“A great spacious hotel with great service for a family of 4... Except for housekeeping services tho...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Park Hotel

Royal Park Hotel
Ranked #43 of 712 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

Ok, let me start off with the 'con' first... It's situated in Shatin... But that's all I can think of just that to me, it's not a con because with the MRT just beside it and buses nearby, you can practically go anywhere you want. I wouldn't really recommend this hotel for 1st timers as it can be a bit far from the main HK Island but hey, with the very reasonably priced and the spaciousness of the room, it is now my favorite hotel to stay in HK.

I stayed here in a quad family room (with space for my kids to run and play a little bit) with my 2 young kids and I loved the helpful service staff, the convenience of the mall nearby made it so much easier for me to ensure my 1.5 year old boy had his diapers and food. They also allowed a very late check-out for us as we had a late flight which was great!

Also, Snoopy Land and ToysRus was a great place for my kids to entertain themselves when we wanted a restful day without traveling far. We also went for the Foei Gras buffet which was also very reasonably priced and most importantly - DELICIOUS! Do also check out the famous Shatin porridge when you are here, the staff can direct you to the shop. It's within walking distance. You can also walk to the famous pigeon restaurant - Lung Wah Restaurant.

My only irritation, if I may add was the housekeeping services. My son spilled juice on the duvet and I left it in plain sight hoping that housekeeping will clean it, when I came back I was very pleased to discover the stain was gone... But only to realized that they just flipped the duvet to the other side (!!!). Also on the last day of check-out, the front desk probably did not inform them of our late check-out so while changing my kids, a housekeeper just entered the room holding a basket of fruits. I am pretty sure he did not knock to check was anyone in the room. What was worst was, upon discovering us, he just shut the door and left. I was kinda hoping for some form of apology. I went out to want to confront him but then felt that the rest of the service staff made my holiday a good one so I didn't. Later it set me thinking as well - where was my fruit basket when we checked in?? Grrr... Housekeeping services, you need to buck up a bit! Other than that, we had a wonderfully delirious time!

See u next year and I hope the housekeeping services won't disappoint me next time!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank the_changs
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with Royal Park Hotel and taking your precious time to provide with your comments. First of All, i am much pleased to learnt you find our hotel in good location and your compliment on our facilities and food n beverage service are highly appreciated. Concerning your comment on the Housekeeping service, please accept my sincere apologies on all the inconvenience caused to you. The department has been briefed to investigate on the case and please rest assured that improvement will be made accordingly. Once again, thank you for staying with us and your comment do make us to strive for a better service in future. Should you wish to come to Hong Kong in future, please take your time to browse on our hotel website which latest room promotion packages will be launched or contact the undersigned direct. Wish you all the best.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Taipei, Taiwan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

The room was big compared to other HK hotels in center, and its clean as well. The price was reasonable. It is close to the train station by walking through the new city plaza shopping mall, about 10 mins walking, and 20 mins to city center. It is also easy to take bus to (from) the airport (bus no. A41), the bus top is just next to the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and provide us with your comment. I am much pleased to learnt you find our hotel in good location which easy to commute between city center and airport and my colleagues had provide you with clean and comfortable accomodation.
SHould you wish to visit Hong Kong in the future, please take some time to browse our hotel website which latest promotion on our room package will be published.
once again, thank you for staying with us and should you need any information regarding Hong Kong, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is my first time staying at this hotel.

Good Points:
The room is big and clean. I can see a great view from the room I stayed.
Comfort mattress and pillow.
For me, I get one coupon for welcome drink at hotel bar on ground floor.

Not so good points:
Can hear the foot step / voices from outside which means the room is not so sound proof.
The surrounding areas had no places for good shopping.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for 'your recent stay with us and taking your precious time to provide us with you comment. I am much pleased to learnt you find our room spacious and my colleagues do their very best to keep your accomodation clean and comfortable. Your comment on the sound proof was well noted and we will look into the issue and seek for improvement in our next renovation.
once again, thank you for staying with us and should you wish to travel to Hong Kong in the near future. Please browse our hotel web site for our latest promotion or feel free to contact myself for reservation.
singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

My friend and I stayed in Royal Park hotel from 4 May 13 to 8 May 13. I got to say that the room is really much bigger as compared to other hotels in HK. Though it is not in the central area but it is really very near to the MTR station, about 5minutes walk through the mall. The service staff were great and is always there to assist. We took the airport bus to the hotel, which is just right outside the hotel, very convenient and when we leave, we actually arrange with the hotel for the hotel shuttle to send us back to the hotel. Every thing was done hassle-free!

