“Good location, but very poor rooms”

Best Western Plus Hotel Kowloon
Ranked #480 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Port Louis
“Good location, but very poor rooms”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Rooms are very small,with not enough space to move about.Items in the minibar are quite expensive.
Hygiene was also not upto the mark;I did get stained towels a few times.
Also,no activities e.g.pools, gyms are available.
Staff on the other hand are very helpful.
The biggest advantage of this hotel is its location;it is situated in the midst of many shopping centres of Kowloon, a very busy place, and great fot night shopping, especially around new year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We were at the hotel from 7-9th December. The room was very small only about 20 inches between bed and walls. The bed not much bigger than a single and we were lucky that we were not big people. The bathroom had mould throughout with the grill in the door full of dirt. The paintwork on the door was peeling off. The wall hairdryer did not work. The door from the corridor had grease and makeup around the spy hole on the inside and was covered with mould on the outside. Of course it smelt of mould and decay. Overall a dreadful room which could not be recommended.

Room Tip: Have no idea how to get a good room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Hong Kong hotels

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was at Ramada Kowloon Hong Kong from 29th December 2013 and checked out on 1st January 2014. Out of curiosity just a couple of days before I left for Hong Kong I read reviews for Ramada and it made me a bit jittery, the reviews were not that good. I rang up my tour operator and let him know my concerns, little help he could offer, but he did insist that Ramada was a good option and yes what he said was right! Its not out of the world but a place that you are comfortable in and offers a pleasant stay.
I could come back at night to a room that was good enough for me, my wife and my 5 year old daughter. We parked on the 13th floor, room no 1303.

Buffet breakfast for me was adequate and varied. I stuck to scrambled eggs, toast - butter and juices. The other options included noodles, tea-coffee, noodles and lot more.

The location of the hotel is excellent as well. You could stroll around the hotel and time would just fly!

Concierge service was good as well.

The only problem is that the check in time is after 2pm. I reached at 11am and had to hang out until the check in times.

All in all a wonderful experience... Definitely would suggest staying here.

Room Tip: None Smoking Room
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 15 December 2013

good things:
1. location is just right. restaurants, shops, bus stops, airport shuttle, and tst MTR station is all near by.
2.breakfast is not wide spread but I prefer it as it does not confuse you with too many options. it was pretty decent.
bad things:
1. rooms are small and bathrooms are even smaller. there was not enough light in the room and was looking dull.
2. staff is not that friendly. I had booked bed and breakfast and it was mentioned in the voucher as well. however the first day when I arrived, the lady at the brekfast counter asked for my room no and said bf was not included in my package. I asked her to check again as I was sure, then she came back saying ok u can have the bf (no apology or smile)
3. the walls of the rooms are not at all sound proof, I could clerly hear voices from the next room and it botheres me entire night. the property is also very old and very tiny lobby and lift. only 1 person can walk in the corridor with a bag at a time. there is not enough light in the corridors as well (too much cost cutting)
Conclusion: Good for budget travellers and backpackers, not recommended for those who want to stay and relax at the hotel.

Room Tip: doesnt really matter as I got free upgrade to superior room and the upgraded room dint please me at...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Monish D
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The Ramada hotel is at best a 2 star hotel. The rooms are very small and beds are hard. The staff are unhelpful and unfriendly. We asked for a non-smoking room and were ensured we could have one, when we arrived we were given a smoking room, when we complained we were told oh well that is all there is to bad. The rooms absolutely stank of smoke!!

I would love to go back to Hong Kong but I would definitely not stay at this hotel again!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian H
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Ramada properties are 4 star hotels but this one was not...

I've seen 2 star hotels have a bigger reception area that this hotel. The room that was reserved for me was on the 6th floor which was smoking room despite making a remark on the hotels website when i booked that I wanted a non-smoking. Ended up with a room on the top floor.

The entire hotel were in the shades of brown. The room was dark and SMALL, I would say less than 200 sq.ft. Sure as hell not worth the HKD1050 I paid for (my trip was during some trade fair). The mini bar was exorbitantly priced, a bottle of water that was priced at HKD35 would be for about HKD9.5 at a 7Eleven.

The bed was small, I'm about 5'9" and my feet would be hanging out or my head would be sticking to the head rest/board. The TV had 1 English channel which was Discovery.

I had to call room service for a bathrobe, which was torn from a couple of places. Had to call room service for an iron+stand. Next day had to call room service again for the iron+stand, this time i told them to leave it in my room, and the room service guy made a fuss about that.

The only good this about this hotel was free WiFi. Never made it for the breakfast.

Room Tip: Park Hotel thats besides Ramada Kowloon looked like a much better hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank HuzShbbr
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I have nothing nice to say about this hotel - including the staff who was pretty useless. The room smells of heavy smoke and the windows don't open, the room is dark and small and the bed is as hard as a rock.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business