsim Sha Tsui's buzzing nightlife, you will be spoilt for choice with an extensive array of eateries and dining establishments. The Star Ferry, Kowloon Station for the Airport Express Trains and subway station are a five to ten minutes' walk away, giving you easy access to the rest of this vibrant city. Complimentary WiFi access and handy smartphone service is offered with unlimited free local and international calls to 15 countries include Australia, China, France, India, Italy, Japan, Germany, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, UK and USA as well as free WiFi hotspot sharing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Park Hotel Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park Hotel Hong Kong