5 people are viewing this hotel
travelup.comUS$103
PricelineUS$114
Hotel WebsiteUS$126
3,962 results
All reviews crown club sky tower rooftop pool home away from home club lounge tsim sha tsui duty manager excellent hotel star hotel harbour view breakfast buffet victoria harbour nora sabatini atrium floor hk
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 November 2012

This hotel is in East Tsim Sha Tsui which is only a few minutes walk from Nathan Road, and actually really well positioned for the Avenue of Stars, MTR, Ferries, shopping, etc.

Apparently it's recently been refurbished, which may have meant it was noisy during the renovation, but from what we saw, this has all been completed.

We stayed here for 10 days and struggle to find fault with this hotel - it was really well priced compared with the other 5 star hotels we looked at, the rooms were really well laid out, the service good rather than memorable, and everything was modern and clean. The rooms are compact (but no smaller than a lot of others in HK) but as mentioned, had a clever layout that gave us plenty of room (easily fitting in our extra 48kgs of shopping) as well as our luggage.

One of the best things we found was the Sky Deck, which is their new pool area on the roof of the hotel. The walls are all glass which means as you lay on the sun lounge you look out over TST. The weather was quite warm and very humid during our stay so it was great to go up to the pool at the end of the day and read a book after a dip.

We go to HK for leisure/shopping at least once/year and choose our hotels based on price, but prefer to stay in a 5*. I think this hotel is better than the Mira, not as good as the Peninsula, and almost as good as the Langham TST, which we love (although completely different in style & service), so if the price stays at a reasonable level, we'll definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lmannix
Reviewed 25 November 2012

This is a busy hotel, which means that you spend a lot of time waiting for a lift. This is further compounded by the fact that two of the lifts only go to the third floor, so that entails a change, and another wait if you need to go to the lobby. The rooms are clean and tidy, but small, and there is not a lot of storgae space for two people. There was only one comfortable chair, in spite of the fact that I had a double room. Many of the rooms have a lousy view, but a handful have either a partial view or direct view of the harbour. I was travelling with colleagues and we were all on the same business rate, but were treated quite differently from each other. Some had a room with a view and others not. It took the hotel quite a while to recognise that the needs for a 10 week stay were very different from the more typical business traveller who stays only a few days, and I had to protest my case before I actually got a room with a decent view. Once the staff got this into their heads things improved. I was there while a trade fair was taking place and the room rate almost doubled for that period, despite the fact that I arrived before the fair and stayed for a considerable period afterwards. The breakfast buffet was good and there was plenty of choice, though at over $500, the dinner buffet was expensive, as was the hotel laundry. Fortunately, there are lots of restaurants and a local laundry close by that are significantly cheaper. The entrance to the hotel is off a square that it shares with the Regal Hotel, so traffic is a nightmare, with endless buses, taxis and congestion. You take your life in your hands just leaving the hotel, let alone trying to get across the road to the shops, so not a good location from that point of view. However, there is a lovely roof-top garden and pool where you can escape to, and there is a fitness room. I have stayed at other comparable hotels in Hong Kong, and this one, despite what it likes to promote, is not significantly better, though there is a good choice of restaurants, if your business allowance will stretch to them.

Room tip: Ask for a room that does not look over a car-park or the buildings opposite.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JRKernow
Reviewed 23 November 2012

This hotel is really a mixed bag, the rooms are on the positive side clean, and very well equipped and has an absolutely stunningly gorgeous large swimming pool on the roof.( And there is proper room service twice a day -when is properly cleaned )The negatives are, the rooms are very small, and it just does not cut it as a high-class hotel in that the business services are just not there, the Internet is extremely slow and not particularly reliable. And most importantly for the first time in my life once I checked out of the hotel, in spite of having agreed this before attending the hotel there were no proper facilities to enable me to work. Therefore make sure that you agree before you book the hotel and keep the name of the person that you speak to confirm that they will allow you Internet access, without charging you and allow you access to the facilities again without charging you. It is the norm that I have found in all hotels that I have stayed in. I must say on the positive side the person at reception who told me I would have to pay to use the facilities was embarrassed by it and apologised. All in all if you're looking for a nice four-star hotel for holidays this is a great hotel. If you need a location for business it is very well located for Kowloon and is on balance a very decent hotel. The staff are definitely do try.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Givemeaholiday
Reviewed 18 November 2012

As I found that all HK hotels in October are very expensive, I chose the Royal Garden as it was recommended. The location is convenient in Kowloon close to the waterside and the facilities are excellent. I particularly enjoyed the rooftop pool which was a grea place to end the afternoon and sunset. Cost is on the high side but we had the delux package that included cocktails and afternoon tea which helped make it better value for money. It is still mainly a business hotel but for a short 2 day stopover is ticks all the boxes

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Hong Kong has many upscale (some VERY upscale) hotels, especially in the Kowloon area. This is one of them--not the very top tier, but just a smidgeon below and very, very nice. Rooms were quiet, extremely well-appointed, and comfortable. If some are 4-star, this is 3 3/4. Compare costs--staying here is far cheaper that most of the others, and, believe me, your stay will be just as pleasant.

Room tip: some rooms have nice HK harbor views
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends