I visit Hong Kong every year, and I always stay at the Royal Pacific. I always get the Harbor view room, which is fantastic. The rooms have recently been renovated. The room décor and bathrooms are all brand new. The beds, linens and amenities are all wonderful. The view from the room is fantastic. Nothing beats the harbor view when you first wake up in the morning. If you can afford the extra for the harbor view room, then you must do it. The hotel staff has always been pleasant, and welcoming. They do get busy during check in, but the wait is usually just about 10 minutes or so.
The location of the hotel is superb. It is on swanky Canton Road, lined with high end shops. It is a 10 minute walk to the star ferry. A 10 minute walk to Nathan Rd (Golden Mile), A 15 minute walk to Temple Street Night Market, and a 5 minute walk to Austin MTR Station. You can walk everywhere in Tsim Sha Tsui without having to take a hotel shuttle or a cab. The hotel is above the Macau/Mainland ferry terminal, and just adjacent to the gateway mall with great shopping and dining. There is also a direct bridge access that connects the hotel to Kowloon Park. The park is beautiful, with tons of birds and fountains. One can walk from the hotel, through the park and then exit onto Nathan Rd, Haiphong Road or Austin Road. There is also a pier attached to the hotel. You can get there directly from the lobby or the lobby bar. The vistas of the Harbor from here is fantastic. Very peaceful. I've spent many hours on the pier gazing out south to Hong Kong Island or looking north towards the new ICC building (tallest in HKG).
Tip 1) Getting to the Hotel from the airport is easy. Don't waste money on a cab or shuttle service. Take the Airport Express Train from the Airport to Kowloon Station. (About $ 24.00 USD Round Trip). From Kowloon Station, take a taxi to the hotel. It will cost you about $ 30.00 HKD.(About $4.00 USD), and will take about 5-10 minutes. You can take the free shuttle bus from Kowloon station directly to the hotel, but it takes about 30-40 minutes or so, as the bus stops at other hotels prior. If you are worried about hauling your luggage from the airport to the train and then to a taxi, don't be. The train from the airport is just outside the baggage claim. There are free luggage carts so you can take the cart all the way to the entrance of the train door. Once inside the train, there are luggage racks to put your luggage onto. The trains are never crowded, and run very frequently. Travel time to Kowloon station is about 20-30 minutes. After you get off the train in Kowloon Station, it is a very short walk to the taxi stand. The taxi will then take you to the entrance of the hotel, where the doorman will handle your luggage while you check in. Easy..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Canton Road in the heart of Tsim Sha Tsui,our hotel borders one of Hong Kong’s most vibrant retail and dining precincts. From this prime Kowloon location, our guests can enjoy postcard-worthy views of Victoria Harbour and explore the best the city has to offer. Within walking distance to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway and Star Ferry, The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers is the only Hong Kong hotel with direct access to the China-Macau Ferry. Access to the HK International Airport is also easy and fast within one hour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Pacific Hotel And Towers
- Royal Pacific Hotel Hong Kong
- The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers Hong Kong