Strongly recommend this hotel and will definitely choose to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking your precious time to provide us with your comment. I am pleased to learnt your positive comments on our location and facilities and my staff do their very best to make your stay comfortable.
Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us in your recent stay in Hong Kong and should you plan to visit Hong Kong in the very near future, please take your time to browse on our hotel website for all the latest promotions or you may contact the undersigned for reservation. My colleagues and myself are look forward to welcoming to our hotel in future.
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2013

I stayed with my boyfriend from the 28th of April to the 8th of May. The hotel was great. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

The concierge was especially kind to me as a tourist. They had directions for the "local" sites and were extremely helpful in getting me to my destinations. The hotel is also attached to the mall, which is attached to the bus station and light rail. Extremely convenient. It's not near downtown Hong Kong at all, but it was very nice to be away from the city.

I used their gym facilities and it was clean and the staff were nice. No problems whatsoever.

The only real complaint I have is that they turned off the power 2 nights in a row. The first night, the light in the hallway came up and woke me up. My boyfriend let the manager know and they upgraded our room to a higher floor with a separate room where the light would not bother us.

The cafe was very good for breakfast and I also enjoyed afternoon tea (a pot of tea with a slice of cake).

The bar had excellent happy hour pricing. Buy one, get one free. Highly recommended.

Overall, a really great experience. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher floors seem to be better.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for oyur recent stay with us and taking your precious time to write us your comment. I am pleased to learnt you enjoy your staying with us and my colleauges had provide their very best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Referring to your comment on power supply. Please accept my sincere apology on it as this is a government regulation that we had to carry out inspection on our main power station every five years.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and should you plan to return to Hong Kong In future, please take your time to browse our hotel website on our latest promotion or you may contact the undersigned for reservation. My colleagues and myself are looking forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the very near future.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

I am actually writing this review from the 16th Floor of the Royal Park Hotel. Writing a review before you complete your stay may be seen as unwise...or as very confident about the quality of service. Lately as I have stayed in hotels the service staff seem focused on being "cool"... "Look at me I am so cool" and if you are lucky they may be distracted from being "cool" long enough to look after you!
Not so here at the Royal Park . The staff are genuinely pleased to look after you and to relate to you in a manner that actually emanates "welcome" ,not only to our hotel but to our district! ..and they obviously feel it is "their" hotel not just a work place. The senior management must be doing something right. The room is very comfortable with a great view across the park and river. The pick up from the airport was AAA+ The executive long stay package is great value..an excellent breakfast included and drinks and snacks in the executive lounge of an evening. There is free internet throughout the hotel. The restaurants are excellent also. But the strength of this hotel is the staff. Many businesses could benefit from the Royal Park if they learnt the secret of how the management here have developed such a culture of service and comfort for guests.
Congratulations to all!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Bernard L
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and taking your precious time to provide us with a comment. I am much pleased to learnt my colleagues did provide their very best to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Your compliment towards every members of my colleagues will certainly encourage us to strive for an even better service in future. Please rest assured that your comment will be forward and share with my colleagues for encouragement. Once again, thank you for staying with us and should you plan to visit Hong Kong in future. Please browse our hotel website for any latest promotion or feel free to contact the undersigned.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Clean hotel with spacious and well thought out rooms. Value wise there is very little competition in Hong Kong at this level however it's a little far from the main attractions. While the breakfast buffet is varied, the quality is poor and does this otherwise gem of a hotel a real disservice. Despite the breakfast hiccup I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Have breakfast out
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Carman C, General Manager at Royal Park Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time to provide us with your comment. I am much pleased to learnt your positve comments on our facilities and location. Concerning the comment on breakfast, i will certainly share with our concerned department and please rest assured that improvement will be made in future. Thank you for staying with us and my colleagues and myself are look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in future.