I was on an solo 4 day trip to Hong Kong in Aprillast week. The stay was booked with hotel Ramada Kowloon near central Tsim Sha Tsui. It is conveniently located in Chatham Road South in the heart of Tsimshatsui; and within close distance of the famous Nathan Road; the Hong Kong Cultural Centre; the Waterfront for the Avenue of Stars and the Symphony of Lights show; Kowloon Park; Harbour City Ocean Terminal; the ferry services to Macau.
The bookings for hongkong ( flights and hotel,sightseeing etc) were arranged by Antilog Vacations . Having been travelling from them , I know that they are the best when Hongkong is concerned . Rates and services absolutely good.Booking was done online from their website.
The hotel room itself was ok, it was clean and comfortable but a bit tired and due for a refurb. The only problem I had was that the rooms were advertised as non-smoking however they each had ashtrays in them and when you turned the air conditioning off the room smelt of stale smoke.The best part about the place is it has an Indian restaurant Sangeet opposite to it. So I was lucky to get nice vegetarian food, something hard to find in Hong Kong. Some of the pros and cons-
1. Excellent location
2. I did not have any meals at the hotel. This is because there are so many wonderful restaurants outside the hotel.
3. There are two computers in the lobby, on which you can gain free internet access.
4. The Staff are polite and friendly. They are genuinely eager to help.
5 . Cheap rates offered by website Antilog Vacations for a whole package
1. I believe the hotel is in serious need of total refurbishment.
2. The hotel is okay but pricey for the room you get.
3. The hotel is no frills with very small rooms and an even smaller bathroom.
4. The hallway outside the room is narrow and musty. The beds are hard but thats standard for Asia.
I suggest everyone to book tours etc in advance to save money
All in all, rooms are too small and in dire need of a refurb (and a bit of a bad example of a Ramada for that reason) but friendly and a good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly Ramada Hotel Kowloon, BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Kowloon in Tsimshatsui, Hong Kong is located in town's most popular dining, shopping and entertainment district, Tsimshatsui in Kowloon. Best Western Hotel has more than 4,000 hotels in 100 countries and has been renowned the world's largest hotel chain. Its Best Western Plus was ranked Number One Upper Midscale Hotel, 2014 Business Travel News Chain Survey. It is an easy walking distance to Nathan Road and popular shopping malls in Tsimshatsui such as Harbour City, Ocean Terminal, China Hong Kong City, Ocean Centre, The One, i-Square, Miramar Shopping Centre, K11, Duty Free Shop (DFS) to name a few. There are hundreds of restaurant and bars around BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Kowloon, Tsimshatsui, Hongkong. The city's trendiest places for drinks include Knutsford Terrace, Mody Road, and Tsimshatsui East in Kowloon. Within 15 minutes' walk from BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Kowloon, Tsimshatsui, Hong Kong, visitors can explore Kowloon's hottest attractions such as Clock Tower, Star Ferry, Tsimshatsui Promenade, Avenue of Stars, Space Museum, Hong Kong Science Museum, Hong Kong Stadium, Heritage 1881, Kowloon Park, Hong Kong Pulse 3D light show and A Symphony of Lights in Tsimshatsui. Hong Kong Polytechnic University is just 5 minutes' walk from B EST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Kowloon in Tsimshatsui, Hong Kong. BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Kowloon, Tsimshatsui, Hongkong is well connected to all major public transportation such as the MTR subway, airport shuttle, public bus, train to China at Hung Hom Station and ferry to Macau at China Hong Kong City. No wonder travelers are hugely complimentary on this Kowloon hotel's convenient location in Tsimshatsui, Kowloon. BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Kowloon, Tsimshatsui, Hong Kong has 206 guestrooms and suites. Some of the rooms have a pleasant view of the garden of Tsimshatsui East. All hotel rooms have free WiFi access, LCD television, cable TV channels, in-room safe and tea and coffee making facilities. The Café provides buffet breakfast and snack service. Our warmly welcoming service team looks forward to looking after your forthcoming stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Kowloon, Tsimshatsui, Hongkong. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Hotel le 18 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Kowloon Hotel Hong Kong
- Ramada Hotel Kowloon
- Ramada Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Ramada
- Ramada Hong Kong
- Best Western Plus Hotel Le 18 Hong Kong