“A Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #84 of 721 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I We just stayed at the Royal Pacific. last night because we had an early morning flight out of HKG and. since we had golf clubs I didn't want to walk a long way after disembarking from our China ferry. This hotel was up ONE floor on the escalator from the Arrival Hall so it was incredibly convenient. We got an upgraded room on the 20th floor with a partial harbour view. The room was much bigger and nicer than I expected and the staff were most helpful and pleasant. I would definitely consider staying at the. ROYAl Pacific again.

Royal Pacific again. at the ROYAL

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
RoyalPacificHotelHK, General Manager at The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear ZhuhaiBill,
Thank you for staying with The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers on your recent visit and taking the time to post your review about your stay. We are grateful to you for sharing your positive comments and would continue with our endeavour in improving our services and facilities. In the meantime, we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This review is quite late. I stayed at the Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers for three nights together with my youngest brother and we were not disappointed. Considering the size of the hotel building and the fact that it has its own mall, we never felt bored whenever we return from our sightseeing tours because there are plenty of spaces to explore within the hotel building. They have more than one lobby where you can relax comfortably. You can also opt to go to the mall for some shopping. If you are planning to make a short trip to Macau, the ferry terminal is just outside the hotel.

Just like most hotel rooms in Hongkong, our room at the Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers was rather small. But it has everything you expect from a luxury hotel to make your stay comfortable. From our room we had a good view of the street and the bridge connecting the hotel to Kowloon Park.

The buffet breakfast was excellent as expected.

Book online if you want to avail of a cheaper rate if you decide to extend for another night because they have a different tarriff for walk-in guests and you will not get the same price offered on the internet.

Staying at the Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers is a big treat if you can afford it. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the higher floors and with a view of the harbour.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank pinoytraveller2
RoyalPacificHotelHK, General Manager at The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear pinoytraveller2,
Thank you for staying with The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers on your recent visit and taking the time to post such a detailed review about your stay.
We are grateful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and would continue with our endeavour in improving our services and facilities. In the meantime, we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Great location on the waterfront and close to the shops. Rooms rather small. Hotel has all the amenities. Very secure. Free wi-fi. Breakfast not included, but Starbucks and McDonalds close by. Hotel located next to the ferry terminal for a day trip to Macau.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank elpavorealblanco

Dear elpavorealblanco,
Thank you for staying with The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers on your recent visit and taking the time to post your review about your stay. We are grateful to you for sharing your comments and would continue with our endeavour in improving our services and facilities. In the meantime, we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Anyone who reads my previous reviews on this hotel will know that I'm a 'regular' visitor.
My last visit in November was a short 1-night stop-over with my wife, due to an early flight out of HK airport.
Check-in was the normal efficient service even allowing for the fact that I was checking in early (12 o'clock). No problems whatsoever.
No upgrade this time due to the level of occupancy.....:-(

BUT, I noticed on my booking sheet that even though we had booked AS A COUPLE (i.e. me and my wife), the small print stated '1 breakfast included'!
When I questioned this I was told, 'I had to pay extra for another breakfast!'

I thought this rather 'mean' because a) - the room rate was NOT cheap. b) - I had booked a DOUBLE room on a 'weekend getaway' rate. So I'm inclined to ask, 'Who goes for a weekend getaway and books a double room for just themselves?????????

However, so as not to ruin the stay I didn't make a big deal about it.

Then I realised, because we had to check-out at 7am for our early flight, I'd ask for in-room breakfast (then we could BOTH share the breakfast!)
I stupidly didn't realise that this was NOT covered by your room rate....even though the room rate included a breakfast.

So not only did I not get the 1 breakfast I'd paid for, I had to pay extra for the one delivered to my room! I'll remember that next time!

Otherwise....it was the normal high level service.

I'm booking in again (with my wife) over Chinese New Year (with 2 breakfasts paid for)! Hopefully the service will be just as good.

Room Tip: Towers Wing are larger rooms, some with a harbour view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PalawanEnglishExpat

Dear PalawanEnglishExpat,
Thank you for your continuous support to The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers and taking the time to write your review on tripadvisor.com. We valued comments from our guests, especially those who are our regular customers.
Please rest assured that we would continue with our endeavour in improving our services and facilities and we look forward to welcoming you back during the Chinese New Year.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

First visit to Hong Kong. Very nice hotel and conveniently located next to a ferry terminal and shopping mall. Seems to be a popular hotel as it was always busy with people checking in/out. The lobby area was spacious and very comfortable. Checking in took awhile but once done it a breeze getting our luggage sent to the room. The room was very spacious with partial view of the harbor. Even with an additional bed it didn't feel congested. The bathroom too was spacious with a bath tub and separate shower cubicle. Free wifi accessible in the room and quite fast too. Housekeeping staff was very friendly but couldn't speak English.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Regulartripster2805

Dear Regulartripster2805,
Thank you for selecting The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers as the choice of accommodation on your first visit to Hong Kong and taking the time to post your review about your stay. We are glad to hear that your stay had been an enjoyable one and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the your next visit to Hong Kong.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed 3 nights at Pacific hotel. The overall feedback is very positive. The main points:
- room surprisingly big for HK standards. Very comfortable, plenty of storage space, great bathroom with a bathtub, again very spacious. It was a nice touch to have bottles of water provided free of charge
- hotel itself: the reception desk staff could be more helpful. Checking in took forever and since we spoke Cantonese there definitely was no language barrier. Concierge very helpful on the other hand
- location - very convenient. Stayed in Kawloon hotel last time in HK and it was a bit exhausting to always leave the hotel and enter the typical kawloon madness. There is a lot of little restaurants and coffee shops around the towers of the Pacific hotel and it is blissfully quiet and airy so that was a nice escape from the crowds. We ended up eating at the restaurants in that area to simply rest from the buzz of the city. It is great to have that luxury as HK doesn't provide too many opportunities for a madness- free moment.
- the hotel is adjusted to a shopping mall so that might be convenient for some
- you can get to the harbor within 15-20 min walk, you either walk down Canton rd or you can walk inside the shopping mall

All and all I'd definitely condenser this hotel for my next stay in HK.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Srubka

Dear Srubka,

Reviewed 4 January 2014

we stay at the delux harbour view, I would call it partial view instead.!!! still it is nice for victoria harbour at night . room is bigger than the average hongkong .nice ,clean new decorated . service is very good. breakfast is great choice variety but coffee is a bit disappointed.the best for shopping at Ocean terminal. walk along watching harbour at night.

Room Tip: tower wing higher floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
RoyalPacificHotelHK, General Manager at The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear Thailkid,

Thank you for staying with The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers on your recent visit and taking the time to post your review about your stay. We are glad that you have have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.