“Best Hotel In HKG for the Money”

The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers
Ranked #88 of 718 Hotels in Hong Kong
Orlando, Florida
“Best Hotel In HKG for the Money”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I visit Hong Kong every year, and I always stay at the Royal Pacific. I always get the Harbor view room, which is fantastic. The rooms have recently been renovated. The room décor and bathrooms are all brand new. The beds, linens and amenities are all wonderful. The view from the room is fantastic. Nothing beats the harbor view when you first wake up in the morning. If you can afford the extra for the harbor view room, then you must do it. The hotel staff has always been pleasant, and welcoming. They do get busy during check in, but the wait is usually just about 10 minutes or so.
The location of the hotel is superb. It is on swanky Canton Road, lined with high end shops. It is a 10 minute walk to the star ferry. A 10 minute walk to Nathan Rd (Golden Mile), A 15 minute walk to Temple Street Night Market, and a 5 minute walk to Austin MTR Station. You can walk everywhere in Tsim Sha Tsui without having to take a hotel shuttle or a cab. The hotel is above the Macau/Mainland ferry terminal, and just adjacent to the gateway mall with great shopping and dining. There is also a direct bridge access that connects the hotel to Kowloon Park. The park is beautiful, with tons of birds and fountains. One can walk from the hotel, through the park and then exit onto Nathan Rd, Haiphong Road or Austin Road. There is also a pier attached to the hotel. You can get there directly from the lobby or the lobby bar. The vistas of the Harbor from here is fantastic. Very peaceful. I've spent many hours on the pier gazing out south to Hong Kong Island or looking north towards the new ICC building (tallest in HKG).

Tip 1) Getting to the Hotel from the airport is easy. Don't waste money on a cab or shuttle service. Take the Airport Express Train from the Airport to Kowloon Station. (About $ 24.00 USD Round Trip). From Kowloon Station, take a taxi to the hotel. It will cost you about $ 30.00 HKD.(About $4.00 USD), and will take about 5-10 minutes. You can take the free shuttle bus from Kowloon station directly to the hotel, but it takes about 30-40 minutes or so, as the bus stops at other hotels prior. If you are worried about hauling your luggage from the airport to the train and then to a taxi, don't be. The train from the airport is just outside the baggage claim. There are free luggage carts so you can take the cart all the way to the entrance of the train door. Once inside the train, there are luggage racks to put your luggage onto. The trains are never crowded, and run very frequently. Travel time to Kowloon station is about 20-30 minutes. After you get off the train in Kowloon Station, it is a very short walk to the taxi stand. The taxi will then take you to the entrance of the hotel, where the doorman will handle your luggage while you check in. Easy..

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank MenalS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times and find it to be not too bad. During my last visit, I stayed at the Royal Pacific club floor. I was not too impressed. No newspaper delivered to my room on the first day and despite my request to the club lounge staff to have it delivered, none was delivered throughout my stay. The housekeeping provides very small plastic bottles of toiletries which is good for one person use for one shower. I made several requests for additional toiletries since we were two but the housekeeper was really stringy and did not provide and so, I bought shower gel and shampoo from a shop at the mall to use. Besides the head concierge who was courteous and helpful, none of the staff smile or greet except for the security staff (the black guy at the ground floor lift lobby).

Room Tip: Do you need to pay a higher price to stay at a Royal Pacific club room? Nothing great about the room...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 3 September 2013

An Hong Kong friend refer me to this hotel when I said I got a night for transit in Hong Kong so I need a hotel with a good location, easy access, near to city center, big and clean and reasonable price.
Did the booking online in their website and it is cheaper than if you do it at some internet agent booking. Got room with 3 beds for me and my two kids. They even upgrade me to harbor view so we were able to enjoy the view at no additional cost.
Hotel is just a stone-throw away from main shopping malls, harbor and tons of restaurants. A shopping mall is connected to hotel so don't worry if you visit the city in rainy season (like us that day).
Check-in and out was efficient. We reached the hotel by MTR (train) from airport to Kowloon station and continue with less than 5 min taxi away.
I recommend this hotel to you who like center location, shopping and travel with kids.
Wifi is free.

Room Tip: Choose room with three bed as they mostly located at harbour side, thus you got the view.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I am in HK regularly and always stay in the Royal Pacific. The staff is friendly, the breakfast is good and in specific the beds and pillows I find very comfortable. For business travellers there is a specific lounge on the 16th floor (if I'm not mistaken) where you can have a quite breakfast and also in the evening a relaxed drink enjoying the HK skyline view.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We chose this hotel as we were going to Macau. Location is very convenient as hotel is linked to the ferry terminal and next to Harbour City. Free shuttle bus to Kowloon Station, where u can take the airport express to airport. Booked a Premier plus room for 2 nights. We were given a room on the high floor with a good view, but there was a irritating wierd smell in the room (which I suspect was from the air-con vent). When we requested for a change in room the next day, the hotel staff listened attentively and accomodated our request. The second room was good without any smell. Overall, we would consider staying in this hotel again if need to take the ferry to macau.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 20 August 2013

It's not our first time to stay in the hotel , but since this is the 2nd time I find it better than the first. Rooms where renovated but the size of the rooms are still small . It is a good location if your the type that loves to go around the whole stretch of Canton Road and is an easy walking distance thru the Kowloon Park towards the MTR . There is a shuttle service from Airport Express Kowloon Station to the Hotel , so you are assured you can get to the hotel free of charge plus the wait time is only 15 minutes. The only thing I wanted to find out how to book the rooms with the view of the Harbour, the picture they show on the bookings.com site is the Harbour view I have been getting those building views instead for the past booking. I do hope that they can specify which rooms are which to avoid confusion. Plus I recommended the hotel to my friends and we all got the same rates, but all our rooms looked different especially for one, she ended up getting the not renovated room. Plus I do hope they can fix that check in situation since we got checked in by almost 4 pm , we arrived at 12 pm so it was a 4 hour wait for our group.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Davao City
Reviewed 7 August 2013

My wife and I stayed here last September 2012. Due to overbooking of the hotel we were upgraded to higher room. The room was superb. TV was big and the view of the harbour was really nice. The bed was really comfortable and the sheets was nice. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. Location of this hotel is great if you want to shop and go around Harbour centre and Nathan road. This hotel is also convenient as they the airport express bus has a stop here.
The hotel is also connected to the mall with full of outlet stores. Very easy to grab breakfast as there is Mcdonalds on the lower level of this hotel. Will recommend this hotel if you can grab it in a good price.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple