“Perect hotel”
Review of The Royal Garden

The Royal Garden
Ranked #39 of 730 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel two time i.e.recently in March 13 and in 2009 for 14-15 days. The hotel is on the perfect location, MTR station, many restrurants are neaby the hotel. The entire hotel is very well maintained. Their house keeping staff are very polite, fast in service and with amazing hospitality. The buffet breakfast contains all the varities and tasty.
The only drawback (minor) which I can mention here is, the maintenance/renovation work was in progress (I was not disturbed because it was not going on my floor) and i think they have not updated this information on website, however they have displayed this information on the receiption couter, but for me booking was already done.

Room Tip: Rooms facing to the main street
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,121)

Reviewed 16 April 2013

The rooms have been renovated since my last visit so it's certainly improved. The overall feel is an efficient business hotel, good breakfast, though the tasteless mandatory low fat yogurt is an international conspiracy to make us eat more sugar ! It's well situated for Hung Hom station, the MTR, local restaurants and shopping in Nathan Road, ideal if your travelling alone but a bit dull! I wouldn't bring my wife here.

Room Tip: Rooms Higher up have less buzz from the Atrium restaurant
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This remains a good hotel but I rate it average as the renovation works being carried out impact negatively on the services offered
The executive lounge is as good as ever under the superb stewardship of Danny who ensures high quality discreet service and a welcome smile after a hard days work

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I had booked a double room. At arrival I asked to have an extra bed for my daughter. So I got a "bigger" room. The upcharge for the extra bed was extremely expensive, even for a 4 stars hotel; about 4 times more than usual price at a 4 stars hotel. Then we went to the room, and there was no place to move, after the extra bed was installed. Absolutely no suitable for families.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank IlSave
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We stayed for 4 nights in March- 6th to 10th). We were disappointed that the view wasn't what we expected. The size of the room was ample for us. However, we did take the Club option but that included breakfast (which we did have as it was more peaceful than the large buffet) and cocktails with canapes in the dedicated lounge on Level 12. Also it means we were on the 14th floor. This option is well worth paying for).
The staff were excellant - you could not make a complaint against them they did everything to make your stay pleasant. The only small problem there were at times language problems at the Concierge we had some difficulty making our selves understood.
We didn't notice the construction noices until the last day when we went back to the hotel early for a rest and they wre using jackhammers. We went down to the front desk to complain. The Duty Manager, Ivan Chiang, handled very well and gave us the use of a lower room until the workmen had left. Thanks Mr Chiang.
We would stay there agin and recommend others.
Michael & Valda Neels

Room Tip: Try and get a room with harbour views. We booked months in advance and still didn't get one.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Rooms were clean and well furnished, although a little small compared to other hotels we have stayed in at HK. Good soundproofing from atrium (restaurant) area. Views limited, unless in the right section (eastern side) of the building. It always amazes us that even though you book six months in advance you still end up with the backside of the hotel. Wi-fi is good in the rooms (free). TV system a little complicated - ignore the on-line billing function, it is always wrong - get a print out if you have concerns. Breakfast supplement is reasonably priced although there are many nearby options at cafes that are quite cheap. Hotel provided a birthday cake for my wife which was a nice touch.

Room Tip: If booking in advance try to insist on a harbour side view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I'm a big fan of Hong Kong but it was my first time staying at the Royal Garden. The good - clean room, big TV, fantastic buffet back fast and lunch, great location close to the water if that's what you're after and one of the best Italian restaurants in Hong Kong right there on the 3rd floor. The bathrooms were great, really nice use of space in what is usually a bit of a tight squeeze in these hotels. The massive shower was pretty cool. The not so good, of which there is little was at the pool was out of action due to renovations. Can't help bad timing... And for me, the location is actually the most convenient. I like that I can walk to the intercontinental so easily for dinner, but you have to remember that half of what you see is water and one side is fairly industrial. I prefer being up Nathan rd a little even up in mong Kok at langham place so that I walk out into a thousand shops, train line and restaurants. But that's just me.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business